It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, there are no life forms beyound planet Earth that we actually know of

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo
But what came before the Big Bang?

God.

Who created the initial mass from which a Bang might occur?

Our Big Bang could be the result of a star collapsing to a black hole in a previously existing space-time dimension.

And since there is no evidence "nothingness" ever existed, reality has always existed (based on the evidence something does exist)

So before you can have a God cause, you first how to show "nothingness" can occur as a state of existence. Good luck!

I think we can have faith in a Creator God ultimately creating reality, but I would let the astrophysicists have their theories too.

Besides, according to the latest experiments in quantum mechanics, reality does really exist the most commonly way it is imagined to be:

It looks like "idealism" is on the rise again!

edit on 23-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Look in to retro-causality...some in the physics community believe this could explain the missing dark matter. the double slit experiment and other weird things that go on in the quantum world. Ultimately, we could be evolving in to "god" who created ourselves to experience what it is to evolve in to "god".

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Our Big Bang could be the result of a star collapsing to a black hole in a previously existing space-time dimension.

Are you sure about that?

Because, I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

Unless you have omnipotent powers where you can spontaneous create reality as you imagine it, then since we have no control of our list of choices, then how are people morally responsible for their own salvation. Unless I have omnipotent powers, my life on Earth is a very weak if not meaningless test of my morality.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, I am sure. It's okay for you not to think so. Based on the current evidence sets, there are many interpretations and conclusions one can draw. But until you are actually there when it happens everything we say is just conjecture. And choosing which conjecture best represents the evidence is purely subjective.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
ofcourse there was life before there was god. just follow religions back long enough and youll find a point where what we think of as a god or gods in recent history didnt even exist and hadent been created by man yet. my questions is, what happened to all the other gods and deities

God and Gods are metaphors representing facets of the human spirit. All the gods exist as human spirits.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighRising
And of course, our Big Bang could be the latest in a series of Big Bangs, at which point, my head starts to hurt and I want to soothe it with vodka.

At the moment the Universe experiences heat death, gravity ceases to function, the wave form instantly collapses to a single point because there is no space-time fabric remaining causing dimension, and once in a single point another Big Bang occurs.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
where there is air and water, life will be .

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Where there is air and water, life could be.

Define "air."

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit

The bible is a book of *mortality
People trying to come to terms with their short lives

"You think I am oing to burn in Hell. But how bad can it be? It can't be worse than living with a guy who chose to send a bunch of people to hell" ***

"God seems to be pro choice, allowing evil to persist, he doesn't seem to have a care for the affairs of man"
Not true he is guiding reality

My faith in a God of unconditional love is stronger than your resulting fears from having faith in a lesser God.

edit on 23-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You win then.

I suppose.

Congratulations. Have a fish.

edit on 12/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
You win then.
I suppose.
Congratulations. Have a fish.

Or a cookie. People choose dogma for a reason. It makes them feel safe.

Do you think God can have a thought so complex that even She can't understand it?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't know.

Do you have any idea how many angels could dance on the head of a pin?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I don't know.
Do you have any idea how many angels could dance on the head of a pin?

Well, I am practically blind from a health condition. I could not focus my eyes on anything that small. What kind of angels? Would they be this kind:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Where there is air and water, life could be.

Define "air."

air is the shadow that is behind us all, unless you look for it you won't see it, let alone touch it

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

God.

God.

If not the Big Bang, perhaps a Steady State, Cyclical, or Oscillating Universe or Multiverse is your preference -the originator of which can only have been:

God.

Even our limited but evolving science today does not yet allow something-from-nothing. Thus, prior to nothing, in order to create something from nothing, there must have been a creator:

God.

Since the dawn of time man has been using God as an excuse for that which he can't understand. Some things never change...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

God.

God.

If not the Big Bang, perhaps a Steady State, Cyclical, or Oscillating Universe or Multiverse is your preference -the originator of which can only have been:

God.

Even our limited but evolving science today does not yet allow something-from-nothing. Thus, prior to nothing, in order to create something from nothing, there must have been a creator:

God.

Since the dawn of time man has been using God as an excuse for that which he can't understand. Some things never change...
Now that is sensible and practical! There is no need for understanding if you can accept the concept that what is has always infinitely existed. No beginning and no end. Nothing and time do not exist and never have. They are just figments of the flawed and limited human mind that cannot handle the concept of infinitely existing reality randomalities.

Get your heads around that!!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
we live in our own minds

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

You mean Turtles?

That is exactly what I meant. And they're on top of Monkees.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Um,

Why does the universe have to have a beginning?

edit on 24-12-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: simplicity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join