It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens or extraterrestrials really exist what type of religion would they have

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
They worship "the creator of all," and have said many times (actually this is a stupid thread) "he is to us, as he is to you."

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Why would an Alien need to have a faith system?

Better still, why would an alien want one, just look how well its worked here...

Rather than have beliefs of 'gods' I think they would have actually tracked down just who and what any ancient so called gods were.

Personally it worries me that there are still people that need to believe a religion based belief system in order to understand things and claim some importance because of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: East29

That's exactly the obstacle I just don't want to jump over. The creator has a creator that was created... that is crap. There is so much detail and depth in everything around us. Down to the smallest part.
Who is that creator? Where does he live? What is he made of? That opens up more questions than it answers.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I believe some might bow to their dark lord |..|

It's a good question that makes you think, would an advanced race from across the stars have deities to worship? would deity worship be frowned upon or even illegal? looking at our own species religion has started wars, and religion could've sparked wars elsewhere in the cosmos, and perhaps those wars have destroyed nearby civilizations and maybe these 'abductees' who were shown post apocalyptic visions we not being shown the bleak future of our planet, they were being shown the results of what happened in the aliens past so we don't make the same mistake.

Or maybe my tin foil hat is cutting off the blood flow.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I hear ya. Considering that we know next to nothing about our universe, if it actually exists, and given the plain simple fact that science is wrong about most things (eggs bad, eggs good, ooppps, egg bad again), we know nothing. You're paradoxical thinking is 100% valid based on what is known. But, if you take a wild leap of faith and believe the tales of some of the more credible abductees, as Harvard's Dr. John Mack did, you'll find that the there is a spiritual component to many of these cases. Some of these are the Phoenix and worm, the Creator of all, and even the Greys preparing the way for Christ.
I guess we'll all find out pretty soon.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

They would believe in one super being just like our creators -the so called gods did- . In fact we are created by those so-called gods. But we are confused because life on earth is ruled by the struggle for life. A lot of us are contaminated by mixed feelings and all of us are contaminated by egocentrism.

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
it is a fact that all religions in existing are created by men to control the masses that all. Aliens are searching for the meaning of life also...

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
they wouldnt waste time on the same things we waste time. when you can travel the stars and influence civilizations you are as close to being a god as you can get.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They would be atheists. It's been proven that as intelligence increases, people tend to move away from religion.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: East29
a reply to: Peeple
given the plain simple fact that science is wrong about most things

Wow. And you're writing that statement on a computer that I suppose was just dropped in your lap by God. Or was it developed by - SCIENCE ?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Any religion is a path, essentially. A perspectival path. That means it has an intention to do something. It is a means to and end.

(People complain that our religions haven’t helped much.
That may have some truth behind it but it doesn’t deter from the fact that people can and have benefited from religion.)

Any alien religion would have a perspective that we may not understand.

Human religion is essentially about the unseen forces that rule us we don’t have full perception of.

Much of the esoteric aspects of our religions seek knowledge of this.

The aliens may not be impaired in this way therefore don’t need religion in the way we need it.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

According to NDE'er Howard Storm in his conversation with Jesus. Jesus goes to every planet in their form and offers love, faith and the word of God. Jesus was greeted with open arms on many worlds, but ours was and is still a challenge. The fallen angels/demons are trying to take our world from him.

edit on 26-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
No religion needed. Love and respect one another, Love and respect nature, Work together in the best interest of the whole.

That said if a superior alien race came with their own religion, I would likely adopt it if they let me, as it will be more likely to be based on universal truths than our current religions.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I would hope any advanced civilization is no longer burdened with superstition/religion.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Did you every wonder if a religion or belief or a script for living life honorably might be as the aboriginal peoples who were connected to our Earth and nature would know how to feel, then be real?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If aliens or extraterrestrials really exist what type of religion would they have

HA hahahaha - NONE!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

If aliens or extraterrestrials really exist what type of religion would they have?

Why do you think they have any?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Does God believe in aliens? Or us, for that matter...

Does a belief in a Godhead require religion? Aliens could certainly believe in a supreme/higher being without, necessarily, creating a religion to frame that belief...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

You can not say that because there has been no attempt at a census to gather religious information and statistics outside of Earth. There is zero reference which to base your opinion.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Surely if some civilization has mastered intelligence to complete interstellar travel, they will also have understood long before religions to be artificial human(oid)-made concepts with little bearing to an original God. Mainly they would abide by the good old Golden Rule: "Do to others as you would have them do" without the bigoted nit-picking about who has the best book.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join