It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything you place importance above your precious tax money.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

In a word: no. I need more of my money to take care of myself. I don’t get anything from the government nor do I want anything from them. I pay over $1400 a month I’m taxes and I’m not even upper middle class. America first. I do not care who thinks I’m callous.
edit on 23-12-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

You don’t get to keep this tax cut permanently. They will go up again in a couple years. And you still can’t do your taxes on a post card.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Oh. Well then. Let’s just give all my money away then. Because I’d rather have nothing at all than something

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

In the case of self defense the dying perpetrator chose to engage in the behavior that led to their death

In the case of the fetus they arent making the choice. That is what makes it outright murder.

Im not arguing with you. So dont take it that way. Nor am i discussing on behalf of my own viewpoints as i have some internal conflict myself, and choose to not have too much opinion for now.

Eta.....i guess a better question to ask is, would you be ok with an exception being made where someone could choose to have you killed because you are a bad memory for them?
edit on 12/23/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You don’t get to keep this tax cut permanently. They will go up again in a couple years. And you still can’t do your taxes on a post card.

Yep they will go up if congress doesn't vote to keep them.

The dems get a second chance to vote for tax breaks.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: dfnj2015

Go figure.

We've spent 22 trillion on the war on poverty, and have absolutely NOTHING to show for it other than a populace more broke, and dependent upon the state for their existence than in this entire nations history.

Money for nothing and GMO food for free.

So, just like the military and their wars.
The world is no safer a place when we started and we are broke from it.
I'm glad you agree we need to end the wars and bring up troops home from the 500 bases out there.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You are expecting the dens to win in 2018 and 2020?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Lol. Yep Americans have become little doggies fighting other little dogggies for scraps. But the master, big men all, are happy.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Good points. I would only add that ...when talking about multiple intelligence agencies. We get more middle management and Admin costs that would be cut out with less agencies. And maybe we do need more than two, but at some point, these agencies are many times doing the same thing as each other.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
as a veteran, every time I have ever paid my taxes I felt good because it was another way ( besides my military service)that I could support the country that I love.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Its entirely likely that both military service and paying taxes does nothing more than fuel the fois gras train into the mouths of elected and unelected officials (including military brass).

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
But the example I’m going to use is one I’d never have thought I’d hear...
The case of the refugee rape victims who were refused an abortion because it was “for the best”...

You talking about the pregnant Mexican girl who entered the country legally and once caught demanded an abortion while in detention? I'm not sure that refugee, rape and victim(s) has anything to do with her, but hey it sounds good to trigger people.

So back to the example...
I’m pretty shocked that people would REEEE about their tax money being spent to help rape victims... refugee or not...

She was 15 weeks pregnant when she entered... She says she was raped, was she? Who knows, maybe she was working the bars in Tijuana, or a boy friend knocked her up...doesn't matter.

You need a program with money to pay for anything...So what program is there to do this?

Is there anything you put above your precious tax money?

I don't see where tax money is even remotely related to your point here., but anyhow, one thing more important is less Government spending...hows that..

As to this young woman, maybe you can sponsor her since you are such a good person...

edit on 23-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don`t understand any of that, I`m just saying the country can`t survive without money,and to quote JFK, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what YOU can do for YOUR country" because with out "America" many americans would just be dead men and dead women walking.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You know that term "way out in left field"? Well you're sure as # coming from alot further out than that. What the heck man?

Where did this topic come from?

Who are you blaming?

I don't want to pay for any abortion. I'd rather pay for her to receive food, shelter, and comfort while finding the jackass rapist and making sure his junk gets cut off. If the rapist is an immigrant, we can ship him and his junk separately back to where the # he comes from.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I've been paying my "precious tax money" all my adult life, and what has it gotten me/us?

A corrupt government that cannot effectively spend that tax windfall. Daily rising national debt, and a huge national deficit. When they can live within their means, and we get a handle on things like welfare abuse, and intentionally bloated military spending, we can maybe talk about more taxes.

Until then, I'll be happy having some more of MY money back in MY hands to do with as I see fit.

When we have term limits to rid ourselves of corrupt lifetime politicians, then we can get a handle on the corruption that is obviously rampant in Congress.
edit on 25-12-2017 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

I also think it's frustrating they are using rape as an excuse to RAPE our wallets.

