It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity - a constant force - or fast frequency like electric AC sine wave?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: intrptr

A long time ago, I had a Prof. who specified that Isaac Newton originally described gravity, "as a force which acts as if at a distance". Most books leave out that very big "if". So then, Newton and Einstein were a lot closer together than is commonly thought. Or at least, that's what he lectured us on.

Gravity acts more like a field, like magnets and Electromagnetic fields. Still, how do we explain the "Surface Tension" in the video?

That is a good question and I would have to say it has to do with the molecular makeup of water and the way it shares electrons and such. I'm not sure how electrons are shared within water, but I would think that could have something to do with the way water has a tendacy to pool and stick together. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

Gravity acts more like a field, like magnets and Electromagnetic fields. Still, how do we explain the "Surface Tension" in the video?

Well, the surface tension is due to the Coulomb force. Water has a strong surface tension because water molecules are highly polar, that is to say they're like little bar magnets. They have a positive side and a negative side and they interlock. If I'm not mistaken this is also what causes snowflakes to look like they do, it has to do with the angle between the the two hydrogen atoms.

I think I get what you're saying though. If you could grab the live wire at precisely the right time 60 times a second you would not get zapped. Or if you blinked fast enough under a fluorescent light the room would seem dark. Gravity definitely does propagate as a wave at the speed of light. Evidence has been observed at the LIGO experiment, but it also makes sense because the strength of gravity decreases as the inverse square, just like the intensity of light. And the electric field strength. And since the magnetic field is a relativistic effect of observing an electric field from a different reference frame it does too, from a certain point of view. I guess that's just how life is when you live in 3 spacelike dimensions and 1 timelike dimension.

In response to your second paragraph, yes that is exactly what I was talking about but had a little difficulty explaining it without making it too long (and potentially loosing some readers in the process). In addition to those points where you wouldn't feel the charge, or when you would see darkness (as per the examples), there are also times when the forces are weak, such as those times closest to the zero point (off point) and they increase as they peak. If a some kind of motive force could be used during the period on the down-slope of the positive sine wave, or the up slope of the negative (both forces are approaching the zero line), then there could be times when the motive force could over-come the gravity force.

So if a motor could be turned on at say the 50% mark (on the downward travel towards zero line) of the positive sine wave section, then the force would increase proportionally as to the reduction of the wave to the zero point. IDK how it would work on the negative part of the wave - if it is just the inverse or if it even exists.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: intrptr

A long time ago, I had a Prof. who specified that Isaac Newton originally described gravity, "as a force which acts as if at a distance". Most books leave out that very big "if". So then, Newton and Einstein were a lot closer together than is commonly thought. Or at least, that's what he lectured us on.

That is a good question and I would have to say it has to do with the molecular makeup of water and the way it shares electrons and such. I'm not sure how electrons are shared within water, but I would think that could have something to do with the way water has a tendacy to pool and stick together. Thoughts?

If you notice, in the video, water sticks to the wash cloth and his hand when he wrings it out. People are saying that like molecules attract like, but cloth, water and skin are not the same molecularly.

I don't want to think about the ramifications. My thoughts go outside the box and I get scolded enough around here for that.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

So if a motor could be turned on at say the 50% mark (on the downward travel towards zero line) of the positive sine wave section, then the force would increase proportionally as to the reduction of the wave to the zero point.

You just (roughly) described a motor speed controller. Been done, for quite some time.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

So if a motor could be turned on at say the 50% mark (on the downward travel towards zero line) of the positive sine wave section, then the force would increase proportionally as to the reduction of the wave to the zero point.

You just (roughly) described a motor speed controller. Been done, for quite some time.

TheRedneck

Well I meant have it somehow synchronized with any potential gravity waves or pulses.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

That's the thing. There are ways to control electrical current (in a motor speed controller, it is via semiconductors) whereas we have seen no way to control gravity, either man-made or using natural phenomena. To do what you are proposing would require some way to turn gravitational force on and off rapidly, or to switch 'polarity.' We have no information that either is possible.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join