It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right Trolling Star Wars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I really dislike Kylo Ren and Vice Admiral Holdo LBGTQ was cringey as hell too..

And where was the LGBT stuff in this movie???

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

In one of the books Admiral Holdo implies that she doesn't mind some inter species rumpy pumpy.
Didn't see how that was implied in the movie though....
This is the line from the book.
She is talking to Leia about her tastes.
'A pair of pretty dark eyes.' Then Amilyn thought about that for a moment. 'Or more than a pair, if you're into Grans. Or Aqualish, or Talz. Or even - ' 'That's all right!' Leia said through laughter. 'It's just humanoid males for me.' 'Really? That feels so limiting.' 'Thank goodness it's a big galaxy.'

So yup on that alone the movie is a LBGTQ.........
edit on 24-12-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Hell I keep waiting for them to say Finn and Poe are knocking boots... the tension is real....hahahahahaha

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And where was the LGBT stuff in this movie???

So my whole post that is the only thing you can comment on? Why?

Gee I don't know... Lets look at the LA Times...

She’s now seen “The Last Jedi” three times and like many fans, Dern says the film has opened new doors with each viewing, from the resonance of its pointed gender politics in a year of women reclaiming their power to its immense love for the late Fisher. And while she embraces the queer back story written into Holdo’s history outside of the film, she emphasizes the importance of seeing LGBTQ identities fully portrayed on screen in the “Star Wars” universe: “I look forward to a character being deeply represented in terms of their sexuality.”

edit on 24-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You obviously never saw the film.

If you did you would notice there wasn't even the slightest gay reference.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Hell I keep waiting for them to say Finn and Poe are knocking boots... the tension is real....hahahahahaha

Thats just gay fan shipping.

Though I think Poe will come as gay....just not with Finn.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Take the first 6 . Have 2 DVD players and 2 TVs available.
Put 1 and 4 in the DVDs and watch simultaneously side by side
Then put 2 and 5 in and repeat the process
Then 3 and 6 and repeat one more time

Notice anything unusual ?
Spoiler alert below......

Each of the pairs above are the same movie
Talking about milking the proverbial cash cow . And it appears that Disney is carrying on "that old family tradition"

edit on 12/24/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Its not because the movie does not represent the alt-right, or my views for that matter. Its that the changes serve no purpose other than political correctness.

What I object to is the pc'ing of movies "just because". Not every movie, tv show, or commercial has to have one person from every race, sexual preference, age group, etc. If you watch broadcast tv for a few hours during prime time you would think there is no such thing as a straight, same-race couple in this country. Its getting too stupid to believe.

I was thrilled when I heard there was going to be a re-make of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. That is one of my favorite books but the movies have not done well by it. I was very happy to hear that it was going to be re-made with a Hollywood budget. Then I saw the movie and discovered that Ford Prefect had somehow become black. I am quite certain there were plenty of white actors who could have played the roll. There was no good reason to change the race of one of the lead characters except for the purpose of political correctness.

It makes me feel like I should do a re-make of "Roots" with all Irish slaves instead of black. I wonder how that would go over...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I'll side with Mark Hamill on this.

Disney should be ashamed with what they did to Star Wars.
It seems the numbers agree.
"Box Office: “Last Jedi” Now Running Over $100 Mil Behind “Force Awakens”

But don't let any of this get in the way of your partisan hate.

Damn, my niece asked me to go to the movies with her to watch it. We are supposed to go tomorrow, here I thought that on the 25th everything was closed but at least movie theaters are open. She is not political in any way, yet every time she sees what the left has been doing she asks me "what is going on with this insanity?" and I agree with her.

The left in their moronic attempt to label anyone, and anything that does not agree with them as "alt-right/extremist/racist" destroy good stories and movies like Star Wars...

It's ironic how the NAZIS did exactly what the left is doing these days. The "true NAZIS" set out to label Jewish people "as evil and inhuman", they used the Jewish religious ritual of sacrifice (animals like chickens) to get the rest of Germany to hate Jewish people, and they succeeded.

edit on 24-12-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

..and Goebbels infested their film industry.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

You didn't read my quote from the LA Times...lol I'm not making this stuff up.

Vice Admiral Holdo was cast for the LBGTQ community to show a strong gay female in charge...

I don't care, either way I thought she was poor for the roll.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You didn't read my quote from the LA Times...lol I'm not making this stuff up.

Vice Admiral Holdo was cast for the LBGTQ community to show a strong gay female in charge...

I don't care, either way I thought she was poor for the roll.

So what?

No gayness was shown in the film.

So what if i her backstory she is gay?

Why does that effect anything?

The film was crap because it was crap.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Gay fan shipping? WTF is that? I just think it would be funny.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The film was crap because it was crap.

I guess my point was a little different than debating her part which is not what I wanted to do, but a few seemed to only focus on that one thing. It seems their main goal in casting was to cover all the bases with rolls in the film and didn't focus on who would actually be the best for a particular part. In the end I felt like I was watching a kid show that was not very believable.

edit on 24-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
I believe that’s beasteality, it’s inter-species.. so... jup, beasteality.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I’ve never seen a star wars movie and after reading this thread I believe I never will, thanks friend (:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I have yet to see The Last Jedi, but all Star War movies have featured strong multi-species female, and even robot leaders.

Social media gives platforms to too many people who don't have much of a life, me thinks.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Welcome to the internet. Take any reviews you see with a grain of salt. Since liking or disliking a movie is a purely subjective experience relying on anonymous sources for validation is not recommended imo. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Several things:

1) I don't listen to the critics, for they often look at more than just the movie, they look at too much, taking it apart and critiquing it from that point of view.

2) The alt-right, I think that there is more than what they are saying and do not want to admit to.

3) I went and saw the movie and here is what I did and did not like about it: The entire thing with the force, I think that they are trying to bring back the mystery of such, showing something new and different, aspects we have not seen, save in the comics and books. The humor was not as over powering as say in Episode one, with Jar Jar Binks, rather it was blended in to cut the tension and to relax the audience. It is a family film as well. Now the story is there, however, what I did not like is that there were too many story arcs, that were never completed, where people could not get invested with the characters, leaving some feeling empty and incomplete. Yeah Snoke was a bad guy, but where did he come from who was he, those are the kinds of details that would either make his death to be satisfying or a tragedy. And the entire thing with Leaha using the force, that could have been avoided and best left without, a bit way out there.

But over all it was entertaining. And that is what was far more important.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Alt Right My Ass

The movie was terrible (the plot, the story, etc.) except the wonderful special effects.

When it was over, I looked at my wife and said "what the hell did we just watch?"

This movie made the Phantom Menace look like a masterpiece!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join