It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, backing Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

You are not from this reality , are you ? I know the story , you accidentally got "phased in" . Much you need to learn in this one if you are unable to "phase back out"
I recommend first to learn the history of the Middle East . Especially the parts pertaining to Israel and how/why the capitol was moved in the first place.
BTW - research why the US Embassy was placed in Tel-Aviv .

edit on 12/25/17 by Gothmog because: correct grammar

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Acknowledging an act of congress is a bad thing for a president to do?

This particular one, yes.

Then shouldn't congress change it?
The president can only act on the things congress does.
Congress has approved Jerusalem as the capitol.
The current president only confirmed that affirmation.
If it's a bad idea, contact your local congressperson, don't hate the president for following suit.

I didn't post that as a dig at Trump. But since you bring it up...

The Jerusalem Embassy Act was first approved by Congress back in 1995. Since it's controversial and truly unnecessary the past 3 presidents have all passed it on like a hot potato and chose not to implement it.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Since it's controversial and truly unnecessary the past 3 presidents have all passed it on like a hot potato and chose not to implement it.

So rather than take a stance the last 3 presidents did nothing?

Do you prefer when your presidents don't take action?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Congress likely thought (at the time) that some kind of peace deal would officially be reached at some point in the future. This is why they passed the decision to move the embassy way back then.

In the intervening years, it simply wasn't a "smart" move in the geopolitical sense, only serving to make diplomacy harder and a lasting peace even more impossible.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am not touching this with a ten foot pole.

All that I know is, with the defeat of ISIS imminent, Iran has solidified a route to Hezbollah in Lebanon as well as to the Assad regime in Syria due to our inaction and Russia stepping in at the last second. USA are the big fat losers of that engagement. We all know it, and no one talks about it. It's not even in U.S. mainstream media lately. They've gone silent over ISIS lately. Understand where propaganda comes from and what backs it, then you can talk to me.

This thread? A bunch of speculative amateur propaganda that has devolved into "the worlds superpowers" and being for or against Trump. Bigger picture is failing to be seen, as usual. This happens when people with such praise or resentment toward leading political parties or politicians clash. This is why moderates exist and always will. Its a tough road to walk, knowing the real truth. You get no brownie points from any side and lots of bashing. But, some of us are made for this.

Notice the root of the word moderator, and administrator for that matter. Moderation and Administration. You don't think there's people moderating and administrating the head Admin of the Estate of the USA? Trump had a weak victory, he barely passed one tax bill. These are the times you live in. Be thankful for checks and balances.

edit on 12/25/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Only countries that matter? You know you're talking about people? That's quite the list of people you don't give a # about too.
Racist. Just wow.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I agree. There's people starving, working their hands to the bone, and dying without healthcare, just a hastily prepared bottle of booze from their loved ones to ease their passing. They die without a blink from people caught up in this BS. It's the nature of power. You get a little, you want more. Whether it be economically, politically, or socially.

Thankfully, unpopular guardians exist to uncover this. People that have other people in their best interest. Suppose people with opinions such as these rose to power? (the OP of this thread and the first who replied). Inherently flawed from their foundation. Incapable of unbiased viewpoints. Thus, my opinion on checks and balances being necessary as are moderates.
edit on 12/25/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Ah Guatemala, sounds like we're in some excellent company!

Hmm, I thought you lefties loved people south of the border.

Apparently only when it helps your political agenda.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

for a peaceful acceptance of righteous ownership.

Hahahahaha.

Guatemala is showing that they have a more intelligent understanding of history

Most definitely, all about licky licky and thanks for the brown nose!

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that aid could be stopped if nations don't be little skivvies for US foreign policy.

Thanks for the laugh and merry Christmas.

Hahaha righteous ownership... That's a good one 👏 👍

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Theprodicalson
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Only countrys that matter are:

USA
China
Russia
France
Uk
Japan
Saudi Arabia
India
Germany
And possibly south korea, Australia , canada and new Zealand

France...really?

Strange i knpw but they are on the security council and have a advanced independent nuclear arsenal.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Only countries that matter? You know you're talking about people? That's quite the list of people you don't give a # about too.
Racist. Just wow.

I dont think you know what the word racist means.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

First they said nobody was going to move their embassy to Jerusalem, and now that two have pledged thus far, we move the goalposts with ridicule to try and save face?

Its president, Jimmy Morales, said the decision was taken after speaking to Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Guatemala is a poor country it is their interest to keep onside with the US and its master , this is a shallow and obviously political move by Guatemala.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Good luck finding that fire insurance...they are gonna need it.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Indeed.

This is kind of like the people attempting to attach negative connotations to the term "nationalist"

define nationalist (search phrase on Google)

a person who advocates political independence for a country

Sounds about right

MAGA

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: antiantonym

You're comparing a coalition supporting a military invasion to a coalition supporting acknowledgement of the need for a peaceful acceptance of righteous ownership. Your comparison is laughable and Guatemala is showing that they have a more intelligent understanding of history and what is right than 129 other UN jokes have.

What need? Why s it now a need because Donnie did it? And "righteous ownership" is only in the eyes of some.
edit on 25-12-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Or they want to become a great country like the US and Israel. We have always taken care of our friends abroad, and contributed significantly more to NATO to cover many smaller national GDPs. This is precisely why it is so shocking our "friends" would vote against their own security interests by attacking Israel/US.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

But in keeping with the President's class, have you seen any cuts to NATO? No. We're still making up for these countries that won't/can't spend 2% of their GDP. How about cuts to the UN? Minus the $300,000,000 cut there have been no major cuts. We still continue to fund and house the same institution that attacks us and our allies in Israel, Guatemala and other great nations.

Just as Trump is keeping the corrupt deep state agents (for now) and provably corrupt Bob Mueller & the whole biased team.

So much for all the doomsday theories

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Since it's controversial and truly unnecessary the past 3 presidents have all passed it on like a hot potato and chose not to implement it.

So rather than take a stance the last 3 presidents did nothing?

Do you prefer when your presidents don't take action?

In this case, YES. This bill was put together by Israeli lobbyists who hold positions in the U.S. government yet pledge allegiance to Israel first The reason why the past 3 presidents haven't touched it is because it's a move that will piss off billions of Muslims, Christians, and the majority of the world's nations.

Let go of the idea that you need to defend Trump here. It's not about him.

The irony is that if you truly support Trump, I'm gonna assume that you feel America should come first. MAGA. Nationalism.

This move says quite the opposite.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Or they want to become a great country like the US and Israel.

I guess these days you could call the US and Israel a country , seems the bond is close between Don and Bibi.

Following the threat , sorry advice , from the Trump administration Guatemala has shown it know which side of its bread is buttered , this isn't an idealistic move on their part its a political one born of necessity.

<< 1   >>

join