It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have become . . . . . . one of those people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I guess it's ok as long as you don't go to Starbucks. Hell, when the piece of shat keurig pisses you off, you could always go beat a few baristas.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

Is Naked Twister ok?

Only if you're playing like this.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Keurig , isn't that the coffee machine you pay $200 for that makes 1 cup of coffee at a time instead of 10 cups at a time for $25 machine? some just seems wrong with that.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ishum
Keurig , isn't that the coffee machine you pay $200 for that makes 1 cup of coffee at a time instead of 10 cups at a time for $25 machine? some just seems wrong with that.

If you drink more than one cup and there are more people in the house than one who is drinking, I'd agree.

But if you're like me and you only drink one cup when you drink coffee and you're the only one who's drinking it at all ... what good is a whole pot of it?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I only visit Starbucks to occasionally see if they'll make a Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, and Ice,

Then I complain that it's too tepid and throw it away.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

When is the "pissing me off" part supposed to happen?

IIRC, I'm at around four years on this unit, so I'd like to be prepared.

Will it try to kill me? That'd probably piss me off something terrible. If it just breaks though, I think I can deal with that for the price I paid and years of use.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ishum

I think I paid ~$40, but yes to all of that.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

most people i know drink more then one cup. some drink it as if its the source of life. lol

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ishum

Heh, that's what the tea is for.

Coffee is just to wake me up quick so I can drive through rush hour without dying.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

SMH

There goes the neighborhood....

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just showed my son the Keurig and the assortment of teas and hot chocolates.

He turned and looked at me and said, "Dad, if you wanted to admit that you're gay, why didn't you just say it?"

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I had two and both would occasionally leak all over the counter. Or the needle gets clogged and doesn't brew your damn cup. Or try using the k filter thing that you put your own coffee in. What a damn mess.

So no, it never directly tried to kill me. Is was more of a passive aggressive bastard trying to get me to kill myself.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Get the reusable cups with the wire mesh, then buy your regular preferred coffee.

Saves a ton of $$$

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Sounds like it didn't like you.

Were you emotionally supportive?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No, I used to talk trash to it in the morning and bi*ch slap it before it left for work.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Well, there's your problem.

Mine never leaks, takes refillable pods like a pro, and has never become clogged after years of heavy use.

But,

Every morning I tell it that it is strong, unique, beautiful, and that it is loved.

It doesn't hurt to be nice sometimes.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I took it to the gun range and shot the ever living crap out if it.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Heh, we bought one of the Hamilton Beach knockoffs that you can toss the k-cups into. The cups are too expensive to bother with now, so I got one of those adapters you can toss ground coffee into. Works like a charm and cheaper too.

I found a loophole. Now I just need to write Keurig in permanent marker over the HB name. *shifty eyes*

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I can't associate with you anymore

It's ok, you can stop destroying your Keurig Machines...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Coffee

This is an area of my expertise.

I can help all of you if you care to listen.

If you want above top shelf coffee

I do this, because I am OCD by definition

I buy green unroasted coffee beans from all over the world, selected for fair trade, small family operations, with the best quality available.

All coffee that has been roasted has a shelf life of 2 weeks before it begins to degrade. Green beans do not degrade and I usually have at least 30 pounds on hand at any given time
I roast my beans every two weeks
I filter my water through a 4 filter big Berkey, which allows some calcium through, but stops all metals, pesticides, chloramines, hormones, fluoride, arsenic and lead.
It goes into a solar/battery bank powered Zojirushi stainless boiler that holds the temp at 208 degrees.
My coffee pot is a hand blown glass Chemex drip
I use only raw sugar and organic half and half.

I am anal with tea as well. I do grow my own tea plants. They are camellia sineseus tea plants from Russia, Japan, and Yunnan China. I also buy special teas from Teavivre in China.

The coffee beans are available online from Sweet Marias in Oakland California. Any questions? Feel free to ask.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join