It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions about a certain day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Why were stunt mat air bags not used around the base of the towers, and why was there no rescue helicopters or a serious rescue attempt at all.
I mean, C'mon this is American. I saw plenty of news helicopters getting footage, its like thats all they were interested in day.
So many people that died that day in those towers may have been saved if governments acted properly and systems were put in place. if i had to work in a high tower, i would want a damn parachute handy just saying,but seriously what happened that day?
edit on 22122017 by dan121212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212
Why were stunt mat air bags not used around the base of the towers, and why was there no rescue helicopters or a serious rescue attempt at all.
I mean, C'mon this is American. I saw plenty of news helicopters getting footage, its like thats all they were interested in day.
So many people that died that day in those towers may have been saved if governments acted properly and systems were put in place. if i had to work in a high tower, i would want a damn parachute handy just saying,but seriously what happened that day?

is this the example of a lack of logic and common sense you want explained?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The more drama the better the result. Google "9/11 purim children" is everything you need to know about 9/11.

Remember the USS Liberty!

edit on 22-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The more drama the better the result. Google "9/11 purim children" is everything you need to know about 9/11.

Remember the USS Liberty!

read more closely. the irony is in thinking u can have air bags out below a building that has falling burning debris. whats illogical is thinking that a heli can get in next to a building when theres major air currents and drafts being whipped up by the fires. on top of that forgetting that a majority of air traffic was grounded due to the worry of more planes hitting buildings etc etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The doors to the roof were reportedly locked on at least one of the towers and the updrafts and smoke from the fires made rooftop landings extremely hazardous.

Rather than saving people from the roof they should have told them to evacuate after the first plane hit. Sending people back to work before the 2nd tower was hit was a death sentence for many of the victims.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dan121212

That you're asking questions is great. Really.
Just know the whole 911 is a deep dark hole.
God bless you for looking into what most would rather not even contemplate.
Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Everyone just sat back, watched people fall & splat on the ground, i'm sorry, but i think i would of thought i could of broken a few of there falls somehow, if i was there, but ofc that wouldn't of been possible due to it being closed to the public, so i couldn't of, but there were firefighters etc all at hand. It's like everyone just stopped thinking.
The footage i saw was exactly that, fire services, rescue services etc sitting back not really doing much but watching and reacting to it.
No one knew the towers would fall, falling debris yeah but i don't think it was falling in every direction meaning some rescue attempts could have been made. I'm not really doing this justice tho, just saying many options must of been available to save at least a few people that day. Was there any escape/rescue procedures and such for this possibility in the first place, because all i saw was chaos, no organization.
Did they not expect people to be forced out the windows and they might need to be saved from hitting the floor?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
But it's 4am here, just had a messed up dream and this formed apart of it. lol

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Did they not expect people to be forced out the windows and they might need to be saved from hitting the floor?

How do you save someone travelling straight down at ~140mph from hitting the floor?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well its NYC, not LA. I doubt they just had a bunch of them laying around to deploy. Not to mention the logistics of actually getting them there, and then deployment. The buildings would have fallen already before they even started inflating.

Was the capacity there? Im guessing there were some in NYC somewhere that day. However, there NEVER would have been enough time to even get them there, let alone to deploy in any capacity to actually save people.

Helicopter props also do not exactly sit flush against the side of a building. Extraction from above would have been limited to one or two at a time regardless of the chopper capacity. Group lifts arent really a thing. Have you seen them? I have not.

There just was not enough time to evacuate and rescue enough people before the controlled demolition went into effect.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

But they didn't expect the towers to fall

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Plus, the towers were each over 1,300 ft tall and supposedly had maximum capacities in the tens of thousands. What kind of air bags exist that can handle those logistics?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

so no escape/rescue procedures for people falling out of windows that high or lower, thanks (not everyone fell from the top)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I understand 9/11 is pretty much swept under the rug already

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Long fireman's poles would have come in handy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Long fireman's poles would have come in handy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Whether there was an expectation that they would fall or not was irrelevant. Even if the plan went into motion from the moment the first plane hit, the inflatables would not even had made it to the site on time. The controlled demolition occurred too fast. EMS workers were still just showing up from around the area by the time the unthinkable happened.

I was in ninth grade Lit class when it went down. I thought it was a movie day or something. Imagine my horror when that tower went down literally on live TV so soon after impact. Forget imagining it, you probably recall it yourself. I can't think of anybody in the world who did not except anti-American jackasses.

Dude, it happened too fast. Its a nice thought to wish something could have been done to rescue more, but it just could not have been done in practice even had it all went into motion from the second after impact.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It's not like people were falling out of the 2nd floor, either. The 1st plane damaged the 93th through the 99th floors of one tower, while the 2nd plane damaged the 75th through 85th floors of the other tower.

If we're talking about people on those floors or above, then what airbags existed in 2001 that could've helped them? There would've been thousands of people at those heights in the towers, not to mention the debris and shrapnel that would've been falling alongside any people who were jumping. What airbags would've survived that?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What if someone told them to jump with an assurance of a safe landing?

Sick thought I know but after what we saw that day, nothing would surprise me...

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

But it's 4am here, just had a messed up dream and this formed apart of it. lol

Wouldn't that classify as a nightmare?

The real question to ask, is that the UN building is in New York. There is a "paper" claiming that the US has 24/7 defence against any air threat, for that building. Scrambling time, is no more than 10-15 minutes.

This day, one day in history ... the United Nations building was defenceless ... and you can only come to one conclusion, concerning that. And that is, that the US government KNEW, the UN was never under a threat.

SO, it's a betrayal ... and it is all we need to know. Anything else, is just argueing nonsense with religious fanatics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join