It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything you place importance above your precious tax money.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

If I didn’t actually care about an issue, I wouldn’t waste my time actually bringing it up to discuss.

If this is true then why place it in the pit?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh wow.

Honestly project, I’m wondering where this animosity towards me from you is coming from.

I didn’t once mention tax cuts, nor did I even hint towards a personal aversion to the recent tax cuts, or even tax cuts in general, and then I even clarified twice in subsequent posts that I don’t wish to raise anyone’s taxes & that I’m talking about the use of the taxes already paid.

So forgive me for saying it, but I think your accusation is stupid .

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

You can dance around it now if you want.

But I'm sick of this crap.

Tax cuts, I think this thread is definitely about the tax cuts. You mention "precious tax money" and "selfishness". We're selfish and heartless and evil, and and and because we want to keep the money we work for.

You whine about animosity, then write an entire thread of accusatory bull#, place it in the Mud Pit, and wonder why someone might not take kindly to it.

You're either full of it or you really do lack self-awareness.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

If I didn’t actually care about an issue, I wouldn’t waste my time actually bringing it up to discuss.

If this is true then why place it in the pit?

That’s simple really...

Thread discussions like this would be closed as duplicates of or reactions to threads already made, which are always shutdown, for whatever reason.

The Mudpit gives members the chance to open similar threads or to discuss things that were brought up in another thread, even specific posts which can be quoted to start a discussion, without a shutdown.

So long as it’s political in nature.

14 years a member and you didn’t know that?
Come on, saneone.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I think this is a thread about specific tax-cuts when it comes to the funding of rape victims. Not your usual tax-cut mudfest and rather compassion-signaling for the fellow traveller.

Hazardous, you stupid Leftist Antifa Communisturd! Just tell him what it is. Maybe he will knock it off, but I really hope this just started to get funny.

Also: music, strippers, drugs and strippers on drugs dancing to a fine tune. Funny read, kinda sad that I have to come up with fictional quasi-non-fictional Lysergic quotes now. SAD!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Lol, no.

You are just trying to start some crap but make it look like you care.

14 year member with experience in sniffing out BS.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Millions of Americans just got a cut in taxes.

The OP just wants to find a way to illustrate how terrible keeping more of our money is.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Millions of Americans just got a cut in taxes.

The OP just wants to find a way to illustrate how terrible keeping more of our money is.

It's how it goes when people don't earn their own money and rely on the government for handouts.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Personally I'd prefer my taxes going towards helping rape victims get abortions than towards, funding wars, paying politicians exorbitant salaries, black ops, paying for prisons, and a whole bunch of other #ty things my taxes actually go towards.
edit on 22/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sigh.

If it was about tax cuts, I would have made sure to express that very clearly.

I never called anyone heartless or evil.
And the use of the word selfish was followed by expressing my desire for a better word to describe the feeling I have.
It’s nothing to do with “money you’ve worked for”, but rather money already collected by government.

Truly, my opening post is only “accusatory” to a specific and likely pretty small subset of humanity...
ie people who would put taxes they’ve already paid and have no say in how it is spent, openly asserting that they wouldn’t want it used to help a rape victim.

Does that shoe truly fit you, project?
Because I’d never have placed you in that bracket based on your postings across the boards, which usually come across as caring a morally agreeable, even if sternly put forth.

I get it, I’ve gone into threads with a defensive attitude before without specifically being called out, or even on occasions when it is probably just me assuming that I’m in the target demographic.

But you’re still pressing on with the defensive despite my clarifications and elaborations.

That’s pretty confusing from where I’m sitting.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

While I don't mind choice, I would strongly support money for this type of abortion if it included the death of the rapist(s) (if DNA proves it) so it wouldn't happen again.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

While I don't mind choice, I would strongly support money for this type of abortion if it included the death of the rapist(s) (if DNA proves it) so it wouldn't happen again.

I don't think we should reward rapists for their efforts.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It's okay for the CEOs to keep wages depressed but it's not okay to collect taxes from the top 1%.

Well, maybe trickle down will work this time. It's didn't work the last 2 times. But maybe Trump has magical abilities.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Lol, no.

You are just trying to start some crap but make it look like you care.

Ok. Sure... you got me.
How did I ever think I’d get away with such a thing.

Seriously though, logically, according to you, what would I do that for?
What is there to gain, exactly?

14 year member with experience in sniffing out BS.

You’re having an off day then.

edit on 22-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Fixed tags.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
They should give me all my paycheck and let the economy thrive on how I spend it.
It instantly has its effect on jobs growth.....
I buy a sandwich in a deli, the deli guy uses the dollar to buy a chair, the chair guy buys some books, the books guy buys a house, etc.lower unemployment, greater demand for products, homes etc.
edit on 22-12-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

What is there to gain, exactly?

Fame, stars, flags and possibly strippers. Anarchist strippers, the hot type that even my hardest (evil pun) rightwing frenemies wont lable away with sjw memes.
Sometimes they just happen to sniff glue though. Poor 14 year old lads without tax-money...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Seriously though, logically, according to you, what would I do that for? What is there to gain, exactly?

Simple, attention.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And strippers.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Seriously though, logically, according to you, what would I do that for? What is there to gain, exactly?

Simple, attention.

Huh?
I could get “attention” with a thread that isn’t to “start crap to make it look like I care”.
So that would be unnecessary if I wanted what you claim.

& even so, what would I gain from baiting people for attention?
Is there some sort of power or reward received from that?

Honestly, I’d have thought that we’ve interacted enough times for a long enough duration for you to already know that is not what I do, or why I’m here on ATS.

I may spend a large part of my day here but I haven’t got to the point where I’m that invested in it. Yet anyways.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Fame, stars, flags and possibly strippers.

Only the last on your list would actually be useful, and I’m not a very sexual man, so even the strippers would be wasted on me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join