It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Verses

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

whos the troll?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
efgh z

5678 26

26 26

zz

the hidden name once again

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I see Satan has lost his edge.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
anyone know any more about the band zz top....and the choice of name?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

who are you referring too?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Good point.

a reply to: StallionDuck

Fair enough. I think we can see where each other is coming from. But here's a hypothetical example to show why the OP's getting those responses.

The Vedas are written in a form of Sanskrit. Now imagine if someone took one Sanskrit phrase from the Vedas, transliterated that Sanskrit phrase with characters from the Ethiopian Ge'ez script, then used numerology to decipher the Ge'ez version of that phrase into "Sir Dude". Then the person started using that phrase to "prove" that Hinduism is actually commanding its followers to worship the Bigfoot.

You don't see how inaccurate that is? We can take any ancient language, transliterate it into a modern script, use a made up formula to "decode" it, and then use the decoded "phrase" to serve as the base for a crazy theory.

Also, is even a single person listed in the OP as the possible "Sir Guy" even from the time period when the Qur'an was written?

To be honest, I have no earthly clue. That's why I have you
You can shed light on it in a way that I can understand it.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

LOL

I just took a quick look at the wikipedia article linked in the OP then checked those guys' birthdays. All of them were born in the 1700s, 1800s, or 1900s except Sir Guy Palmes (born in 1580) and Sir Guy Brian of Torbryan (born around 1319). So according to this theory, one of these dudes must be both a time traveler and proficient in a form of ancient Arabic that even modern Arabic speakers have a hard time replicating. Yep, sounds legit.

Oh & Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to you & everyone else in this thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
i recently discovered that they are 5 names with sir guy being one of them

think of the HAMSA

5 fingers and each finger represents a individual

the over4all code to the above is ERST or VRST

now if you people do a search for erst or erste you will discover that im not talking crap

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant i said it could be any one of them....not that it is...

the point of the op was to prove that the name sir guy exists that all

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i see 5 men or women stood in the shape of a pentagram.....

maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.

but if you do a search on ERSTE you will find I'm right

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why did Vikings have 'Allah' embroidered into funeral clothes?

www.bbc.co.uk...

maybe the german answer is was looking for is the vikings

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kais123

The Qur'an was compiled in the 600s AD. It's written in a complex and poetic form of ancient Arabic, and you can see it all in its original form online for free. The following link is to the first Surah in the Qur'an (in English, Arabic, and a transliteration):
A-Faatiha (The Opening)

If you notice, the very first words in the Surah are: بِسْمِ اللَّهِ
Which translate in English as: "In the name of Allah"
And are transliterated into: "Bismi Allahi"

Look at the Arabic writing and you'll see that it's actually 2 separate words separated by a space, hence why this link transliterates it as "Bismi" and "Allahi". In English, it's usually transliterated as the single word "Bismillah" because that's how it sounds in English. (Kind of like someone saying "Wassup?" or "Wazzup?" instead of the literal "What's up?")

Transliterations simply write out how a word or phrase sounds in a language, regardless of their actual spelling, etymology, or syntax. "Enlightened Servant" would transliterate into "In lie tend Sir vent", even though being "enlightened" has nothing to do with lying or tending to something.

With that being said, I'm assuming you know about the book "Satanic Verses" and its controversy with modern Islam, right? I sincerely doubt that you did this by coincidence, hence why I'm being so blunt with my posts here.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

As another note about transliterations and why you shouldn't use them for "decoding", look at the word "Al-Faatiha" on that link. Now look at how its transliterated on this other website (Al-Fātiĥah): Surat Al-Fātiĥah. And on this other site (HERE), which happens to be my favorite site for linking the Qur'an, it's transliterated as "Al-Fatihah".

So you have "Al-Faatiha", "Al-Fātiĥah", and "Al-Fatihah" as some of the English transliterations of the Arabic phrase:
سورة الفاتحة
All of them are "correct" since they all sound out how to say the Arabic word if you're an English speaker. But wouldn't you get completely different decodings depending on which version you decoded? And regardless of which transliteration you decoded, they would all be incorrect since you're not even decoding the original phrase (the Arabic word). For what it's worth, I typically say "The Fatiha" when referring to it, which would also give completely different decodings.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

its actually

BISMILLAH HIRAM MAN NI RAHEEM

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

(facepalm) That's the entire first sentence of that verse. The first 2 sentences in your own OP say:

I decoded the word Bismillah....

and it translates to SIR-GUY

I just showed you the actual Arabic for the phrase you claimed you decoded, showed you the common English transliteration for it (Bismillah), and showed you the 2 word transliteration for it ("Bismi Allahi") which is more accurate than the 1 word transliteration. I focused on that phrase specifically because you made your whole OP based on it.

ETA: Actually, nevermind. This is clearly a waste of time. There's been more than enough info given in this thread for anyone who wants to know the truth and/or for anyone who wants links to search the truth.
edit on 25-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kais123
i see 5 men or women stood in the shape of a pentagram.....

maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.

but if you do a search on ERSTE you will find I'm right
ERSTE is 55 a pentagram mirrored just like all the rest of the mirror imaging they do

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join