It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The chicken obviously came first.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Looking at it 2 ways: Evolutionary and creationism it is obviouse the chicken came first.

Creationism: It sais God created the birds not the egg

Evolution is a bit more complicated: For something to evolve it has to mutate and pass on its genes. Whatever evolved into the chicken had the mutation first and became a chicken then passed on the chicken genes.

There I solved the age old question.

I dare any1 to challenge this.

Dam I really have nothing to do if im talking about chickens.
I should go:w:

[edit on 14/2/05 by Croat56]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Technically it depends on whether you're asking if the egg, or the chicken egg came first.

If the former, then most certainly the egg came first, at least from a non-Creationist viewpoint. Many creatures in Earth's past were egg-laying prior to the appearance of the chicken.

If you mean specifically a chicken's egg, then your analysis is correct, as there could not be a chicken's egg without a chicken to lay it...before that it would be something like a mutated-proto-chicken's egg.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Technically it depends on whether you're asking if the egg, or the chicken egg came first.

I guess I should have made that clear. I meant the chicken egg.

So im right. Ha

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I dare any1 to challenge this.

Dare taken. I'm sorry, but it is obvious that it was the egg. You see, all birds evolved originally from pre-historic reptiles. They evolved very slowly over I don't know, many hundreds of thousands of years or so.

So, as they were slowley changing, there had to be that first generation bird, that was probably part reptile, part bird. It though, HAD to come out of an egg.

As the evolution continued on, the birds became more and more distinctly different from the reptiles. As the bird was apparently beginning to establish itself in the world, different species evolved. One of them was what is known today as the chicken.

But, that first chicken had to have been hatched from an EGG! See, it's obvious!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
the chicken came first and it had an egg in it, so wait that would mean that the chicken and the egg both came at the same time.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The chicken came first.

Just ask him.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Croat is right in an evolutionary since, if you went back far enough to a time when only microbial life existed, they did not lay eggs, they split into 2, so therfore the chicken did indeed come first as Croat sataed.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
a time when only microbial life existed, they did not lay eggs, they split into 2, so therfore the chicken did indeed come first as Croat sataed.

Chickens are obviously much more highly evolved than microbial life. Therefore, there is no point in going back to a time when only microbial life existed, when speaking of chickens.

They didn't come into existence until much, much later, when eventually, the first one did indeed hatch from an EGG!

Odd

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The chicken came first.

Just ask him.

this was the funniest thing i've read all day....

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Which one was Cooked first?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
the chicken came first and it had an egg in it, so wait that would mean that the chicken and the egg both came at the same time.

but then technically the chicken was first because it would have had to lay the egg aftarwards.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
Which one was Cooked first?

The egg because breakfast comes b4 dinner

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The chicken came first.

Just ask him.

I think some folks didn't get it, allow me to elaborate dgtempe -

A chicken and an egg are laying in bed.
The chicken lights a cigarette and says, "now that we solved that mystery, what's next?"

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The egg came first! Some lizard had a freak kid and hey presto chickens.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It actually is the egg

I had to help Reikuro work on this last year for a science thing

if I remember correctly there was a form of bird sorta lika a chicken that mated with another bird and presto out popped the egg which became a chicken

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I thought birds evolved from dinosaurs so should dinos have come first and then they mutated into a chicken, then that chicken had an egg.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Looking at it 2 ways: Evolutionary and creationism it is obviouse the chicken came first.

yeah, I think chicken came first too

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo

Originally posted by Croat56

yeah, I think chicken came first too

Good to have your support

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Chickens first! and I am sticken to dat! But I do like the IDEA that the chicken had an egg in it at the time.......but the chicken was first THEN it laid the egg.

mmmmmm
and eggs!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

The chicken came first.

Just ask him.

I think some folks didn't get it, allow me to elaborate dgtempe -

A chicken and an egg are laying in bed.
The chicken lights a cigarette and says, "now that we solved that mystery, what's next?"

I still dont get it ??????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join