It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Atheist Still Believe in God?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Nothin

You asked the following:

1. Does a belief in god not also require energy?

My answers:

1. Yes.

Need to edit the above answer and I am past the time limit.

Yes, the belief in god requires energy.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

All religions are false religions going by your definition.

But what is spirituality and where is the scientific evidence?

Coomba98

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ecarlate
a reply to: randyvs

Long time that i read ATS, just logged today to ask you a question.
You said you believe in god, but if someone tell you that he believe in the norse gods, or the greek gods, or any others weird religion, what you will say?
That the person is wrong?

i don't know if i'm an atheist or anything, i just don't care. god exist or not, whatever, not my problem or business.

funny thing, in my language believe is the same word as doubt. but well, i don't go around saying to people god don't exist, but weirdly the others thing is true, there is regularly people who come to ask me to believe in their version of their god....

I wouldn' t tell them they were wrong.
But I would call attention to the obvious
Fact. That is that we can't both be right.
And there's just no way Jesus is wrong.
edit on Rpm122717v58201700000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm122717v58201700000042 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You can click on your name after the "reply to" the highlighted one in the first line to open up a window with your reply, that I'm replying to.
I'm always surprised how many people don't know that. How else would you make sense out of an AMA?
Whoa we didn't have one I would like one...
/* rambles on walking away

edit on 28-12-2017 by Peeple because: Lots of auto

Someone controversial and political! Show how nice we really are with our questions. That happens always. Before and after we bitch but during we are all on our best behaviour.
/* more ramble
edit on 28-12-2017 by Peeple because: What do we want? AMA!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You can click on your name after the "reply to" the highlighted one in the first line to open up a window with your reply, that I'm replying to.
I'm always surprised how many people don't know that. How else would you make sense out of an AMA?
Whoa we didn't have one I would like one...
/* rambles on walking away

Someone controversial and political! Show how nice we really are with our questions. That happens always. Before and after we bitch but during we are all on our best behaviour.
/* more ramble

I know.

And sometimes you don't want the reader
to be forced to "click" -- to know what your response is referring to.

Why do you want me to hide your original post?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Paranoid much? I hate the waste of space.
And gain, it's right above yours. You think people read your stuff but nothing around it? Most read the whole discussion and you're like studder in the flow.

edit on 28-12-2017 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 28-12-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Paranoid much? I hate the waste of space.
And gain, it's right above yours. You think people read your stuff but nothing around it? Most read the whole discussion and you're like studder in the flow.

This doesn't answer the OP, of whether atheists still believe in a God. I don't, regardless of whether I say, "For the love of God, stop complaining about quoting peoples' posts as a response"

It doesn't mean I'm religious or have any religious belief - I have just become accustom to saying it.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I have the freedom to complain about what's really bothering me, the waste of space bothers me as much as me bothered you enough about me complaining and you absolutely can do that. Freedom.
She is still more an anti-theist than someone who doesn't get invested in the god talks.
I hate it when people think they're here to convert others to their gusto.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I didn't get the impression Annee was trying to convert anyone to anything. She was voicing her opinion, just like I do.

I do it all the time, especially when people make outrageous claims about God or religion, like saying God healed them of their cancer or illness or brought them through a difficult period.

I ask, if that's true, why is that person favoured more by God than another person? Why will God heal or cure or help people through problem X, when there are billions of people in much worse conditions; famine, torture, slavery.

What about child abuse? Why doesn't God snap his fingers and fix that? Why does he allow people, in his name, to abuse children in the most horrific way, yet help John Smith pay his taxes? Or Mary Sue to cure her depression?

No, it isn't real, it isn't common sense, it isn't logical. Either God exists and has favourites, which goes against everything Jesus (who also isn't real) taught and preached, or he exists and is incapable of helping, which means he's not a God. Or, and this is the more likely scenario, he doesn't exist and never has.