Money is given to you and money is taken from you. Stop beefing..

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

a reply to: DBCowboy

I also think it's frustrating they are using rape as an excuse to RAPE our wallets.

Money is given to you and money is taken from you. Stop beefing..

For most of us, money isn't given, it is earned. It is taken from all that have it.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

For most of us, money isn't given, it is earned. It is taken from all that have it.

No its an illusion that it is earned. Earned from who or what. Doing a micky mouse job and earning micky mouse money is not really earning anything. Its the ilusion that keeps you on the treadmill

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I could list a myriad of examples as to why I ask this question, ranging from healthcare, to education, to basically any other issue revolving around a beneficial use towards a more prosperous society, or even beneficial use in assistance towards individuals for whatever reason.

But the example I’m going to use is one I’d never have thought I’d hear...
The case of the refugee rape victims who were refused an abortion because it was “for the best”...

I mean, I get it folks, I think there is tonnes of things taxes could be used more frugally, or even shouldn’t be used for at all...
That’s applicable to everyone I think, we don’t always find common ground on our limits, but our common ground is that we do all have limits overall.

So back to the example...
I’m pretty shocked that people would REEEE about their tax money being spent to help rape victims... refugee or not...
It’s not like it’s going to become an epidemic.
Also I’m not quite sure of the figures involved, but I don’t think abortions even cost that much money... you may correct me on that if you have seen data saying different.

So what would possess someone to be so, I want to say selfish, but there is probably a better adjective eluding me, with their “precious tax money”?

Many, will probably fall back on their religious ideals, and explain they oppose all abortion no matter what...
While I find this to be a bit of a cop out, at least in regards to rape victims...

I am also confident that God wouldn’t hold it against you to help a rape victim in desperate need.
Some may disagree with that. However as someone who believes in a merciful God, it’ll be hard for you to convince me otherwise.

So... back to my original point...
Is there anything you put above your precious tax money?

I’m currently disheartened & a little sad at the idea of ruling a rape victim unworthy of the benefit of taxes.
Because if they can be ruled unworthy, pretty much everyone and anything can be.

To me, that’s a pretty miserable path for humanity to take.

"...your precious tax money".

What IS that? Oh... you mean MY MONEY?

And about this... "I could list a myriad of examples as to why I ask this question, ranging from healthcare, to education, to basically any other issue revolving around a beneficial use towards a more prosperous society."

So... taking a percentage of the work of others, and giving it to everybody, is how we create "...a more prosperous society?" Not for the folks you are taking the money from. You are disturbing their peace (fork over money, or, threat of violence), and taking their money. That is LESS prosperity.

A couple things come to mind reading this thread...

ONE - If you think prosperity is actually dependendent on dollars... you, nor the ideas you believe in, will EVER garner prosperity for you or a society that believes what you do. Money is only 1 part of prosperity... and there is a REASON you frequently hear prosperity mentioned packaged in a phrase that articulates "...peace and prosperity."

Where there is no peace, there will be no prosperity... and that peace is not talking about an absence of war. It is talking about a personal state of perception in which "All is well."

So long as a society and their government can not learn to live on less than it makes as a whole, and makes up for it by making demands on those who DO live on less than they make, there can be no peace or prosperity, because the government doesn't have any money... they only have OTHER people's money.

Now... if you were actually sincere in your outrage about this specific individual, you could take the initiative to help her yourself, financially. Yes... it will take some work to do.

I'll pledge $20 myself to help... and I'm betting there are some others here of the conservative persuasion that might VOLUNTEER to help as well.

But I will NEVER agree there is a time and reason that I should agree it is alright for a government to use violence to part me and my fellow citizens with the fruits of their labor for this or any other presumptive reason. That is called robbery. Doesn't matter how you dress it up.

Go ahead. Do the footwork... and when you get it all worked out and I can CLEARLY donate specifically to help this little gal, I will fork over my pledge. My pledge expires in 10 days.
edit on 25-12-2017 by dasman888 because: edit

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The government makes money. Everyone fights for scraps. That is capitalism. Don't like it? Move to Cuba or North Korea where there is no tax.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join