It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hummer Not Meeting Your Needs? Try a $750,000 Bad Boy Heavy Muscle Truck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
For the bigger is better crowd or if you are trying to upstage your neighbors H1 Hummer, Homeland Defense Vehicles LLC and its division Bad Boy Trucks has a vehicle for you. Called the "Bad Boy Heavy Muscle Truck" can tow 6 tons, ford five feet or water, and drive with a quarter size hole in it tires. The fully loaded version offers an overpressure system to protect against nuclear or biological contamination.

news.yahoo.com
JASPER, Texas - For some drivers, even a Hummer may not be enough. At a curb weight of more than 3.5 tons, the Humvee-inspired Hummer H1 is no skinny guy who gets sand kicked in his face. But the Bad Boy Heavy Muscle Truck, a dressed-up military vehicle more than twice as heavy, is being billed as bigger, badder and more bodacious.

"It's the rugged Bubba," said Daniel Ayres, president and CEO of Homeland Defense Vehicles LLC and its division Bad Boy Trucks.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What can you say but nothing succeeds like excess. Figure 1-2 miles per gallon in that beast which can be ordered with a fully bulletproof cab. But then again, if you can afford the initial price tag, then why worry about 3,4,even 5 dollars a gallon for diesel.

Related News Links:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
LOL the only thing it won't pass on the road is a gas station.

I would rather have this

Daimler-Chrysler recently unveiled the Jeep Hurricane

How about putting two HEMIs in a Jeep?
static.howstuffworks.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 14/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I checked out thier website;

Options include a 6 Kw generator

Oh and under light payload its 58 gallon tank gets you 400 miles. The NBC system also has an optional detection system as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't see why they want to compare it to a Hummer, I mean the Hummer is more car / jeep, and this thing is a 5 ton truck good for construction and the like? it does have some cool toys on it though.

[edit on 14/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I don't see why they want to compare it to a Hummer, I mean the Hummer is more car / jeep, and this thing is a 5 ton truck good for construction and the like?

I really think they are trying to market it as the personal vehicle etc. If I was ultra wealthy like say Ted Turned and had a huge ranch, I would buy one to cruise around in. In the Western US and AUstralia's outback it would be an very practical vehicle to say the least.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
LOL I took it as the latest American SUV

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Give me an army surplus deuce and a half. If we are talking ampibious operations I will take a surplus Gamma Goat.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Why not just get a Mack truck

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by itmg

To my knowldge, you cannot get a 6 Kw generator nor can you get a NBC system on a Mack. Its also pure MilSpec with creature comforts so I suspect its way over engineered and tough as nails. Not that Mack is not, but this truck is built to overkill specs I suspect.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Or try one of these on for size

www.internationaldelivers.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by itmg

I had two, the 6 wheeler had 900000 miles on it and the 10 had almost 1.5 million. I sold them a few years back and both still work today. America was built on the back of a Mack.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehamsamiam
Or try one of these on for size

www.internationaldelivers.com...

God that is ugly - I would prefer a jap ute to one of those anyday, I bet it costs 10 times more than a hilux as well...

new topics

top topics

join