It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthroughs in physics, propulsion and AI could be leading to this slow roll out of disclosure.

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm not a physicist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do love to keep abreast on what is going on and try to wrap my head around this sometimes baffling, always complex subject. After reading TheGUT's thread on Electromagnetism, UFOs and the Weaponization of Alien Technology, I started to reflect on some recent discoveries that will likely lead to incredible breakthroughs in science and technology and how those discoveries might influence the UFOlogical community as a whole.

I'll attempt to illustrate these discoveries and try to provide some documentation. Then I'll try to make an argument on how they are influencing the current "slow roll out of disclosure". This isn't likely to be 100% smooth in its telling as I've not written it out before and have only recently been thinking of how this might all fit together, so please bare with me as I bumble through my minds contents and share them with you. This is just a silly theory, but not out of the realm of possibility.

One fairly recent breakthrough that could seriously improve our ability to visit new worlds that many of you may have heard already is the EM Drive. The EM Drive is a technology so baffling that NASA and nearly every physicist and rocket scientist worth his weight laughed at the idea for several years. When this incredibly simple design (you can build one yourself, there are plans online) was finally tested, it somehow seems to work, even if it did break Newton's 3rd Law of Motion. NASA now has a peer reviewed paper on how this "law breaking" propulsion system actually functions. While there is still some controversy around it, should it function properly, it would radically improve our ability to travel the stars by massively lightening payloads and in some instances get us close to 40% of the speed of light.

"An EM Drive supposedly generates thrust without the need for a propellant. It’s an electromagnetic thrust produced by bouncing microwaves inside a cavity — like a person sitting inside a box and pushing from the inside to make it move. Plus, the total momentum generated by the EM Drive supposedly increases as it moves."

"The scientific community was so notoriously unconvinced about the propulsion system – a recent Motherboard article on the EM Drive was deleted by the moderators of the popular subreddit r/Physics because they "consider the EM Drive to be unscientific".

"But now with NASAs first peer-reviewed research ever published on the EM Drive, this firmly takes it out of the realm of pseudoscience into a technology that's worth taking skeptically, but seriously."

China just announced that it now has a working EM Drive and will likely be putting it in to space and to the test shortly.

A possible theory (Pilot Wave Theory, or de Broglie–Bohm theory) that could explain how this drive actually creates propulsion was created decades ago by David Bohm, who popularized the idea of the Holographic Universe. David Bohm's theories, while at times controversial, were often taken seriously by the likes of To The Stars Academy's Vice President of Science and Technology, Dr. Hal Puthoff.

Another controversial figure in the physics community, who is connected to Dan Smith of the Aviary, is Dr. Jack Sarfatti. His (again, controversial) ideas of retro-causality have been recently gaining steam within the scientific world.
While it is often frowned upon to intermingle subjects like physics and consciousness studies, should these theories be tested and proven, this could lead to an explanation of how phenomenon like Remote Viewing might logically function. This is highly theoretical and pretty much pseudo science until it has been tested, but its not without its proponents. There are clearly strange and currently unexplainable phenomena that the DOD, CIA and other 3 letter organizations have spent years studying, and its possible that we might be getting closer to understanding how they work.

Now on to Artificial Intelligence. Perhaps nothing has created more buzz than AI / Machine Learning. Many are concerned that once machines can create even smarter/faster machines, it could spell doom for humanity. Its not hard to imagine with movies like Terminator, Ex Machina or Blade Runner to haunt our collective consciousness. I won't get in to the finer details on the progress of AI, as its still a relatively new and evolving project, but suffice it to say that it is moving incredibly quickly and there is probably billions of dollars going towards the endeavor of making computers and robots smarter than humans. Ideas like the Technological Singularity, are starting to seem less and less like far out ideas, and more like inevitabilities. They say that the first nation to discover true AI will dominate everyone who came late to the party.

Lets tie all of this in to the UFO issue now. I'm sure most everyone here is familiar with Richard Dolan and some of his ideas. He sometimes discusses the alleged fact that organizations like the DOD/CIA/NSA etc are decades ahead of the technological curve, in part due to the idea that we have likely recovered alien craft and have spent decades reverse engineering its systems. He alludes to NSA documents acquired through FOIA requests that show the NSA had at one point in the late 80s or early 90s, computational power that was 20x to 50x faster than what was available outside of their secret government installations.

