It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right Trolling Star Wars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I wonder if you read the second part of the OP.

Because yes I agree that this movie deserves some negativity, the point is about how it seems like a alt-right group have review bombed the rotten tomatoes score.

That does not make the movie any better or worse, it just demonstrates why there is such a huge divide between the critic score and the audience score.

I think its interesting that the group said they would target infinity world next, will be interesting to see if that movie has a similar rotten tomatoes review.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So some took the opportunity to politicize a movie.

*shrugs*

I'm seeing it in a couple of days.

I'll make me own mind up about the film then.

I like popcorn and Junior Mints and a Pepsi when I go see a film. They have beer, but I hate missing parts if I have to use the lav.
Sometimes I get hot dogs, if I'm really hungry.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Personally, the last good Star Wars media was the Clone Wars. After that everything else (except for Rogue One) is just isn't really that good. Force Awakens was simply a rehash of Episode 4.

Lucasarts was actually gonna make an M rated Star Wars game called 1313 until Disney bought the company and shut down the game.

Seriously, if Disney want to make a Star Wars movie, make it take place during the Old Republic.
edit on 12/24/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As a Star Wars fan, Disney themselves ruined the Star Wars franchise. Look at the new Battle Front games for example.

Sure there are some good stuff like Rogue One but I feel like over time Disney is going to degrade the franchise even further.

Uh, Disney doesn't make the Battlefront games. EA does.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Lucasarts was actually gonna make an M rated Star Wars game called 1313 until Disney bought the company and shut down the game.

Again that was EA.

When Disney bought the rights to entered into a exclusivity deal with EA to make all future Star Wars games, EA over the last couple of years has been notorious for shutting down projects after it takes over a studio.

that however is a for another time.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Personally something tells me Disney was also a part of this too though.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Needless to say this is not a big deal.

First off many other sites have the movie being around 50 percent or a little higher.

Second, many people that are not alt right do not like the direction the movies have gone in.

Mark hamil who plays luke Skywalker hated what they did to his character.

He must be a nazi though I guess.

you cant deny this fact, so you chose to deflect for the sake of the 'alt-right'.

yes, its true the alt-right, and nouveau hate mongers disliked the movie because of female roles and blacks and somehow threw jews in there and gays etc...

Hamil disliked the artistic direction and how they chose to end the Skywalker plot.. a lot different than spewing hate against ethnic groups.

link   
It's a sh** movie, overly politicised, to the point it has destroyed the entire franchise.

link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Personally something tells me Disney was also a part of this too though.

Disney wasn't happy with the treatment of Battlefront 2.

That single player game was being developed by Visceral, not LucasArts by the way.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Hmmm, I honestly thought another company made it. Ah crap I was mixing up it with the creators of Old Republic.

Still my point is Disney should have at least done something original. Rogue One is good because it is somewhat original.

Well it's been a while since I followed the games. I am nostalgic for the times when KOTOR and the Kyle Katarn games where all in the rage.
edit on 12/24/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

All I can tell you is my family and several friends of mine have seen the movie.

Most reviews including mine are a solid "meh"

Two really liked it but they are fanboys.
They read the books and everything starwars.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I can't believe you wasted energy writing out this thread.

It's sad what people do to themselves just for attention.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The movie was a mess!
Plot holes galore.
Horrible pacing.
Meaningless dialogue.
There was NO lightsaber duel!!
Chewbacca conflicted with eating meat...?
Isn't he a carnivore?
Finn abandoning the rebels?
Finn in general was portrayed as a weak man in this episode.
And don't even get me started on Snokes death...

They are more concerned with filling a narrative than telling a good story. In typical fashion the OP see this as an attack from "alt-right" when in fact most starwars fans disliked the movie.

It's you making it about politics rather than just a bad movie.. Seeing racism, sexism, and xenophobia around every corner.

Must suck living in such a narrow minded world.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am not alt right or alt left.

I have seen all Star Wars films.

The Last Jedi is a good movie if you can get over the politically charged/infused issues they try and shove in your face through some of it.

I cannot hate on the lead female role thing. I think Reigh is Lovely.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I would say Finn narative was even racist.

A bumbling cowardly black try to jump ship then getting arrested in a posh established because him and a asian lady cant drive ?

Basically enforceing stereotypes.

To be fare i was pissed at Finns character "development". He was meant to stand for a morally right person with integrity that stood up and said no.

In the last jedi they just showed him as a bumbling coward.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
I am not alt right or alt left.

I have seen all Star Wars films.

The Last Jedi is a good movie if you can get over the politically charged/infused issues they try and shove in your face through some of it.

I cannot hate on the lead female role thing. I think Reigh is Lovely.

Its rey not reigh.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Grambler
Needless to say this is not a big deal.

First off many other sites have the movie being around 50 percent or a little higher.

Second, many people that are not alt right do not like the direction the movies have gone in.

Mark hamil who plays luke Skywalker hated what they did to his character.

He must be a nazi though I guess.

you cant deny this fact, so you chose to deflect for the sake of the 'alt-right'.

yes, its true the alt-right, and nouveau hate mongers disliked the movie because of female roles and blacks and somehow threw jews in there and gays etc...

Hamil disliked the artistic direction and how they chose to end the Skywalker plot.. a lot different than spewing hate against ethnic groups.

Sure the alt right hated the movie.

How does that prove they are responsible for the low critic user score.

I can make the inverse argument just as easily.

Many SJW types loved the movies diversity.

Therefore the user reviews for the movie are atricially higher than they should be because SJW's pushed it.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Hmmm, I honestly thought another company made it. Ah crap I was mixing up it with the creators of Old Republic.

It was being made by Visceral games who are owned by EA, it was under the direction of EA that the game was shut down.

EA are a bit like the Disney of the Video Game industry right now.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How does that prove they are responsible for the low critic user score.

Read the OP.

Part two goes into it a bit further.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The movie was a mess!
Plot holes galore.
Horrible pacing.
Meaningless dialogue.
There was NO lightsaber duel!!
Chewbacca conflicted with eating meat...?
Isn't he a carnivore?
Finn abandoning the rebels?
Finn in general was portrayed as a weak man in this episode.
And don't even get me started on Snokes death...

They are more concerned with filling a narrative than telling a good story. In typical fashion the OP see this as an attack from "alt-right" when in fact most starwars fans disliked the movie.

It's you making it about politics rather than just a bad movie.. Seeing racism, sexism, and xenophobia around every corner.

Must suck living in such a narrow minded world.

They all had plot holes - How was Luke able to pilot an Xwing well enough to take out 1/2 of the "Death Star"? He never had been in 1 before??

Horrible pacing - Was not too bad on this one, the monologue between Ren and Reigh was actually interesting as well.

Dialogue - Was not meaningless - Laura Dunns character was obviously annoying and poorly written though.

Light Saber - No there was a battle with Pray Guards of Snoke which was neat, Ren is also a confirmed sociopath.

Chewbacca - It was a cute scene because of the tiny birds and thats it

Finn - This was his character flaw in the first 1, he was also trying to save Reigh again.

Fk Snoke - he is a whiny D bag full of himself - Ren is an actual sociopath that fits the description of a monster of evil better than Snoke. Ren wants to remake the empire himself and invited Reigh to be at his side for it. He is basically trying to say F sith, jedi, everything..and make something new out of it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join