It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right Trolling Star Wars

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

That's like saying the remake of Ghostbusters couldn't possibly have been lacking as a movie ... no, the only people who hated it were just misogynists.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's like saying the remake of Ghostbusters couldn't possibly have been lacking as a movie ... no, the only people who hated it were just misogynists.

were the people who hated it all misogynists? no.

but were the people who spent their time downvoting it compulsively, ranting about it, and hurling obscenities at people who liked it all misogynists? probably most of them.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Good analogy. And of course that's not true. But there's something there. Like a whole subset of the American Demographic that didn't like it just because it was an all female reboot. We know that just like we know that many people disliked it for valid reasons. I think Last Jedi was the same, I keep reading lot's of reviews that talk about SJW in regard to the last jedi. The only people that use that term solid republicans and conservatives. I've never had a Liberal use the term SJW. I still think that 70 to 80% of the people that dislike the last jedi are conservatives/republicans.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I am neither a conservative or republican and star wars sucked. Not because of diversity or so-called sjw scenes, but because it lacked in just about everything. Lack of character development, plot, backstory, and a reason to give a crap. It didn't lack in plot holes and senseless action and spectacular cgi.

Most of the people that are downvoting it and taking to youtube making videos about how spectacular of a flop it is are those who have followed star wars for a long time know its lore and mythology and mechanics of that universe. Those that never cared much for the movies probably enjoyed it, but we will see if that can carry it through in the future because it looks like the majority of longtime fans are deciding to have no more to do with it.

It’s hard to call it a flop when it makes $450 million but that’s cuz of its legacy the name alone and the FANS. Disney sucked up every last penny and urinated on all its unique iconic essence that it was. Didn’t anyone in production question some of the writing or suggest yea um, this plot doesn't make sense? Honestly, the plot is like a bad piece of fan-fiction.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join