It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCabe to retire early next year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

So proud.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fox??? Tells fox news???
Yeah...no.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So proud.

Damn right I’m proud.

I’m proud of the fact that I stuck it out and did the work required to qualify for the benefits I enjoyed then and even more so today. Despite having damn near everyone I knew, outside of work, tell me that I should go get a regular job.

But my pride wasn’t the point.

My point was that it’s not really that uncommon for someone to be eligible for retirement benefits at age 50, provided they had an employer who provides a decent benefits package. Either that or a union where the workers can unite and negotiate for it.

Not to mention, the military. Hell, anyone who enters military service at 18yrs old and makes it their career, should be eligible for full retirement at 48.

I think it’s both ignorant and petty to be suspicious and/or jealous of someone who is eligible and may opt to retire at age 50.

Even worse are those who want to end or eliminate someone else’s benefits just because they themselves won’t be getting any. It’s usually the very same people who’ve spent their adult lives bashing unions and supporting republican policies.

And........it just goes to show what most employers won’t provide if it’s left up to them to decide whether to pocket those profits for themselves/shareholders or to use them to provide benefits for their employees.

If I were Mcabe, I would retire at the earliest possible opportunity. That and I’d probably tell Trump to “kiss my ass” on my way out the door.
edit on 25-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

My pension comes from working at a union job from 1979 to 1991. And I worked as a decorator nights weekends and holidays at the same time. I had a goal to work my ass off while I was young so I could relax when I got older. Now I'm sixty and I don't need that pension but I'll take it because it's due me.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

My pension comes from working at a union job from 1979 to 1991. And I worked as a decorator nights weekends and holidays at the same time. I had a goal to work my ass off while I was young so I could relax when I got older. Now I'm sixty and I don't need that pension but I'll take it because it's due me.

Did you belong to the Decorators Union too?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I earned mine by working as a third generation, union longshoreman in the port of Corpus Christi, Texas from 1973 until 2005. Although my first two years were not full time because I was still in high school. I lied about my age, (something you could get away with back in those days) in order to be able to work my first two years on the waterfront.

I too had side jobs when the work was slow, mostly carpentry. By the time I was done and on top of my regular duties as a longshoreman, I had served 20+ yrs as an elected union official and over 10 yrs as one of eight labor trustees sitting on the Board of Directors of our benefit Trust Funds.

I do however need my pension & healthcare benefits now that I’m retired and I’m both proud and glad as hell that I’ve got it.
edit on 26-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

Fox??? Tells fox news???
Yeah...no.

Another beauty of a post by this person. These posts of yours are so enlightening and full of on-topic, I don't know what to do!!!

Anyhow, I'll get back to the topic at hand, since that what makes ATS great, right? When we stay on topic and discuss what the OP actually posts. Not act like children to put our one-line, off-topic posts which only clutter an otherwise nice thread.

McCabe is being forced out, you can see that from any angle. Nobody leave an otherwise cushy job like this, even after they're illegible for retirement. His career was ended, and not by him. The swamp is starting to drain itself as the swamp is starting to see the writing on the wall. Characters are starting to disappear left and right via everything from broken toes, cancer, my family needs me, etc.

Funny coincidence that they're all starting to disappear now though, all at once isn't it? Or maybe it's not too coincidental at all?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGOAT

Boy, if you think the "swamp" is draining itself, then I know of a Bridge in Brooklyn, you may be interested in. The F.B.I. is a top down controlled bureaucracy, and it's been that way ever since Hoover was put in control to clean it up. If the Trump Train decapitates it's Washington spider web, then the pieces will go back into the corruption, which Dir. Hoover put an end to. I thnk that it's main use is to clean up one Gov't mess, after another, down through the years.

After WWII, Hoover grabbed a bunch of Intel, and counter Intel Ops, which they really should have left completely alone. My guess is that they were so afraid of being shown up, that they can never let go of their Dragon's tail.

IMHO, putting in a second inquisitor to look at Mueller, will only be more of the same. Lopping off the head of their Wash. D.C. command will only beget chaos around the country. Slowly squeezing off their funding at headquarters, may be the answer. Left as a vestigal high command, some future Director may be able to ignore the Gov't's next few panic calls to clean up their screw ups. And then bureaucrats will have to start taking responsibility, or panning things off onto other bureaucrats.

Outfits like the BATFX, don't take too kindly to these capers, but as long as FBI central is willing to cover up DOJ mis-deeds like "Fast and Furious", the other Alphabets have to play along. Getting intelligence away from this wannabe Nat'l Secret Police Service, will at least get things back to where they were in the Coolidge Presidency.

And I'll bet that at the end, they'll be looking back and trying to sell their services to eliminate the White Slavery, and Human Trafficking networks which they were created to do, in the first place. Today, just like the Nazi Party in 1945, they have their fingers into everything. And by 1945, the Nazis had screwed up everything that they had got their hands on.

This jewel came straight from a Luftwaffe General Officer, who defended Hamburg, to the last gasp, against his Allied counterparts. But he was overwhelmed, by the end of the War, and Hamburg was fire bombed in Firestorms equaling those in Dresden. And Hamburg took just as many casualties, in firestorms, as did Dresden. After the war he met one of these Allied counterparts at a cocktail party at Berkeley, of all places. Those two old warriors sat and went through their tactics, in full view of the rest of the party goers. One of these, told me about this meeting about 1957.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join