It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How big will the counter-revolution to Trump be???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Human Society/civilization is a series of revolutions and counter-revolutions..

We notice a problem, then address it. Before, People get mad about the societal changes and any over reach and we undo 90% of the progress the revolution made..

Civil Rights is a perfect example of that..

Revolution: The problem of slavery leads to the civil war. Which brings about abolition and a big, but short lived effort toward black sufferage..

Counter revolution: the pushback to reconstruction and black sufferage led to arguably the worse episode of racial violence in American history in the aftermath of the war and the retreat from reconstruction..

We got rid of slavery, but swiftly undid all the other progress made I the south.. leading to the KKK resurgence of the early 1900s.

Revolution: the 1960s civil rights movement led to massive jumps in equality and civil rights..

Counter-revolution: the push back to affirmative action and such, leads to the “welfare queen” narrative and the war on drugs..

Revolution: the first “black” president.

Counter revolution: the tea party movement and now trump..

So what does the pushback to trump look like in the future??

How far does the pendulum swing back the other way in the wake of Trump’s craziness?????

edit on 24-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It will be one of the stock choices because that's all that we're allowed to see. Radical candidates like Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders get cheated and have no real chance no matter how popular they are. (Trump is not a radical, but he plays one on TV.)

www.youtube.com...

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

We notice a problem, then address it. Before, People get mad about the societal changes and any over reach and we undo 90% of the progress the revolution made..

Revolution: The problem of slavery leads to the civil war. Which brings about abolition and a big, but short lived effort toward black sufferage..

Counter revolution: the pushback to reconstruction and black sufferage led to arguably the worse episode of racial violence in American history in the aftermath of the war and the retreat from reconstruction..

We got rid of slavery, but swiftly undid all the other progress made I the south.. leading to the KKK resurgence of the early 1900s.

Revolution: the 1960s civil rights movement led to massive jumps in equality and civil rights..

Counter-revolution: the push back to affirmative action and such, leads to the “welfare queen” narrative and the war on drugs..

How far does the pendulum swing back the other way in the wake of Trump’s craziness?????

You do know the definition of revolution correct?

If so, then how was Obama a revolution exactly?

These anti Trump threads get more and more ridiculous every day.

The ship is being righted at this point.
edit on 12/24/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
A similar degree to the extent in the examples you quoted most likely. In what form any swing back actually manifests is difficult to predict. Mainstream Extreme liberalism to the point of pathological altruism would just be a return to the current societal median.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Depends on if he starts a perpetual war, or not, my take on it at least.

a reply to: JoshuaCox

So the Tea Party was just about a "black" POTUS, eh?

If its people that think like that behind this "revolution" then it'll look the same as it did all last year. A bunch of racists screaming about racism.

Does that sound like "progress" to you?

Of course the hypocrisy that will unfold in my war scenario, where it was okay for Hillary & Obama to trigger a war in Libya / Syria / etc (and use our arch enemy Al Qaeda as mercenaries), but if Trump starts a war in NK it'll be an instant mass "liberal" movement in the streets in response, complete with fireworks and molotov cocktails.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I still think Trump was more left than Hillary so I'm not sure there's room to swing too much.

But regardless of how it swings, as long as roughly half are unhappy then the system is working.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

the populist response of a Maga presidency, is in direct response to selling off our nations sovereignity. Theres no big secret there and it has not run its full course...not even close.

Corruption ruled DC to such a degree during the last administration...this is the result.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, since corruption and scumbaggery are the baselines for the liberals. Than I would guess having Obama on the supreme court and Houma Abdin as the head of the FEC would be the next logical steps for the Dems.

Maybe they could get Bin Laden's grandson on as the head of DHS. Sky's the limit.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Corruption ruled DC to such a degree during the last administration...this is the result.

And corruption will rule the current administration.
And the next..
and the next..
etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
How big will the counter-revolution to Trump be?

A lot of things are in flux. If NK can be settled without loss of life, I would say the answer to you question is, "A tiny little baby fart".

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The counter revolution won't be more of this lefty nonsense, it will be more leaving the current left and revolting against them after increasing terrorist attacks and mass migration from opposing cultures does unrepairable harm to current society. We're already starting to see that in places like Sweden where the left is intent on ruining the country.

Now with that said, I'm going to go enjoy a Eastern European Christmas Eve dinner with a bunch of hardened people who don't get all butthurt by mean words.

Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh yeah i expect a huge chimp out when Trump reveals what really went on in the Obama administration. The american people will not believe it at first but they gathered evidence for years now. Scandal free my ass.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Well, since corruption and scumbaggery are the baselines for the liberals.

Oh the greedy pig you have in the WH has set a new lower baseline. Associated with the mafia (corruption) and allegations of sexual molestation going back decades (scumbaggery). Look back and remember how Republicans didn't even want him. They settled to get a win (corruption) and proved once again to have no standards or morals beyond winning.

But yah, let's all gloat that one side is better or worse.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Oh...let me see here...this my expertise....yes...just one second

just about squat...yep that's the number II come up with...

just shootin from the hip

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think history will show you are on the wrong side of it.

Obama(if that's his actual name) wasn't even black was he?

Not that I care about skin color, but let's not lie if he isn't and call it a revolution.

Obama caused chaos and uncertainty (sp?) in the business class, which effects us all.

The working class is excited and optimistic now.

People on gibs are not.

People on gibs are resorting to emotional manipulation, like they always have and will.

Not really a new concept, it's grifting 101.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

People on gibs are resorting to emotional manipulation, like they always have and will.

Not really a new concept, it's grifting 101.

lol jinxy cat..... exactly what I just typed....good work, thank you

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

These anti Trump threads get more and more ridiculous every day.

Sadly, another thread (this one) reported for not following ATS thread-creation rules. Maybe JoshuaCox is a forum owner? He never gets punished like us "little guys".

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

this big

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Sadly, another thread (this one) reported for not following ATS thread-creation rules. Maybe JoshuaCox is a forum owner? He never gets punished like us "little guys".

Aren't you on the right?

When everyone plays the victim it gets confusing.

Questions should be answered not censored.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Unless something goes catastrophically wrong, it will be a sparrows fart in a whirl wind.

There has been a lot of hysteria over what he might do, but most people seem ok with what they know he has done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join