It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything you place importance above your precious tax money.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I could list a myriad of examples as to why I ask this question, ranging from healthcare, to education, to basically any other issue revolving around a beneficial use towards a more prosperous society, or even beneficial use in assistance towards individuals for whatever reason.

But the example I’m going to use is one I’d never have thought I’d hear...
The case of the refugee rape victims who were refused an abortion because it was “for the best”...

I mean, I get it folks, I think there is tonnes of things taxes could be used more frugally, or even shouldn’t be used for at all...
That’s applicable to everyone I think, we don’t always find common ground on our limits, but our common ground is that we do all have limits overall.

So back to the example...
I’m pretty shocked that people would REEEE about their tax money being spent to help rape victims... refugee or not...
It’s not like it’s going to become an epidemic.
Also I’m not quite sure of the figures involved, but I don’t think abortions even cost that much money... you may correct me on that if you have seen data saying different.

So what would possess someone to be so, I want to say selfish, but there is probably a better adjective eluding me, with their “precious tax money”?

Many, will probably fall back on their religious ideals, and explain they oppose all abortion no matter what...
While I find this to be a bit of a cop out, at least in regards to rape victims...

I am also confident that God wouldn’t hold it against you to help a rape victim in desperate need.
Some may disagree with that. However as someone who believes in a merciful God, it’ll be hard for you to convince me otherwise.

So... back to my original point...
Is there anything you put above your precious tax money?

I’m currently disheartened & a little sad at the idea of ruling a rape victim unworthy of the benefit of taxes.
Because if they can be ruled unworthy, pretty much everyone and anything can be.

To me, that’s a pretty miserable path for humanity to take.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think I'd rather help a starving child who would die without that aid.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I could list a myriad of examples as to why I ask this question, ranging from healthcare, to education, to basically any other issue revolving around a beneficial use towards a more prosperous society, or even beneficial use in assistance towards individuals for whatever reason.

Yeah my money is important to me.

I didn't take the whole world to raise.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You want to know what's frustrating?

Having a government that WASTES BILLIONS of dollars, and that gets ignored but justification for tax increases because some poor girl.

Not buying it.

Ever heard the expression "Penny wise, pound foolish"?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I also think it's frustrating they are using rape as an excuse to RAPE our wallets.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I also think it's frustrating they are using rape as an excuse to RAPE our wallets.

It's for the children, Neo.

Think of the children!

(Not yours, obviously, but someone else's)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
1) - Tax money is US Federal funds
2) - "refugees" are still citizens of a foreign country
3) - How did you help ? Did you start as GoFundMe for the victim ? Anything ?
If you didn't try to assist , you are guilty of your same charge.
Anti-US thread barely disguised as an "I care" thread

Disclaimer : And that is as far from a religious statement as one could get...
edit on 12/22/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

link   

It's for the children, Neo. Think of the children!

No worries.

We can just abort them and use RAPE to legitimize it.

And then shell out some more cash to pay for free transexual surgery like Manning.

I mean why do we need any money at all.

We have some moral obligation for the 'betterment' of society.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: neo96

It's for the children, Neo.

Think of the children!

(Not yours, obviously, but someone else's)

And not even that, but someone else's that they don't even want because it shouldn't have happened and rarely ever actually does.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I think the miserable path was started by the human that raped her.

The goverment wastes so much damn money that it's truely hard to fathom.
Giving them more money in the form of my taxes will not fix the problem of goverment waste and overspending.

So to answer your question, no. There is not.
I can do more good for others with my money in hand.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You want to know what's frustrating?

Having a government that WASTES BILLIONS of dollars, and that gets ignored but justification for tax increases because some poor girl.

I agree. We spend a trillion dollars per year on military spending that did absolutely NOTHING to prevent or protect us on 9/11.

Maybe it's time to close the 800+ foreign military bases we have around the world too. What is the point????

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If 10,000 people believe in a stupid idea, it's still a stupid idea.
It's the mandated taxes that financed the unwanted immigration in the first place.
Taxes without any of it accountable to the people they took it from.

Taxes is the problem. You worship the cult of authority and pay it's tithes.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Go figure.

We've spent 22 trillion on the war on poverty, and have absolutely NOTHING to show for it other than a populace more broke, and dependent upon the state for their existence than in this entire nations history.

Money for nothing and GMO food for free.
edit on 22-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I think the miserable path was started by the human that raped her.

The goverment wastes so much damn money that it's truely hard to fathom.
Giving them more money in the form of my taxes will not fix the problem of goverment waste and overspending.

So to answer your question, no. There is not.
I can do more good for others with my money in hand.

We shouldn't focus on stopping rape, we should just raise taxes so the ####ing government can take care of the shattered lives afterwards.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
"Taxation is the price which civilized communities pay for the opportunity of remaining civilized". (Albert Bushnell Hart)

Who you elect to do the disbursement is on you.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

i wasn't aware those were the only two choices.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Wow. Swing and a miss...

I didn’t say anything about raising taxes to go towards this very rare problem...
I think it could be done very easily by not “WASTING BILLIONS of dollars”... right?
By only spending on the necessary.

But even with me clarifying that, you will probably still have a problem with my original premise.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: ketsuko

i wasn't aware those were the only two choices.

We were asked if there was something we felt was more important.

And like others, I think it's a low blow to try to guilt people out of more of their own money when there is plenty of money wasted by the officials in this country ever day that could be re-allocated if they actually could run a budget responsibly.

I feel like they come to us saying they can't afford to buy bread when they're wearing the $100 Nikes they just bought with the money we gave them last week. Maybe if they'd gone to Walmart for those tennis shoes, they'd have the money to buy bread. It's the kind of compromise all kinds of families make with the money they leave us in our paycheck every single month!

... but they NEED more from us ... and they never seem to stop wearing the best shoes, clothes and other items to make those compromises while they point to this or that poor, beknighted person and whine about how they just. don't. have. enough ... how can we be so hard hearted?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
1) - Tax money is US Federal funds
2) - "refugees" are still citizens of a foreign country
3) - How did you help ? Did you start as GoFundMe for the victim ? Anything ?
If you didn't try to assist , you are guilty of your same charge.
Anti-US thread barely disguised as an "I care" thread

Disclaimer : And that is as far from a religious statement as one could get...

1) Tax money is money collected by a nations elected government.
Just because my example came to mind due to a US specific incident in no way limits the question or the point made to just Americans.
2) I really don’t think it matters if refugees are still citizens of a foreign nation, because when a country accepts a refugee into their land it is basic human decency to see to it they can land on their feet until such time they become a citizen or can safely return home. That’s how it works worldwide with refugees.
3) I didn’t help, or start a GoFund Me for two reasons;
The first being that I’m out of work due to disability and not currently in a position to be of financial assistance.
The second being I do not know who these people rejected are to start a GoFund Me for them or even make contact.

Does that mean I should just ignore my concerns about an issue every time I’m not in a position to actually do anything about it?
That seems a little irrational.

Anti-US thread barely disguised as an "I care" thread.

Forever a victim in your own minds. You should probably work on that mindset. It’s pretty unhealthy.
I never once mentioned the “US”, let alone say anything to attack it.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

There are plenty of charities that help refugees.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join