It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything you place importance above your precious tax money.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think the miserable path was started by the human that raped her.

For sure...

So when the time comes for others to repair and help the broken victim, do you think rejecting that is a righteous path, or just another step down the miserable path?
Personally I see it as the latter.

I’m not asking you to accept a raise in your taxes...
I’m asking you, if with the taxes already available and diverted from a wasteful usage, do you have any other reason not to use it in the circumstance I highlighted?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Taxation as charity is just lazy, pass-the-buck, self-gratifying bull#.

While you preach to everyone here who disagrees with having their money stolen by the government, what have you done to mitigate this kind of suffering? Anything? Gonna open up your home? Pay their way?

Don't worry, your pathetic attempt at a virtue signal was seen far and wide.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
What is unhealthy about a country should use it's tax money for the citizens first ?
Look at your case. Prime example.

And I have had a serious medical issue and was laid off from my job . Out of work for 2 years. Still contributed to the folks in need. If you know of cases that refugees need assistance (or anyone for that matter) , you know folks don't you ? If I cannot contribute directly , I go talk with the folks I know.
There are many ways to assist

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There are plenty of charities that help refugees.

Yeah, for sure.
& in my mind they should be prepared to assist in situations like this one as and when, if they’re truly altruistic.

It doesn’t however take away from the point I made.
I think what emphasises that is the fact you’re the first person to say that.

No one else who was averse to my OP once mentioned their thoughts that charities should do it...
They just scoffed, derided and went on what can only be described as triggered rants showing concern only for their “wallets”.

Think about that.
edit on 22-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I think she should be taken care of by goverment funding.
I also think that government funding should not have brought her here in the first place.

Our government does not have an income problem, it has a spending problem.
We can save trillions by doing less.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You see some people think they are independent and don’t draw their wealth from what the society offers. Some think as if they get their wealth from Mars or Jupiter independent from the society that gives them access to the means to get wealth.

They therefore want to KEEP ALL MY MONEY

Okay, then we'll make sure you don’t get to hire people from the society

You don’t get to have police and fire protection

Get to go to the schools the society offers you

Travel on the bridges and roads

We’ll give them a first class ticket to the wilderness

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Many undocumented immigrant girls seeking safety in the United States are raped during their journeys

source
This is well known to the girls that make the trip here, it's not like they suddenly find out along the way that the coyotes bringing them demand "chaka chaka" when they want it. Despite knowing they are likely going to have to have sex with these men, they still CHOOSE to make the trip.

Life comes with choices, and there are consequences for those choices.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

...virtue signal...

Woah, bro...
That was really original.

You guys are gonna have to stop pushing the narrative that any expression of concern from people not towing your ideology is someone virtue signalling.

Most of the times you use the term, you’re just making it up to make your target seem like a dickhead.

If I didn’t actually care about an issue, I wouldn’t waste my time actually bringing it up to discuss.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The first being that I’m out of work due to disability and not currently in a position to be of financial assistance.

I see now.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Lots of things. Public transportation, safe highways, public health, better infrastructure (aging phone lines, obsolete water and sewer systems)... and on and on. And yes, even caring for those who can't work. Like infants.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What is unhealthy about a country should use it's tax money for the citizens first ?

Not a fibre of my being disagrees with you on that.
How about taking the funding needed from the Foreign Aid that goes to the refugees birth nation?

That could work easily, I think.

...you know folks don't you...

Sadly/Thankfully (depending on perspective) I don’t.
My circle is extremely small...
& even then a majority of my interactions in life are right here on ATS.
Reading that definitely gives the impression of a pretty sad existence, lol, but it works for me.

There are many ways to assist.

Absolutely, until recently I was donating towards refugees and disaster relief.
However I had an overpowering feeling that the money wasn’t being used correctly, so I stopped.

I’ve been in the process of looking into other charities since.
It’s not easy to find one that leaves a trail to assure the giver if it’s actually not a scam.

That’s another thread I might create soon.
I’m sure there is more than a few people on ATS who’ve been burned by a charity or stopped paying because they couldn’t assure themselves it was being spent on what’s advertised, rather than exorbitant kickbacks to staff.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think we all have different ideas about our tax money. I would love to see the federal government and military shrink dramatically. That's the best use of our tax money. We don't need 24 alphabet agencies or secret spy agencies. We don't need 750 military bases around the world. We don't need bloated agencies.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

The first being that I’m out of work due to disability and not currently in a position to be of financial assistance.

I see now.

Ooh cryptic.
Wanna share?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

We don't need 24 alphabet agencies or secret spy agencies. We don't need 750 military bases around the world.

That’s debatable in my opinion.

It’s easy to complain about the MIC & IntelCom...
I just think it’s a bit naive as well, because my view of Earth without them at this particular point in history paints a much scarier picture for our planet, than a world with them.

That doesn’t mean there’s isn’t some problems or dangerous rogue elements...
But those dangerous rogue elements would be a much bigger problem if we didn’t have the abundance of good guys who make up the military and IC.

So in the case of taxes for those programmes, I’d argue spend better, not less.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

One of the victims was 15 weeks pregnant by the time she arrived and I’m not sure the journey takes that long.
So in at least one case I don’t think the rape occurred under the conditions you highlighted.

Also I’m not very comfortable with calling rape a consequence of something as simple as crossing a border.
I definitely know what you’re trying to say, but the word consequence to me seems like a way for people to say “oh well, too bad” and basically be apathetic to a serious thing.

Please understand I know that’s not your intention at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Most of the times you use the term, you’re just making it up to make your target seem like a dickhead.

Except this time my target is being one.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Except this time my target is being one.

Because I said something you disagree with?
That’s a pretty easy criteria to fit, don’t you think?

My concern for raped refugees makes me a dickhead essentially.
That’s astounding.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Before I answer this question, if I do like the Churches™ and use Jesus, does it make it 'tax free'?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Why should anyone be concerned.

The only thing anyone knows is the story she told.

The usual suspects pushing the same old agenda.

What's interesting here is the current administration is supposedly forcing a woman to basically keep an anchor baby.

Yep you heard me right.

Another dog and pony show.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

My concern for raped refugees makes me a dickhead essentially. That’s astounding.

This is what you said in your title:

Is there anything you place importance above your precious tax money.

Then this:

So what would possess someone to be so, I want to say selfish, but there is probably a better adjective eluding me, with their “precious tax money”?

You're placing the blame on those who favored tax cuts. Essentially saying that our support for a tax cut is tantamount to supporting the rape of refugees.

That's called virtue signaling, said more simply, that's called being a dick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join