It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right Trolling Star Wars

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I’ve never seen a star wars movie and after reading this thread I believe I never will, thanks friend (:

Watch the very first one.... best movie of all time.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It was a bad movie, 7 was a decent reboot that gave us several potential storylines to pursue, instead the lazy director trashed the majority of them and took a solid dump on the lore in favor of... I have no idea.

Spoilers:

Force flying in space, as Hamill said destroying everything that was luke, some huge cinamatography failures Rose/Finn at the end, Useless plot device to get finn and rose together, incompetent First order during the chase. Introducing charecters just to turn around and kill them for... reasons.

The really insulting thing... that idiot director is going to get to do a trilogy in the star wars universe, he got that before they even released 8.

ETA: but at least they got the music right this time.

edit on 24-12-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Meh who cares what a bunch of tighty whitey rigties pretend to think, they're just going to have to get used to the idea of being a minority.

Box Office: 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' soars to $745 million worldwide

The North American take has hit $365 million in its first 10 days as of Sunday with the studio projecting another $32 million on Christmas Day on Monday - making it the third highest domestic release in 2017 following “Beauty and the Beast” with $504 million and “Wonder Woman” at $412 million.

www.reuters.com...

K~
edit on 24-12-2017 by aethertek because: link

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Meh who cares what a bunch of tighty whitey rigties pretend to think, they're just going to have to get used to the idea of being a minority.

Lol, so you’re saying black people can’t be conservative?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

originally posted by: aethertek

Lol, so you’re saying black people can’t be conservative?

Lol, so you're saying that it is "black conservatives" who are whining about not enough white people in the movie?

K~

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
lol, you don't have to be alt-right to see this is the worst star wars movie ever... (and hopefully the last)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I thought it was a great movie added lots to the universe of star wars.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. I think it’s stupid and childish to use bots to downgrade the reviews just because you didn’t like it.

Having said that I wasn’t a huge fan of the movie as a huge Star Wars fan. It was hard for me to ignore the blatant liberalism of the movie. I didn’t have a problem with the diversity of the rebels, but where was the diversity in The First Order? With the exception of the Phantamsa, the First Order was all white men. I mean wouldn’t there be an uproar if the First Order was all black? I felt this movie was pretty racist against whites.

I also didn’t like how Luke was portrayed. I felt character development was thrown out the window in favor of special effects. I didn’t like how apparently Leia can use the force but that’s never explained or expanded on. I didn’t like how we know nothing about Snook and he just dies. I just felt the direction of the movie was off.

And most importantly, the thing I hated the absolute most about The Last Jedi was the sad realization I had that SW is going to be prostitued into the ground. It’s not longer a wonderful story that made tons of money, it’s now a franchise that Disney can just milk for money. We’re going to have a new SW every year and I don’t want that. The original three were special. While I didn’t care for the second 3 they didn’t feel like blatant money grabs. Now we’re just going to get new SW all the time.

If you liked TLJ cool, glad you enjoyed it, but it didn’t sit right with me.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

It pisses me off, I go to the cinema to get away from this kind of crap, the reason I love Star Wars is because it lets me escape to a galaxy far far away where I can lose myself for a few hours. It annoys me then that the alt-right have taken this movie for 12 year olds about space wizards and have trolled it so hard. They have taken away the legacy of this movie. 

Swap "alt-right" for "Stupid lefties" and you've basically got exactly the same argument as the alt-right; that a once great film franchise has been hijacked for use as political propaganda, that they can't even go and watch star wars anymore without having the whole SJW social engineering stuff rammed down their throat.. (not saying I agree with their argument btw, just pointing it out)

Seems like you guys have something in common there...

You have something else in common as well it seems; you can't seem to help making EVERYTHING about you and your politics.

Just watch the damn film and ignore what everyone else has to say about it.. who cares if it has a 0% rating on 'rotten tomatoes' ? It's totally meaningless and irrelevant...

Stop buying into it for goodness' sake... don't play the game..
edit on 25-12-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I thought it was a great movie added lots to the universe of star wars.

See thats my problem.

I dont think it added anything.

Not a lot really really happened. A fleet got chased and picked off one by one and luke mooped around like a hobo loser. Thats about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I am one of those people who are called alt-right but are only "sort-of" alt-right in a centrist libertarian way.

Just kidding, I thought the movie was decent although there was a bit of so called "virtue signaling" going on. Nevertheless it was an OK movie, even if it did have feminist overtones at times. I'm not opposed to women in strong roles, no problems there at all. I'd rather any specific agenda didn't get intermingled with star wars (or any other entertainment), but in this day & age it is unavoidable and made for a believable storyline

Best to judge things on the totality of their merits
edit on 12/25/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

who cares if it has a 0% rating on 'rotten tomatoes' ? It's totally meaningless and irrelevant...

Agreed, I never consult "rotten tomatoes" when deciding whether to watch a movie

Usually it is just something on TV or on Demand that I can pull up

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

It expanded what we thought of the force.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I think that might be taken out of context. He called Johnson a genius on twitter.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
DB
edit on 25-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Force flying in space, as Hamill said destroying everything that was luke, some huge cinamatography failures Rose/Finn at the end, Useless plot device to get finn and rose together, incompetent First order during the chase. Introducing charecters just to turn around and kill them for... reasons.

The really insulting thing... that idiot director is going to get to do a trilogy in the star wars universe, he got that before they even released 8.

ETA: but at least they got the music right this time.

They made the force some easy skill where you are now born with everything you need...No need for training, no need for 1000s of years of collected wisdom, no need for Jedi at all, you got an easy button to being the most powerful. Also, no lineage at all, its all been wiped clean.

edit on 25-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The movie was bad "period".

It did have great special effects, but that is about all it has going for it.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

i have been a fan of star wars since i was a 7 year old kid in 1977 when it came out.
i do have a problem with disney dumbing stuff down and forced diversity and gender swapping like they did at marvel comics for no good reason
that is not the reason i disliked the last jedi.
the reason i disliked it is that obviously the writers and directors were just given a list of names and told to write a screenplay. the whole chase thing threw space made no damn sense

luke prepared to kill a student who was sleeping no less no wonder kylo called his family killers and theives

trying to shame chewie with the family of porgs you eating if happened in real world would end with falcons freezer full porgs so scene made no sense dian rian even watch the force awakens

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

I want you to stop for just a few minutes and think: How long did it take you to research this information and put this thread together?

I spend about a hour on it writing it up today and about 2 hours researching it yesterday.

Now, think of all the more positive things you could have done with that time improving your own life and family and friends around you, especially considering it's Christmas eve.

Sadly not all of us can spend Christmas Eve with loved ones.

Thank you for reminding me of that.

Anything to post on topic dude?

So, volunteering in a soup kitchen is out of question? Got it.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollinondubs

If you liked TLJ cool, glad you enjoyed it, but it didn’t sit right with me.

I think people are tired of not liking something contemporary culture producers for a valid reason to have contemporary culture label is critics as haters to gloss over its flaws.

The film is obviously not ground breaking in terms of special effects. The movie does little to develop characters. And the movie relies more on special effects that giving actors a chance to act.

Makes you wonder about the people that praise The Last of the Jedi as cinema excellence, and enable Disney’s exploration.

I think it’s more in the realm old star wars fans don’t want the franchise to turn to mindless cheese as is the Transformer or Fast and Furious franchises.

A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. George Lucas
Read more at: www.brainyquote.com...

Or a movie that sacrifices continuity/logic to produce flimsy excuses for special effects sequences.

edit on 25-12-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixec

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join