It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mariah Carey gets second-chance New Year's performance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is brilliant marketing. This will be the most awaited New Year's performance probably of all-time.

Could lightning strike twice? I imagine lots of people will tune in just for this.

I have no doubt Mariah Carey will burn the house down. She's an awesome performer.

abcnews.go.com...

FULL VIDEO OF MARIAH CAREY'S 'MASSIVELY EPIC' PERFORMANCE AT NEW YEAR'S EVE 2017

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Awesome..they could bring back Kathy Griffin too, she could sexually harass Anderson Cooper some more...

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

Yuk, what a total slapper.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe she will have a fashion consultant on board this time.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This whole thing may have been a conspiracy.

First of all, we need a motive. That's simply fame and fortune. Mariah Carrey's botched performance has already been worth millions in free publicity, and it's not over yet. The fact she's getting a second chance is big news, and her next New Year's performance will be big news no matter what happens. The entire story benefits everyone involved in the big picture. I don't think it has hurt Carrey's reputation at all, and it actually helped millions of people to remember that she exists.

Here are some possibilities:

1. Carrey intentionally botched last year's performance. The evidence for that is the fact that she didn't try to sing.

2. Carrey was sabotaged to set up the comeback performance.
edit on 24-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
"This will be the most awaited New Year's performance probably of all-time. "

No. I don't think it will be. Most prior don't care about Mariah Carey, never did, never will. Most people are too busy spending time with friends on New year's not watching some glam Hollywood crap.

Or at least that's how people used to do it when it was worth doing.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
"This will be the most awaited New Year's performance probably of all-time. "

No. I don't think it will be. Most prior don't care about Mariah Carey, never did, never will. Most people are too busy spending time with friends on New year's not watching some glam Hollywood crap.

Or at least that's how people used to do it when it was worth doing.

Let's fact check your post.

"Most prior don't care about Mariah Carey, never did, never will."

Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" annually tops the list of most-streamed holiday songs and is officially the most-downloaded holiday single of all time. According to Tech Times, it’s also the 11th-highest selling single of all time and has earned more than $50 million for Carey and cowriter Walter Afanasieff. It is, bar none, the most enduring modern Christmas “standard” of our time.
people.com...

I think that one example debunks you there. Remember that is just one of her songs.

"Most people are too busy spending time with friends on New year's not watching some glam Hollywood crap."

ABC remained the clear-cut ratings destination for ball-dropping festivities on New Year’s Eve again this year, with more than 35 million viewers watching the Alphabet’s coverage at the magical midnight minute, according to final Nielsen national estimates.

Overall, viewership for the hour surrounding midnight was down a smidge at ABC this year (22.0 million vs. 22.7 million and a 7.1 rating in adults 18-49 vs. a 7.2 a year earlier), according to Nielsen estimates for the 11:30 p.m.-12:39 a.m. portion of the night. But “Rockin’ Eve” crushed its combined NBC-Fox competition by similar margins to the previous year — by 75% in total viewers (22.0 million vs. 12.6 million) and by 58% in adults 18-49 viewers (9.0 million vs. 5.7 million).
variety.com...

You're debunked there.

"Or at least that's how people used to do it when it was worth doing."

Wrong again. Unless you're talking about probably before anyone here was born.

Prior to the premiere of New Year's Rockin' Eve, the most well-known New Year's Eve program was the annual big band remote of bandleader Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians, broadcast from the ballroom of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Guy Lombardo hosted 48 straight New Year's Eve broadcasts on CBS until his death in 1977, beginning on radio in 1928 (and for a period, splitting with NBC Radio following midnight ET), and on CBS Television from 1956 to 1976 (which also featured coverage of the ball drop in Times Square). Lombardo was also well known for his band's performance of the song "Auld Lang Syne" at midnight, which helped make the standard synonymous with the New Year's holiday in North America.[11][12][13]
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
"All I Want For Christmas Is You" is one of the only songs I would call heavenly. It seems to be gaining in popularity.

Mariah Carey's ' All I Want for Christmas is You' reached the number nine spot earlier this week for the first time since its release 23 years ago.
ewn.co.za...

That would have been like an early Beatles' song hitting the top 10 for the first time in my childhood. Unimaginable!

www.youtube.com...

My favorite song by Carey wasn't even released as a single. It's hard to believe the same person sang these songs.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My prediction about this year's performance by Mariah Carey being the "most awaited New Year's performance probably of all-time" is probably true based on all the media coverage I've seen about it.

Anyone else want to watch?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
This is brilliant marketing. This will be the most awaited New Year's performance probably of all-time.

Could lightning strike twice? I imagine lots of people will tune in just for this.

I have no doubt Mariah Carey will burn the house down. She's an awesome performer.

I think I got that prediction exactly right. Mariah Carey sang perfectly. She sounded as good as ever. She looked amazing too. It was a classic performance, and she did it in freezing weather. Her clothing was a great choice. It was classy and suitable for her age.

As a lifelong fan, I had to see this. I'm glad I did.

Legendary performance!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

I agree that she looked good.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

This is a video clip of the second song she sang. This is as perfect a performance as the recorded version! I actually prefer this because it's more emotional. She really did bring the house down. Look at the comments to this video. Everyone is glowing about this and rightfully so.

This is no lip syncing in the freezing cold. That's hard no matter your age.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is a better quality video. This is kind miraculous because she literally sounds like she did at the beginning of her career.

This will get her so much publicity... I stand by my conspiracy theory (see above). This feels like a setup...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join