It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami tragedy reveals hidden artifacts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
When the tsunamis of Decmber 26 struck southern India, they left behind artifacts of an ancient civilization that the sea had claimed thousands of years earlier. It seems that when the giant waves retreated they removed so much sand from the beaches that reminents of an ancient port city began to spring up. Interesting read.

news.independent.co.uk...

south-asia.news.designerz.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There's a nice photo of the stone lions in the second photo. Quite an exciting find -- I wish I was going along on THAT dig!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Tell me about it, Byrd. I can't even imagine the exhilaration that these guys will expierence when the commence on this site. It's hard to believe that the underwater structures were never sighted before with all of the fishing that goes on there. Of course though, the seabed probably dropped by tens of feet when the water retreated so they might have been buried as well. I will definitely be looking for updates to this story in the future.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have searched for any new updates but have found none. Anybody have any more info to offer on this interesting find?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have to say that it's still hard to look past the death and destruction in regards to anything concerning the tsunami but....that is pretty freaking cool.

I give skychief two super double plus good scout points for finding this.

Spiderj

top topics

join