Now, regardless of whether or not we have reverse engineered UFOs, its obviously not hard to imagine that there are certainly scientific breakthroughs and discoveries that occur in our governments top secret locations. This website wouldn't exist if it wasn't at least a popular idea. Now what if, due to the governments breakthroughs in physics, propulsion, AI or maybe even consciousness research, they have finally come to terms with their ability to dominate the rest of the world with their discoveries. Maybe its a warp drive that can get us close to light speed, or an AI so advanced that it can communicate telepathically. Perhaps a medical technology that will virtually guarantee eternal life, or.... a way to communicate with extraterrestrial or multidimensional beings.

They know that eventually the outside world will make some, if not all of these discoveries, which could ultimately take away their advantage.

Perhaps this slow roll out of disclosure is due to them making a discovery like one of the ones above.

I know its just a silly idea with not basis in reality, but I am still sort of in shock that they are finally dropping this news on us. All signs seem to point to more information/disclosure pending. If this ends up just being a limited hangout or another psy-op with no real truth to it... I will be bummed, if I even figure that out.

Anyhow, glad I found this place... some of the threads and discussion are AWESOME!

edit on 24-12-2017 by Harpua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

Nicely laid out thread, some interesting things to ponder within it, we are only just at the begining of the quest to travel the vastness of space, it will take some seriuos leaps in present tech to make it more of a reality.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
" While there is still some controversy around it, should it function properly, it would radically improve our ability to travel the stars by massively lightening payloads and in some instances get us close to 40% of the speed of light".

"An EM Drive supposedly generates thrust without the need for a propellant. It’s an electromagnetic thrust produced by bouncing microwaves inside a cavity — like a person sitting inside a box and pushing from the inside to make it move. Plus, the total momentum generated by the EM Drive supposedly increases as it moves."

I remember this. It was like a couple years ago, oh heck, as time flies, it was probably longer. This propulsion got my head rolling, and I was thinking of my own designs based on some of these ideas.

As far as AI, they could process thought and movement so much faster than a human, it might just be an additional needed part of the concept. S&F

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Im not holding my breath, this isn’t the first time credible government officials have come forward with some grainy footage and radar returns with an incredible story to go with it.

It wasn’t an “official” release then and it isn’t one now.

I’m not trying to be the party pooper, it’s just that I have given up hope that they will be officially releasing disclosure any time soon. It would be nice but I’m not getting my hopes up.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I believe this is what I might have been thinking of en.wikipedia.org...

Still, it uses a substance, something is 'consumed' in propulsion. I take it in the one you show is self contained in that no propellant is used or consumed, a big pluss !

It only makes sense that propulsion of this type would be able to operate virtually forever.....

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thank you for your post, this is old school ATS stuff!! You’ll fit in around here nicely. What ‘they’ have already we wouldn’t believe, the government knows much and says very little, at least for 30years or so.....

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wouldn’t be surprised if the government decided to disclose that there are UFOs out there with technology more advanced than our own. It practically happened this last week, with multitudes of stories covered by both Fox and CNN.

A retired government official who ran a CIA program aimed at collecting data about UFOs was interviewed on CNN, and he admitted they exist. There was a fighter pilot who flew on a mission to observe a UFO at close range, and his testimony came with infrared footage from the aircraft’s camera.

Both stories were taken seriously by the media.

What the government has refused to disclose is what is inside the UFOs.
edit on 24amSun, 24 Dec 2017 10:44:38 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24amSun, 24 Dec 2017 10:45:24 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Agreed.

The rollout of disclosure fizzled, nobody is buying it, so they are shelving it.

Till we forget, our attention span is what, 7 seconds?

Of course well have to deal with the agenda drivers down the road. They'll say, Disclosure happened, it was Awesome...where were you?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There is going to be more to the New York Times / TTSA / Delonge UFO story, mark my words!

It likely won't be what everyone is wanting (full Disclosure/full transparency), but I am betting they continue to roll out information.

This thread is simply speculation on WHY they might be doing it.

