It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other ways to spend 1.5 trillion dollars other than giving it to the top 1 percent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There are lots of ways to spend 1.5 trillion dollars. Some of these ways put money in consumer's pockets which just gets spent and returns back to the top 1 percent anyway through commerce.

Here's a list:

* Free college: $600 billion over 10 years

* Erase student debt: $1.4 trillion

* Universal preschool: $406 billion over 10 years

* Repair American infrastructure: $1.1 trillion for roads and bridges, $962 billion for everything else

* Universal housing vouchers: $410 billion over 10 years

* 107 years of children’s health insurance funding: $1.5 trillion

* Fight global warming and natural disasters (and bail out Puerto Rico): $1.5 trillion

* Build 15 new space stations: $100 billion apiece

Just giving 1.5 trillion to the top 1 percent is probably more efficient. But having more commerce would have been nice.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I guess I'm missing your point. He gave it to working people . Take your extra cash and put wherever you want??? It's your money not the governments.

a reply to: dfnj2015

To add I'm confused that people don't think they can do what they want to with the money. It's your MONEY!!
edit on 22-12-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Not stealing my money is not the same as giving me money.

If you are mad about taxes be mad about how they spend the money they already take. They don't need to take more. They need to spend more wisely.
And they never will.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I guess I'm missing your point. He gave it to working people . Take your extra cash and put wherever you want??? It's your money not the governments.

I did not print the money. It's government money.

Taxes are what allows the government to build a commonwealth. If you want to get rid of taxes then have a Constitutional convention.

Having money and commerce is what allows people to live descent quality of life. The top 1% just squirrel money away. They never spend it. So giving the money to the top 1% does nothing for commerce. But getting money into consumers hands makes everyone happy including the top 1%.

edit on 22-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You really , really need to show how you obtained those numbers.
Start with the 1.5 trillion dollars going to the 1% . Then expand through the list.
Especially why the funds should go to erasing student debt. You did know that colleges are private institutions , right ?
Do you often open credit cards knowing if you can't pay the bill the government will ?
And , just like any other "loan" , the Federal government is not responsible .
The person is.
Period .
So , you have some work cut out for you on this thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How did anyone miss the point in the op ?

They think they can spend someone elses money better than the people that earned it.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You have sorta missed a major point. Its not your fault. It isn't discussed anywhere much in either MSM or the alternative media.

The point is that at the end of the day, the US is presently insolvent. Those are all nice spending ideas, but.......in the end throwing all that money into those projects may feel good, but the great likelihood is they'll never get finished.

See: www.theamericanconservative.com...

According to the U.S. Debt Clock, we’re at nearly $21 trillion in debt, and the number increases so quickly that seizures might very well result.

As Tom Woods and all sensible economists have recently claimed, the United States of America is simply insolvent. The only shocking thing is that no one in the mainstream media or financial institutions seems to care.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So you're saying that one of those things was going to happen before this tax cut?
Which one that was scheduled to happen is getting the ax?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They think they can spend someone elses money better than the people that earned it.

You can speak to me directly. Having money and commerce is what allows people to live descent quality of life. The top 1% just squirrel money away. They never spend it. So giving the money to the top 1% does nothing for commerce. But getting money into consumers hands makes everyone happy including the top 1%.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So you're saying that one of those things was going to happen before this tax cut?

No, I did not say any of those were going to happen. Are you brain damaged?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: neo96

You can speak to me directly. Having money and commerce is what allows people to live descent quality of life. The top 1% just squirrel money away. They never spend it. So giving the money to the top 1% does nothing for commerce. But getting money into consumers hands makes everyone happy including the top 1%.

It is absolutely untrue the top 1% don't spend money.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

So what ?

They do have that 14th amendment RIGHT.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

You have sorta missed a major point. Its not your fault. It isn't discussed anywhere much in either MSM or the alternative media.

The point is that at the end of the day, the US is presently insolvent. Those are all nice spending ideas, but.......in the end throwing all that money into those projects may feel good, but the great likelihood is they'll never get finished.

I'm not missing point. If you are going to spend 1.5 trillion dollars you are going to spend 1.5 trillion dollars. Debt is debt it doesn't matter how you spend it. I was just point out other ways to spend 1.5 trillion dollars. That's ALL I was saying.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No, I did not say any of those were going to happen. Are you brain damaged?

Not brain damaged.
But reading this thread did kill a few brain cells.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It's their money to begin with. Why the hate???? You act like someone is stealing your money when it is you stealing their money.
edit on 22-12-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's not your money folks. You keep electing people who pretend to be coservarives and don't call them out. You focus on the Democrats when it's the Republicans that are the problem.

If they can't balance a budget or freeze spending you owe the money to pay the bills.

Plain and simple.

If people vote Democrat they want larger government so they get what they want. It works in some states. Like Massachusetts where they take a lot less federal money than many red states.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Everything you just listed would benefit the 1% you are so determined to keep money from.

Schools? - Corporations.
Student loans? - Banks, aka Corporations.
Infrastructure repair? - Construction done by...you guessed it a Corporation.
Housing vouchers? - The money goes to the Corporation that owns the housing.
Health insurance? - Money goes the the insuring Corporation.
Global warming and natural disasters? Does money stop hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, floods, etc...?
Space stations? - Who will build them? I'll let you figure this one out.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The US is outrageously in debt and continues to increase that debt as we speak.

This administration's answer to that dilemma is tax cuts.

At the same time, this administration wants to go back to the moon, build a giant wall, as well as update and increase the military.

Dumb and Dumber.

edit on 22-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Build the wall and save 13 BILLION a year to pay for other things. It's a business investment for my grandkids future. Get it??

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You aren't 'giving' the 1% anything you just aren't taking it from them.

There is a difference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join