It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you conduct a morality test?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If you were a deity, how would you construct a fair morality test for your servants?

There's countless things to consider to the point that it's a silly proposition.
Only a fool would try to answer this, so...

I've got a 3 point plan.
1. Clear boundaries without any need for "interpretation".
2. Equal starting ground.
3. A prize if you win.

How would you do it?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

If I were a deity I would not have any need for servants.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Can you define "morality test"?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If I were a deity I would not have any need for servants.

Can there be a deity with out servants?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Morality is a human construct, just like the term life is also just something humans created to describe natural chemical systems with an abstract ideal.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

the First Stage of the 'test' would have Female or Male exotic-dancers/strippers to be the Test facilitators...

of course there would be the usual Doors 1, 2 or 3 to select the 'vice' or 'virtue' you wish to experience...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Morality is a human construct, just like the term life is also just something humans created to describe natural chemical systems with an abstract ideal.

Surely morality was also created to describe natural chemical systems with an abstract ideal as well.

Perhaps I should rephrase the question.

If you had to conduct a fair test on natural systems understood by abstract ideals how would you do it?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well let me see... Serious? What if You ARE/WERE the deity? You know besides getting burned at the stake and some other neat stuff if following the dogma of some religions™..

What if.... Humor Me as I am a fool. What if when the time of Your 'passing' You revert back to whence You came and melded back to Hunab Ku? Then what? That is if You 'come through the other side' and You don't have the $$ You broke Your back earning, how will You get along then?

And to answer St. Udio.. I'm currently licking My eyebrows and I'd opine that plays in both fields..

Stay Hydrated...

link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Can you define "morality test"?

Bad christians go to hell.
Sikh's may reincarnate as dung beetles.

The basis of all religions comes down to a morality test.

I'm curious if it's possible to actually create a fair test.

link   
Morality test?

My own home grown morality test is simply this;

How does someone treat me?

I'll sit down with gods, daemons, aliens and humans.

What happens next depends on politeness.

As a deity, I would have abolished slavery and instigated equality.

edit on 24-12-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
What if.... Humor Me as I am a fool. What if when the time of Your 'passing' You revert back to whence You came and melded back to Hunab Ku? Then what? That is if You 'come through the other side' and You don't have the $$ You broke Your back earning, how will You get along then?

I'll get along great.
I've only earned debt and my back's fine.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Anyway, I'd set up a 4 dimensional game and force my potential servants to use avatars to explore it. Then I'd give them the rules on how to act "correctly", fill the game with different obstacles and tests, give the players free will so they could act as they choose, and then grade them on their results. The ones that passed would get to come to my real realm while the ones who failed would get scrapped/ or recycled.

It's not much different than employees having to pass competency assessment tests and psychological evaluations before being allowed to work in specific positions.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If you were a deity, how would you construct a fair morality test for your servants?

The story of our lives, recorded in our minds, is the record of our lives here. Every thought, every sight, sound and action recorded in memory like a CCD camera on the wall of your life.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The story of our lives, recorded in our minds, is the record of our lives here. Every thought, every sight, sound and action recorded in memory like a CCD camera on the wall of your life.

Are You familiar with the "Akashic Records" ? If You're familiar and/or interested, there is an avenue I can direct You..

"What was; What is; What will be...."

Do You ever get up near Mt. Shasta? That is a real hot spot for orbs and tall, lanky wh. haired gents. These guys were still bartering gold dust for goods in the late 70s..

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well if You have earned "debt" then You're playing this 'plane of existence's game' correctly...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I drove by Shasta on I Five once on my way to Oregon.

That was really freaky cool.

One day the 'books' will opened and the truth will be known, everything we have done has been recorded by our minds.

edit on 24-12-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Simple. Would you sacrifice yourself? Your ego, for the betterment of all? As a conscience observer, can you understand that you are everything and nothing at all? What is the definition of love? Of freedom? Of wisdom? But truthfully, does the future begin or end with yourself? Answers are not the resolve, but a journey to Said resolution.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Surely morality was also created to describe natural chemical systems with an abstract ideal as well.

Chicken or the egg here doesn't matter, but both are just human abstract thoughts..

If you had to conduct a fair test on natural systems understood by abstract ideals how would you do it?

Why would you want to? So this deity created these life forms and then wants to test something he put into them in the first place already knowing the results?

So I create a mean junk yard dog, so what do I want to test? Do I want to test how mean he is or how nice he is around babies? It seems your question is like making a bunch of mean junk yard dogs and the nicest one win the test. Doesn't make sense to me.

edit on 24-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

There's countless things to consider to the point that it's a silly proposition.

I've got a 3 point plan.
1. Clear boundaries without any need for "interpretation".
2. Equal starting ground.
3. A prize if you win.

How would you do it?

I would choose the one that agreed with me.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Why would you want to? So this deity created these life forms and then wants to test something he put into them in the first place already knowing the results?

Yep, the point of this is to try and reconcile the stupidity of the morality test all religions seem to be based on.

I'm as incapable of it as you seem to be.
Perhaps we can learn from other's who may have answers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join