It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens or extraterrestrials really exist what type of religion would they have

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

None..

Religion hides in the dark corner of what we don’t yet know.. that dark corner for a very advanced society gets smaller and smaller..

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
All one can really do is guess. So I’ll hazard a few.

Aliens are Christians because Christ has appeared on multiple planets.

Aliens are really extra-dimensional beings, and not only that, they are actually demons that worship Satan and trap our souls on this planet.

Aliens have no religion, much like animals probably don’t.

Aliens have their own religion based on their own mythology.
edit on 24amSun, 24 Dec 2017 09:17:31 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24amSun, 24 Dec 2017 09:18:19 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

"The Golden One" they have been searching for the golden one for millions of years.

Millions of years is quite the exaggeration.

The answer can be found in this sacred text novel. No spoiler from me.

Some time in the 1990s, my partner in crime and I were on the lam. This novel was the only book we had. I read it 5 or 6 times. My partner, who loathed science fiction, even read it twice. She didn't care for it at all. But "It's not like I have a choice of reading material!"

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

The word or idea of "religion" would not exist in their vocabulary. Nor would the "idea of a religion" exist in their history.

Yes, justso Justso!

The modern concept of religion, as an abstraction that entails distinct sets of beliefs or doctrines, is a recent invention in the English language since such usage began with texts from the 17th century due to the splitting of Christendom during the Protestant Reformation and globalization in the age of exploration which involved contact with numerous foreign cultures with non-European languages. Some argue that regardless of its definition, it is not appropriate to apply the term religion to non-Western cultures. Others argue that using religion on non-western cultures distorts what people do and believe.
Etymology_and_history_of_the_concept_of_religion

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

They believe in a Creator or "God". To suggest that they have a set of morals or religion we would recognize is daft though.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just anything or nothing.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

They believe in a Creator or "God". To suggest that they have a set of morals or religion we would recognize is daft though.

It's only daft if you don't believe in god.

If you believe in god then it is crucial that their set of morals is recognisable.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

edit on 24-12-2017 by LeChef because: i want to delete and add the comments, ill try again

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
our mind has all the questions and our heart has all the answers

these piece of # aliens will never come on here and explain, so # them
who cares

you know in your heart the true reason for being, we all do

i can verify it

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
you know in your heart the true reason for being, we all do

i can verify it

Awesome.

I've been looking for verification for a long time.

Please verify it.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

that little feeling nestling in your soul of a comfy cozy existence being planned out
it's on the tip of your soul tongue and it's always present
it's a feeling you may be unconscious or neglect but you always know it's present

after the knowledge i got i verified that feeling is true
we all feel and know everything in our heart, our connection tied to everything. trust it and cherish it

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
The word or idea of "religion" would not exist in their vocabulary. Nor would the "idea of a religion" exist in their history.

They would recognize the above as a construct of a very backwards and ignorant civilization. A civilization which needed simplistic answers to things and life that they were too ignorant to understand.

A "higher being" were be an extremely advanced civilization that progressed beyond the ideas of "physical" and "spiritual" constructs to an understanding of themselves and where they fit in the galaxies.

Without a human moral compass, humans could encounter beings that they would consider "sinister" or "amoral" or even "benevolent" without any understanding of their existence.

Religion, much more than likely, serves no purpose in highly evolved extraterrestrial civilizations.

Best answer so far. I would like to add to it but you really capture the essence of religion. Good job. Now, more need to understand. The only way to evolve to a higher civilisation is putting aside everything that separate us (social rank, race and above all, religion) and working as one, as the human race.
edit on 24-12-2017 by LeChef because: wanted to add something

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm not sure the aliens would be Christians. That would be a tough one to have since Jesus walked the Earth. I imagine the aliens would have something like Taoism. I doubt they would have a religion that was base on Earth bound references. Taoism seems like the only religion I know that would travel well through space.

Obviously they worship Splode....don't you?

unbelieveable!
edit on 24-12-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: makalit

Fair enough.

It's a theory no worse than my own ramblings but it's not verified.

I don't deny the feeling, I have that too.
I will dispute verification until I'm convinced however.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Fair enough.

It's a theory no worse than my own ramblings but it's not verified.

I don't deny the feeling, I have that too.
I will dispute verification until I'm convinced however.

All animals and life naturally live from the heart, but once you look out your window at the wilderness and see animals, your heart steps back and your mind steps in to compensate, there is an unconscious recognition we have that we are different, of which your mind creates a fabrication as to why. If not this unfortunate situation, you would naturally live from your heart as much as an animal.

Now upon furthering understanding this, you can 'force' the heart and ignore that unconscious desire for your mind to fill in the questions, you can simply be one with the cosmos, however you will, to most of society, look like the boy with down syndrome

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
They believe in the religion of 'what's happening.'

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm conscious that I'm different to other animals, and when I turn the light on in the kitchen the roaches run because they also have that ability.

Animals have an honesty that's pure, the fact that we lie and manipulate the stories doesn't make us less or more superior.

Just different.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
None. They would know that they weren't created by some mythical figure.

Exactly!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If we are being visited it is probably by AI which more than likely would have no religion.a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Any civilization more advanced than ourselves will be clever enough to be atheists.

We still have people who deny science for ideological reasons so is it any wonder there humans who are still dumb enough to believe in a god!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join