It could be as simple as a distraction from the tax bill or net neutrality... but I don't think thats it. I think it is something bigger. It may not be good news or it could be just another manipulative psy-op where they try to build more fear in to our lives, but I am pretty sure we will be hearing more about UFOs from government sources.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They should release a book titled “If We Were Hiding The Existence Of Extraterrestrials From You This Would Be The Reason Why”

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
oh, and don't forget the $20 trillion dollars in missing DOD and HUD money!

That could fund some pretty incredible space bikes

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Naa.

They are disclosing because they will then use it to continue to dominate the populace. Thats all.

Eventually the civil society will discover things and those things will be shared open source and they won´t be able to grab and hide like they did in the past, until then this sort of disclosure is just another trick they are pulling on us.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thats a short book.

Because disclosure would cause a general panic, Reliigions would go nuts, restart the Inquisition , witch hunts and burning at the stake for heresy. The gubment would lose its iilluson of supreme authority over people. Whole new paradigm would take root.

Gozer Worshippers.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nice, Harpua.

AI has been on my mind as being almost definitely a part of the recent happenings. Even past happenings to some degree. And it's ALL about the AI in our very near future.

Hope to have a little more time in the coming days to dig in and play!
edit on 24-12-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The most thing that strikes me is the opposite noises I'm hearing from people who are all worked to disclosure.

I can call out names but those who are following this on foot know what I mean.

We have to remember that very interesting people from one if not the biggest agency of the world have come to a point that some are not complying how things are dealt with about keeping this information outside the publics eye.

This is not who's going to be the ambassador of earth if what has being released could be not from this world.

No this is the beginning of something that somehow needs the approval of the public and probably measures the reaction the world will give releasing something that they rather would keep from the public eye.

It seems that every action starts a new reaction. First UFO'S are weather balloons and swampgas, followed by cgi and Chinese lantern.

Now UFO'S are a false flag invasion or some kind of Psy-op.

The fact that very sensitive information has been released and we all have seen that years before last week many governments started to open their archives with dozens if not hundreds of files to view for the public eye as freedom of information act.

But I guess ATS wouldn't be ATS if there wasn't a conspiracy behind a conspiracy.
edit on 0b17America/ChicagoSun, 24 Dec 2017 13:39:17 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 24 Dec 2017 13:39:17 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Solid post i must say!

From a computer technicians perspective, I feel technology and more understanding of the sciences around us would definitely help ease disclosure.

I happen to have an acquaintance who works for Lockheed Martin and although it is heresay, his security clearance and the way he told his story of fiber optics being created behind closed doors, plus preparation of the world for job loss due to automation, (a downside to technological progression unforunately) seems rather VERY credible in my eyes.

In my opinion, if you can at least give the public SOME info on how these craft work, they might be inclined to be less feared on the subject, because the unknown is scary to pretty much every human being.

Who knows? A breakthrough on back engineered ET craft inspire more young people to become scientists and further the research.
edit on 24-12-2017 by clt1994 because: context

edit on 24-12-2017 by clt1994 because: Wrong company name

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: clt1994
a reply to: HarpuaI happen to have an acquaintance who works for Lockheed Martin and although it is heresay, his security clearance and the way he told his story of fiber optics being created behind closed doors, plus preparation of the world for job loss due to automation, (a downside to technological progression unforunately) seems rather VERY credible in my eyes.

I remember reading somewhere that fibre optics cables were rumored to originally have come from reverse engineered UFOs... but who knows if thats true.

Automation will destroy millions of jobs eventually. I am not always very optimistic when it comes to subjects like this. I sometimes think its the governments logic to spend trillions on underground bunkers and protections for the ultra wealthy, then let the majority of humans die in whatever disaster they cook up. They inherit the earth with less humans to deal with and have all the machines doing the work for them.

Solid plan if your a psychopath.

Hopefully there will be good news instead.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The only "disclosure" we have ever had, is being shown a pair of "2's", or even *gasp* "3-of-a-kind".

We think we're slick 'cuz we peeped their cards.

But, it's all part of the bluff.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: HAARPO

I guess I'm a little more hopeful, though they are clearly holding all the cards.

new topics

top topics

join