It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Debt Doesn't Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Fiat currency and fractional reserve banking are completely separate things. You can have both together or either one without the other.

It's a good idea to have a basic understanding of economics, finance and history before believing every crack pot theory bout the federal reserve.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

In my case 4 years studying economics and about twenty years working in financial service is my source.

It's s wide subject but will happily answer any questions and try and provide a source to any specific queries.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Fiat currency and fractional reserve banking are completely separate things. You can have both together or either one without the other.

It's a good idea to have a basic understanding of economics, finance and history before believing every crack pot theory bout the federal reserve.

Yes they are separate, but both are an integral part of what makes both work today, or not work.

The federal reserve doesn't hide, any of the facts presented here and are easy to validate.

Here's a helpful understanding on Fractional Reserves coupled with Fiat.

edit on 23-12-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Agreed, there has been a slow decline to the nanny-state we've grown to accept. How dare we trade liberty for security.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
And not they are not separate both an integral part of what makes both work today, or not work.

Huh? Did you just make that up? How did the Chinese have a fiat currency 1,000 years ago without the United States Federal Reserve? How did Native Americans have fiat currency without the same?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes they are separate, but both are an integral part of what makes both work today, or not work.

Hmm crack pot theory, what's interesting about your comment is the federal reserve doesn't hide, any of the facts presented today are easy to validate, if one has had basis economic in school.

Here's a helpful understanding on Fractional Reserves coupled with Fiat.

Your source is an advert for buying gold.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And not they are not separate both an integral part of what makes both work today, or not work.

Huh? Did you just make that up? How did the Chinese have a fiat currency 1,000 years ago without the United States Federal Reserve? How did Native Americans have fiat currency without the same?

Typo I corrected it. Have a migraine right now. lol

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Figures.

Once I reclaim my ALL CAPS birth certificate I'm using that money to buy gold.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It's not about the advert, but the content in front of it. I'm not here to recommend a solution, or what people should, or should not invest in.
edit on 23-12-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Any fool can google FIAT money in a matter of seconds.

Then why didn't you?

The point is that folks are being royally reamed, and that should be a red-flag to any of us.

Deflecting those concepts, into: "Well, I'm doing fine", was all you needed to write.

Can you use your sharp mind to acknowledge the problem, and look for solutions, or not?

Reamed how? No one makes you borrow money or become indebted. If you don't understand how these things work it's not society's issue to educate you.

You still haven't effectively answered the question. The guy above you, Bulwarkz, wants to revert to some sort of bartering system where you are also unable to commoditize your real estate because he's sold on some freeman on the land scam but at least he gave an answer. Poor as it was.

Sometimes focusing down on details, ends-up distorting the larger picture.
The point is not the textbook definition of FIAT, anymore than it is the story of one individual doing just foxing dandy.

It's not about you, and it's not about me.
It's not about the folks who have manged to stave-off the lions, and are doing alright, by perhaps even unknowingly compensating for the skimmers of society.
It is about entities, exerting control over, and causing duress upon weaker folks.

The first way we help is by talking about it, and not denying it.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It is about entities, exerting control over, and causing duress upon weaker folks.

No argument here on that comment.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The point is not the textbook definition of FIAT, anymore than it is the story of one individual doing just foxing dandy.

It's not about the folks who have manged to stave-off the lions, and are doing alright, by perhaps even unknowingly compensating for the skimmers of society.

That's nice.

What do you want to replace it with? Be detailed.

edit on 23-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

In my case 4 years studying economics and about twenty years working in financial service is my source.

It's s wide subject but will happily answer any questions and try and provide a source to any specific queries.

That's very generous of you. Thanks!

Do you see any potential, or viable alternatives, to having privately-controlled central banks?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Snakeoil. Tastes good in the way in but burns like hell on the way back out again.

I'm truly baffled how people can be taken in by such obvious bull.

