It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority okay with War on Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I've just read this article from newkerala website.An indian one.Hope it has nothing to do with the unreliable IndiaDaily news.

Anyways,the article says majority of Americans are okay with the War on Terrorism led by none the than the cuddly Bush.If you read the article it say the total number of confidence in the Bush Administration increase from 64% to 73%.I find it quite hard to believe this with all the sufferings happening in the middle east and death of thousands of soldiers for his own personal objective.

Here's the source:
news.newkerala.com...

What say you?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Silent majority rules in America! It is not new of what the majority within the USA think of the war. It seams you are against, sorry. May be some day you will understand, may be not.

Golden Shellback.......................King Neptune Rex Court now in session

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Yup,probably one day I'll understand.Probably not.Fat chance!!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartagram
What say you?

I say that this is nothing more than a pointless, anti-Bush thread
which was probably started for point trolling, and started by someone
who either doesn't understand the gravity of world terrorism or doesn't
care if it happens to Americans. Shame on you.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
FlyersFan,

Didn't you read my topic?What does it say?

Yes,I am against Bush but that is not what the topic is about.I'm trying to bring forward the idea that masses which is the Americans supporting every single step that Bush did while every other nation opposses it greatly(except U.S allies that is).Contradicting isn't it?

Yeah,you can say I don't understand the gravity of world terrorism but I do understand the ethics of war and rules of it.Evidently,I do understand why the Americans backs Bush because they have to.Bush is their sole representative in the world's eye.By not doing so,their pride would be at stake.Yet,shame on them not me for supporting someone who had broke the rules and law of war according to international jurisdiction.

[edit on 14/2/05 by Heartagram]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Can't say if it is accurate or not but you can make a poll say anything you want if you only poll preselected people!

What would be of far more interest is what percentage of the world think he is doing a good job? doubt he'd do very well outside of the US, we've got more sense than to believe the rubbish pouring out of the white house every day..

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
arnold_vosloo - What would be the pont of a poll to see how the rest of the world thinks Bush is doing?
Wouldn't that be kinda like polling apple employess for thier approval rating of the CEO of Microsoft?
Bush doesn't awnser to, wasn't elected by, and isn't in office to represent, the rest of the world. He is the President of the United States of America, not of the world.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by mwm1331]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hmm,you're right.Polls about Bush in the international arena would likely be a bad image for Bushy.

Well,maybe the polls have been tempered with I don't know.Seems geniune to me with CNN and some other reliable sources gathering the poll.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It is genuine and that is my point. Most Americans are either happy, or at least not unhappy with the job bush is doing. Who cares what the rest of the world thinks? He's our president not yours. Dont like his policies? Then elect someone in your country with different policies.
I cant count how many times I heard french officials during the election say that Bush would lose becuase he didnt pay attention to what europeans thought. In fact the night before the election one french minister when asked about Bush's lack of interest in the french viewpoint said on camera "and thats why he's going to lose"
The fact is Americans in general dont care what the rest of the world thinks of our government, its policies, or our elected offcials, if we did kerry would have won.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

FlyersFan,

Didn't you read my topic?What does it say?

Yes,I am against Bush but that is not what the topic is about.I'm trying to bring forward the idea that masses which is the Americans supporting every single step that Bush did while every other nation opposses it greatly(except U.S allies that is).Contradicting isn't it?

Thats BS. The article talks about people supporting the war on terror. Not supporting every single step Bush takes. The 73% is confidence in the Administration to protect them from terrorism, not just confidence in the Admin.
We have dozens of countries supporting us in the War on Terror. (war on terror not including Iraq).

It started before Bush btw, and it will continue after him.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yup,probably one day I'll understand.Probably not.Fat chance!!

I have been to Singapore. We have a military base in the jungles not far from there. Mixture of culture in Singapore, the water world they have there. It was ok to visit. But it was twenty odd years ago since I be there. Love the jungle tho. Come to think of it, rented a room at a motel and had a great time watching the small lizards crawling on the walls. Love nature too!

Well Heartagram, that is completely up to you. I am not here to feed your fear of America, nor are you here to feed me fear of Singapore. Good day and have a nice life.

Golden Shellback...............King Neptune Rex Court is in Session

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Now remember that the polls only are done on a very small amount of the population.

funny is about 1010 and very conviently done on the phone, and is at the bottom of the page.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This poll is from conservative biased Fox News.

"Do you think going to war with Iraq was the right thing for the United States to do or the wrong thing?"

-------------------Right thing-------Wrong thing-------Unsure
2/8-9/05--------46%---------------49%-----------------5%

pollingreport.com...

Seems the majority of Americans dissagree with the war according to Fox.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Silent majority usually does not say anything, they listen and watch to see how many prediction have come true from butt heads of the world. Liberals voice all the time, hell if they would of voted twice in the last election Kerry would of won.............
Would this be fair and just?

Golden Shellback............................Ride the waves...............Sailors know what I mean

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Goldenshellback]

new topics

top topics

join