It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back when this site was Abovetopsecret

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

Trump is not the problem. We already covered (or uncovered) most of
the conspiracy theories. We run out of them. Threads about Trump are actually saving ATS now.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I posted a thread about a bigfoot documentary a few days back, and it's a decent conversation about whether it's real or not.

Many old timers in there with some good info.

You have to look in the forums of specific interests to find your ATS, not the live feed.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It is indeed a breath of fresh air when I log in to discover Isaac Koi has made another contribution. He epitomizes what ATS is all about and should indeed have his own ATS forum, but that's not for this discussion.

I enjoy the banter between the regular contributors and I think we are continuously morphing as new members join and old members stop contributing.

Old members stop contributing - this is the net effect of too much politics in what is essentially a conspiracy site. Folks decide to stop coming here, that is a shame. It's frustrating in that regard - that with too much of one thing, we lose our identity.

Being member-generated content, the flow of information will invariably come from events and websites that contributing members frequent beyond ATS. I understand your plight but I'm not 100% sure what the solution is beyond my observations.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That is an excellent idea Stosh, I award you three thousand fake stars and a billion fake flags for that.

Dear OP, in my twelve years here, three years away from "ATS Big Bang" I have encountered this complaint several times every year.
I am sorry you are so agitated, but "We The People" provide the content of this place. If "We" are not part of the solution to a problem "We" see, "We" are the problem.
Become the great posts you want to see, be the solution to your own problem.

Settle down and be you.

(post by Kharron removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i'd guess the forum 'the mud pit' is to blame, its there to encourage right/left squabbling and i'd quess is the most popular forum on ats.
would be interesting to see ats without that forum.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

If I win my lawsuits I'll buy ATS and hire some ppl to fix it.

Sound cool?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

We make threads, huge presentations, films, etc that are "AboveTopSecret", and when you dont respond to them and prop them up in appreciation its on you that more dont get made.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Alas only the American users are talking politics

The rest of us just sit here and wait weeks in between the usual bitching and name calling for something decent to pop up which then slowly disappears under the multiple politics threads

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi
This site is flooded with politics and regular news items these days,this site used to be, ill say, underground, its not anymore so. Its just flooded with regular #.

There are 99 sub-forums on this site, and you're bitching about 2? Is this how you treat life? You look at 2 blocks in your neighborhood, then swear up and down the whole town is like that? Get out more and explore more sub-forums. It's not all bad.

Could we maybe develop a system that somehow presents the post with the most stars on top or anything like that, just for convenience sake.

That system is already in place. It's called more people reading and starring the first few posts then the following ones. Try to find a post with more than 10 stars on page 10 of a topic. Go ahead........I dare ya.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

The point is; this site relies on user generated content.

If you are not contributing anything but complaint, then you are part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: schuyler

If I win my lawsuits I'll buy ATS and hire some ppl to fix it.

Sound cool?

Hired gun right here.

Sound cool?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 22-12-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

You might be onto something.
But politics keeps the site traffic higher which brings in more add revenue allowing the site to keep running.
Take away the politics and the site goes bye bye.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well, that's because conservatives are also hardcore conspiracy theorists but mostly only about politics, which means their political opponents only. Everything else goes to the back burner or is completely ignored.

We have our resident conservatives spamming thread after thread about all things politics from some right wing nutter website multiple times a day. They are helping destroy this site.
edit on 22-12-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: cyberjedi
This site is flooded with politics and regular news items these days,this site used to be, ill say, underground, its not anymore so. Its just flooded with regular #.

There are 99 sub-forums on this site, and you're bitching about 2? Is this how you treat life? You look at 2 blocks in your neighborhood, then swear up and down the whole town is like that? Get out more and explore more sub-forums. It's not all bad.

Could we maybe develop a system that somehow presents the post with the most stars on top or anything like that, just for convenience sake.

That system is already in place. It's called more people reading and starring the first few posts then the following ones. Try to find a post with more than 10 stars on page 10 of a topic. Go ahead........I dare ya.

the 99 sub-forums are the cancer of this site, the quality of content gets watered down.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I study history and there is a ton of historical conspiracies that haven't been covered yet.

For example just a few months ago, I wrote a thread about a KGB assassin and there's not too many threads covering KGB assassination operations.

A lot of the historical conspiracies covered here are just the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 12/22/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

We make threads, huge presentations, films, etc that are "AboveTopSecret", and when you dont respond to them and prop them up in appreciation its on you that more dont get made.

The whole point of the thread is to say that this site should't be used to post cooking recipes and where to get your dog groomed, stop posting that #, it doesn't belong here. The 1000 sub-forums enable it though, ATS does not give a #. You can post about anything these days. This site has sold its soul it seems.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Trueman

I study history and there is a ton of historical conspiracies that haven't been covered yet.

For example just a few months ago, I wrote a thread about a KGB assassin and there's not too many threads covering KGB assassination operations.

A lot of the historical conspiracies covered here are just the tip of the iceberg.

Well, show us all you got. Hit us with a conspiracy tsunami.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

. Could we maybe develop a system that somehow presents the post with the most stars on top or anything like that, just for convenience sake.

There is. Look at the top of the page and next to the ATS logo is a video icon, and next to that a flag icon that reads "top". Those are the top flagged threads.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join