It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing this Christmas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm feeling a little festive so figured I'd post a thread about Christmas day.

The old folks will be hosting Christmas at theirs for the first time in years. I'm looking forward to it and I'll be heading over there early to help set up the place. Going to see the ol' gurl Biscuit, family dog. She's getting old, I haven't seen her in so long so I'll be looking forward to that. Got her a present too! All wrapped! It's just a chew toy!

What about the rest of ATS?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Enjoy your time with family. and Merry Christmas.

I am one of those old folks who lives alone and can't handle the work anymore. Actually glad I get to stay home and have a day like every other day. Trying to get the phone calls in so no one feels an obligation to call. Christmas can get hard for families with children. Still, I loved it back in the day.

Hug your dog for me.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Hug your dog for me.

I sure will liveandlearn, and a merry Christmas to you too! I'll see to send a picture of her to ya if I get to it!

She's getting to that age where she's limping a bit... suspect she may have arthritis... 12 years old! I always get her a present, nobody else does. I mean why not? She's part of the family.

Yes Christmas can get hard for many. I count my blessings everyday and I hope for the best for all. It's sad, many struggle out there. My prayers for all.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Being just a little pregnant; and just a lot repulsed by food...the BEST part of Christmas!

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Being just a little pregnant...

I intend on getting pregnant myself. With a food baby.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm walking to my moms in a bit to try and figure out if we can get anyone together.. my sister is in chicago, my brother is at the beach my other brother is in navy training... lol..

My dad is reasonably close..

We will have familyish time over drinks.

Sort of forgiving the past haha..

Or maybe I end up at a friends house.

In either case I will cheers all of the lovelys on ATS.

Merry Christmas peeps.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Sometimes it's nice to have some smaller Christmas's, makes you appreciate the big ones.

Also sometimes the more intimate gatherings has great conversations. I've learned more about the family when they all aren't there. When everyone is together sometimes it's just a bunch of small talk.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
PC Gaming.
Children bought me some games , wife purchased a Steam gift card , and grandchildren possibly the same.
Good times ahead...

Everyone have a safe , happy , joyful Christmas time and the best to all in the New Year.
And Kwanzaa for those that participate

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Staying home this year. After driving a total of six hours last year we told everyone they know where we are if they want to stop by.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This afternoon my kids are coming for xmas eve dinner,which will be lovely,and for the first time,this year hubby and i have 2 grandbabies to fawn over.They can be a lot of fun,smart lil dudes and very entertaining to watch
Some goodly food and a nice dessert,too,perfect xmas right there.On the 25th i expect me,hubby and our son will just have a lazy day,snacking on what's left from tonight,which is nice too.Merry xmas to you and yours

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Staring at the monitor, or the tv to the side. sober, being 60 days since.

I remember when Christmas actually felt different. Festive, alive, you could feel it in the air. These days I coulnd't tell you if Christmas has come or gone, apart from the random parties up the street, which have become tamer over the years.

61 days as of Christmas 2017. Best present to myself I reckon.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I hope you have twins.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

You should tell your folks to get the old girl some turmeric dog treats. It helps with inflammation on old dogs with old joints. My boy Sam is gonna be thirteen in February and they help him out quite a lot with his old bones.

And Merry Christmas. I plan on drinking lots of eggnog and making a fire outside.
edit on 24-12-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Being just a little pregnant...

I won't ask to be there at the birth!

I'm building a wall , a big , beautiful wall .
It's to stop the infernal soil invading the patio

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I hope you have twins.

I was aiming for quads.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
I won't ask to be there at the birth!

Don't blame you, neither do I, so I'm getting an epidermal.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sounds like an enema would help more ... 😆

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Family and friends.

With the final passing of my parents it's taken a bit for the Christmas spirit to return...it just wasn't quite the same without 'em.

Tonight, while wrapping a few pressies I found myself back where I'd been a few years back. Singin', if you can call what I do singing..., along with various Christmas carols, some of which seemed to mean a little more than before.

Hope every one has a merry holiday of your choice, or just a good Monday.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Sounds like a great present!! Congrats.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The party is over, the dishes done, food put away, all presents are wrapped,.

Having a drink and relaxing.

Finally enjoying the quiet and the tree.

Merry Christmas!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join