He simply pointed to uber corrupt parasitical fiat money printing. From there the onus is upon you to show where a fiat money can work. Wanna try explaining quantative easing, devaluing spending power, manipulated markets for the rich like commercial real estate?
This has no value to me. I only want something non exploitable that has a FAIR representation for my time, services and product without compound interest attached. And it isn't usury i can assure you. Usury benefits only the lender. Fiat is usury under a madern scheme
A bad combination of legitimate desperation, poor education and deep desire to explain why their life hasn't turned out quite how they thought it would.

I love my life. I only want to rid the parasitical infection that wants to keep me from having it all. I want more! I am not content with the morsels aloted to md and i do refuse becoming a parasite myself. I love going to bed tired from a hard days work knowing i performed well that day. I try not to lie cheat or steal from others. I only want what i earn!
And that not only makes me happy but joyful at times.

I spent my life looking for win-win deals. Game theory for the most part was seen as only a zer sum game. Imo this is where we can exercise true evolution of the species, through mind rather than might. Zer sum game theory is the reason if not the cause of all wars, or the belief in it anyways.
But John Nash talked about prisoners dilemna. See, Nash recognized the upside down system we have in it being a debt system. He actually saw past it with prisoners dilemna. There is huge gains in cooperation. We recognize each other. It is part of being professional.

In this day and age where societies sociopaths now migrated to banking and high finance where business is nothing but a zero sum game

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That's nice.

What do you want to replace it with? Be detailed.

Thanks. It's not about details.
Don't have a solution to propose, and don't have details to be focused-on and picked-apart.

It might be wise to ponder options, rather than make straight-out proposals.
But first: Do we have a problem with some entities profiting from the sweat of another, or not?

Small local companies seem fine, as we see them as job creators.
When does it become "wrong"? At what point does it turn into "abuse"?
Or do we not have a problem?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Don't have a solution to propose, and don't have details to be focused-on and picked-apart.

Gotcha. It's more of a rant then.

Do we have a problem with some entities profiting from the sweat of another, or not?

Not enough detail. Who are the 'entities' profiting? What is the method of their profit? Are the people they are profiting from being compensated in any manner?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

He simply pointed to uber corrupt parasitical fiat money printing. From there the onus is upon you to show where a fiat money can work.

Fiat money has worked for a millennia.

Wanna try explaining quantative easing, devaluing spending power, manipulated markets for the rich like commercial real estate?

Do you realize that fiat currency and all of those other items can be mutually exclusive?

I only want something non exploitable that has a FAIR representation for my time, services and product without compound interest attached.

So when you get paid in dollars and then redeem those dollars for goods and services are you not getting a fair reorientation of your time? If not, how so?

I love my life. I only want to rid the parasitical infection that wants to keep me from having it all. I want more! I am not content with the morsels aloted to md and i do refuse becoming a parasite myself. I love going to bed tired from a hard days work knowing i performed well that day. I try not to lie cheat or steal from others. I only want what i earn!

How are you being held back by this alleged infection?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

That's very generous of you. Thanks!

Do you see any potential, or viable alternatives, to having privately-controlled central banks?
Private central bank in the US is only a little over a century old. Our dollar has a spending value today compared to then, is infinitesimal considering the value of a days wage. Our most prosperous days were under the Treasury control, not the central bank. Are you trying to say that we are so much dumber today that we have to accept it, we cannot think like men used to? This is the only way huh? The money, all the money for those that practice money magic, death and servitude for the 90% of the stupid dumb masses who only want fair wages for a fair days work
edit on 23-12-2017 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Private central bank in the US is only a little over a century old.

Try again. The First Bank of the United States was similar to the Federal Reserve with public and private ownership.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Private central bank in the US is only a little over a century old.

Try again. The First Bank of the United States was similar to the Federal Reserve with public and private ownership.
what do you mean, try again. This system that is corrupt is your champion. F yeah we will try again. This 100 year experiment failed us all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join