That's my opinion, which I feel, is more correct that those of religious people.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You despise people who were given cure? It can't exist because it didn't happen to you, your friends whoever?
Most likely it's their faith in the cure that helps them overcome it. A huge placebo.
Why do you envy that? If it happened to you you we're stuck in whatever halfarsed faith you had at that time. It's especially hard to let others enjoy their freedom of religion when it's working for them, right?
People also died at voodoo cleansing rituals. In some countries being possessed by spirits is business as usual.
Using human body parts in rituals. It's not like we have an automated response to everything we encounter in life. Some roads lead astray from what we consider "normal", or typical human behaviour.
The mind is a powerful dangerous tool.

edit on 28-12-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You despise people who were given cure?

Did I say that? I don't recall saying that

It can't exist because it didn't happen to you, your friends whoever?

Never said a cure for such diseases and illnesses can't exist. I implied that claims of a God giving them to someone is nonsense.

Most likely it's their faith in the cure that helps them overcome it. A huge placebo.

"Most likely" doesn't cut it.

Why do you envy that? If it happened to you you we're stuck in whatever halfarsed faith you had at that time. It's especially hard to let others enjoy their freedom of religion when it's working for them, right?

Let people believe whatever the f**k they want, so long as such bullsh*t isn't taught as a science, isn't professed to be true without evidence and cannot claim to be immune from question, criticism and argument.

People also died at voodoo cleansing rituals. In some countries being possessed by spirits is business as usual.

Also bullsh*t - possession has never ever been proven. I suspect mental illness or congenital defects that cause the issue. No ghoulies or ghosties or demons.

The mind is a powerful dangerous tool.

Of that we agree.

So where's your comment about child abuse? If God is real and answers those of faith and belief, why does he let people abuse children? Why does he cure someone of faith in one location, but allow children to live in misery and anguish?

This is my biggest argument against the case for a God of any kind - based on the Christian faith, and after the Old Testament, he was meant to be love and caring and helping the weak, etc. Yet he lets our most vulnerable down.

As a human being, I would do everything in my power to save a child from harm. Any child, all children. Especially if I knew they were being abused. This god does not.

So I'm better than any god. I'm a real person who does real things.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I think you may be misinterpreting that study. I'm no QM expert, but I know that electron microscopes can affect particles, so it's not really the act of looking at something that changes it, it's the electron microscope causing interference. The observer isn't a person, it's a microscope.
edit on 12 28 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I have the freedom to complain about what's really bothering me, the waste of space bothers me as much as me bothered you enough about me complaining and you absolutely can do that. Freedom.
She is still more an anti-theist than someone who doesn't get invested in the god talks.
I hate it when people think they're here to convert others to their gusto.

Waste of space? Dude, this is a digital web page. How can space be wasted? Is there a space limit? Who cares if somebody quotes you. What's the big deal? Not everybody is tech savy and sometimes people prefer the quote to be there because it makes more sense to see the point in direct context. Usually when people complain about quotes, it's because they are ashamed of something they said.
edit on 12 28 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

No. Look into it further. They really say the attention of the scientists changed the results. This is big news in the Quantum Mechanics Physics community. The attention could even be from someone across the globe and it'll change it just the same as someone in the same room as the equipment.
edit on 28-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This just isn't true and is in fact a complete misrepresentation of the experiment. It has nothing to do with people/minds/consciousness affecting the outcome.
edit on 28-12-2017 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

You are completely wrong. Check into not before you discount it.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If I cam completely wrong then it should be no problem to provide scientific sources for the claim.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: Barcs

No. Look into it further. They really say the attention of the scientists changed the results. This is big news in the Quantum Mechanics Physics community. The attention could even be from someone across the globe and it'll change it just the same as someone in the same room as the equipment.

That is how scientists who actually study Quantum Mechanics have explained it to me. Maybe they are wrong, but I doubt it. I will find some resources on this tonight. I'm pretty sure that's a common misconception about the double slit experiment.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"God" is just another way of saying, "I don't know."

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Everything we know of is created. Even what ever we make is created by design.

It is to bad that moste of you dont know what "Infintie" is...... it would have made this much les complicated.

If i say that only one viod can be infinte.,....... all of you get confused.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join