It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

out of all the things i got my wife for Christmas she likes Myron the best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
of course she does

have you ever seen the drinking bird? they are super cool.
anyway we always do our thing a couple days early. i got her the things she wanted but i decided to throw this in because i knew she would love it.
its funny that it is definitely not about money cause this thing was $6 and she loves it.

i do too.

you would think there would be a company that would put out a bunch of variations of this. the bird with different looks but different animals too.
the pickings are slim out there for drinking birds.

if anyone knows there to get larger ones or other styles besides this bird with the top hat please let me know. i found a site with the same style but different color liquid and feather.

this is just a quick boomerang gif i converted so its not the entire motion

oh yeah. i named him myron
edit on 23-12-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My Lobotomy? Interesting.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I got selfish my b.tch of a wife 2 Michael Buble CDs, a Scan Disk and Jamie Oliver's 5 ingredients book. She has 2 main jobs and is a good "f..king cook", literally. Do you think she will like the presents I have got for her? Wish she was nicer.

That's my Xmas rant.

Be happy and merry Xmas

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Had one real similar to yours maybe 40 years ago believe it or not. Can't recall exactly, but it was pretty cool and way different for the time. Was orange, red beak, seems like the liquid was also orange. But no top hat.

Anyhow, cool.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TinySickTears

My Lobotomy? Interesting.

yeah man.
good book.
i dig memoirs

edit on 23-12-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
.....oh. Myron is a thing.
I was thinking.......

nevermind.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Seems like we had one of those things back in probably the 70's. I think it was yellow. Not sure what it did though... just pivoted up and down near a bowl of water or something .

Does it take the water in and then put it back?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Seems like we had one of those things back in probably the 70's. I think it was yellow. Not sure what it did though... just pivoted up and down near a bowl of water or something .

Does it take the water in and then put it back?

en.wikipedia.org...

The drinking bird is a heat engine that exploits a temperature difference to convert heat energy to a pressure difference within the device, and performs mechanical work. Like all heat engines, the drinking bird works through a thermodynamic cycle. The initial state of the system is a bird with a wet head oriented vertically.

i dig it

new topics

top topics

join