It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: US agrees to provide lethal weapons to Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Gotta love that US arms export policy.

First the House of Saud, now Nazi Ukraine.

Difference is the House of Saud can actually pay.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Syria - invited in and approved by the Assad government so long as ISIS is the main target. Afghanistan - Article V of NATO invoked when the US was attacked and Afghanistan refused to turn over Bin Laden to the US. Iraq - You finally got one although Iraq was in violation of a lot of UNSC resolutions.

Stop making stuff up. You are good at that.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: decr422o
Russia never accepted Khruschev's transfer of Crimea from Russia to Ukraine in 1954 as a gift. Russians had been planning on taking back Crimea for 60 years before they finally did it. Even if millions of Russians die in war, they will never give up Crimea.

Actually Russia did in the Budapest agreement when Russia recognized the borders of Ukraine, which included Crimea as a part of Ukraine. That agreement was signed in 1994, several years after the USSR collapsed.

Russians never recognized Crimea as Ukrainian land. Russians consider Khruschev's transfer of Crimea from Russia to Ukraine in 1954 to be an illegal move.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I thought Trump and Putin were buddies

What makes you think so? When did Trump say he is buddy with Putin?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I wonder what Putin is up to? Did he pull the wrong string?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Putin has no power on Trump. Christopher Steele's dossier is fake.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gospeloft

originally posted by: UKTruth

Putin has no power on Trump. Christopher Steele's dossier is fake.

No, haven't you heard? Putin is behind everything. I heard it on CNN and it was repeated here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: bjarneorn

As for promoting conflict please explain how the 2 regions in Ukraine under Russian occupation managed to field an army with tanks and artillery larger than some European armies?

The weapons level the playing field allowing Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression.

If I were the Russians, I'd have done far worse,believe me. So, I have absolutely zero consideration for the Ukranians. We have previously helped Yougoslavia separate, and now we are seing problems in Spain, concerning seperation. And you think, Ukraine has a right to bulldoze seperatists in Ukraine .. hell no, no more than then spain has the right to bulldoze them in Kadalonia. And we stole land from Serbs, to give to Albanians ... and thats a fact.

Point is, we´re in a # load of problems here. We are not right, on this issue ... and yeah, the Russians are # ... but they´ve got a point.

If I were Putin, I wouldn't be discussing this, I'd be talking with my nukes ... so Putin is a good guy, a whoos, who thinks he can sweet talk the US and EU. He'll lose, in the end.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gospeloft

originally posted by: decr422o
Russia never accepted Khruschev's transfer of Crimea from Russia to Ukraine in 1954 as a gift. Russians had been planning on taking back Crimea for 60 years before they finally did it. Even if millions of Russians die in war, they will never give up Crimea.

Actually Russia did in the Budapest agreement when Russia recognized the borders of Ukraine, which included Crimea as a part of Ukraine. That agreement was signed in 1994, several years after the USSR collapsed.

Russians never recognized Crimea as Ukrainian land. Russians consider Khruschev's transfer of Crimea from Russia to Ukraine in 1954 to be an illegal move.

Again, they did in the Budapest agreement.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Syria - invited in and approved by the Assad government so long as ISIS is the main target. Afghanistan - Article V of NATO invoked when the US was attacked and Afghanistan refused to turn over Bin Laden to the US. Iraq - You finally got one although Iraq was in violation of a lot of UNSC resolutions.

Stop making stuff up. You are good at that.

Which one of those facts are you confused on?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Again, they did in the Budapest agreement.

No, they didn't ... this is like your arguments that Ukranians don't hate Russians, a load of nonesense. Yeah, right ... we here in the west have no "anti-russian" sentiment. Sure. McCarthy didn't really exist ... he's just like Santa Clause.

If I were Putin, I'd talk with my nukes ...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Russia had / has a very big military base there so no invasion happened.

On planet earth, an invasion is considered to have happened when someone's territory is taken by a belligerent. In this case Russia forcibly took Crimea using their military; in other words Russia invaded Crimea. Trying to explain it away as some other act is crass revisionism.

The Russian supported separatists operating in Eastern Ukraine are a constant threat to Ukrainian stability. It was only a matter of time before the beleaguered Ukrainians were given kit to help tackle the separatists. Noting that there is overwhelming evidence that these violent separatists are directly supported by Russia.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

By taking back Ukraine's juicy bits Moscow has just got back things that were taken from it when it shpuldn't have let them go. Us Brits do the same, we relinquished much of our Empire, but we kept the strategic bases like Gibraltar and Cyprus. Russia has just done the same.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

They did.

Read the agreement.

It is interesting to watch Russia get stymied by a country that for all intense and purposes Russia should have been able to roll over. Says a lot about Russia and just how bad things really are for them.

Russia has a bad habit of ignoring history and it always bites them in the ass.
edit on 24-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That's absolute rubbish. You cannot compare Russian invasion of Crimea to Gibraltar, or even Sovereign bases. Crimea was not "unjustly given away", it was part of Ukraine when the Soviet Union fell to pieces. If you want a parallel, then how about England (now the UK) invading Normandy and saying "well, it was ours once".

Russian belligerence cannot be excused, otherwise who next?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Normandy is not a comparison, we had that a thousand years ago. Moscow had Sevastopol 20 years ago. If there hadn't been a western orchestrated coup in Ukraine then there would have been no need to take back Sevastopol and Donbas regions as they were within Moscow's control. By stealing Ukraine from Moscow then the west asked for it when Russia's moves into its former domains happened. NATO/West just can't help itself when it comes to pushing up against Russia. Moscow has every right to defend itself before NATO takes over more of its area of influence. Sevastopol and Donbas are strategic to Moscow just like Gibraltar and Cyprus are to London as both countries have militaries that are not only defensive (like the Austrians or Belgians) but have global offensive capabilities. It's exactly the same.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Which one of those facts are you confused on

I dont play those games with you anymore. You make too much stuff up.

Happy day to you.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Which one of those facts are you confused on

I dont play those games with you anymore. You make too much stuff up.

Happy day to you.

So you cant support your position... not surprising since no Russian apologists can seem to support their false claims..
edit on 24-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

So you cant support your position... not surprising since no Russian apologists can seem to support their false claims

Keep you xenephobia if you need to. It makes you happy and makes you feel secure and worthy inside. Really boring with the Russian stuff. Be more creative.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

So the Ukrainian people have no right to self-determination? They are the ones that wanted closer ties with the EU. And then when their leader sold the out to the Russians they rose up in defiance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join