It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jorge Ramos Says He’s Now Having the ‘Worst Time’ of His Life in U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: UKTruth

I must have missed the part where he said he was looking for your sympathy.

It is a popularity contest and these are the tactics. I would think more people on ATS would see things for what they are but...

Exactly. It is a contest to see who can get the most attention, and it is in that way I find what Ramos did to be quite clever.

He used his social media accounts to be very vocal about Trump and in doing so has baited all the bigoted and racist Trump supporters in to providing him the "hate" needed to push his narrative.

Ramos is highly-respected in the Hispanic communities and has given them a look in to how ignorant and hateful many people in this country can be towards people of different ethnicities.

I see.

Ramos is "clever" when he draws social media hatred because you agree with him and his position? He's pushing the buttons of all the bigots and drawing their predictable response ...

But if someone like ... a little pizza shop in Indiana says something you don't endorse and draws the same kind of hatred and bigotry from the other side, they're just getting what they deserve because they're a bunch of hateful bigots right?

Amazing how the views on this social media mob behavior can change depending on one's personal views.

Either you endorse bullying or you don't.

No one should spout hatred at Ramos, but everyone should be able to disagree.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Our true reason on immigration being that they need to come here legally and get deported if they break our laws? Man that's terrible. Shame on us.

It's not just Mexicans that come here illegally or overstay visas. Why the focus there?

Illegal immigration has been a huge problem for the past 4 or 5 years.

Incorrect. The statistics show otherwise.

What you should be saying is that illegal immigration is a useful propaganda tool used to get support from people such as yourself.

www.pewresearch.org...

They weren't disrespecting our country by taking down our flag and putting theirs in place of it.

Freedom of speech. Not to mention, it's only a flag.

Ultra-nationalism. Another propaganda tool used by Trump and friends.

So far I haven't fallen for any propaganda

It appears you have fallen for a lot of it.

Trump has either started or finished almost everything he promised. Explain how doing what you say you're going to do can be classified as misleading.

I think it is misleading to say he has started or finished almost every thing he promised.

Of course, unless, you can actually prove that.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Bro, the left are the only ones who try to make this about race and ethnicity.

The "I know you are but what am I approach"?

Really?

Not once have I seen or heard a Trump supporter say they're against illegals because of their race

You must live in a tiny bubble.

and not a day goes by where a liberal, who thinks he's the smart one, tries to point his finger at opposing beliefs to claim racism as the reason.

Well, if they are racist they deserve to have the finger pointed at them.

You would agree, correct?

Every bit of that is on y'all. That's propaganda.

I'm not a liberal, so I think your point is rather "pointless".
edit on 22-12-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It is a popularity contest and these are the tactics. I would think more people on ATS would see things for what they are but...

I don't need his permission to laugh at his misery.
edit on 22/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Exactly. It is a contest to see who can get the most attention, and it is in that way I find what Ramos did to be quite clever.

He used his social media accounts to be very vocal about Trump and in doing so has baited all the bigoted and racist Trump supporters in to providing him the "hate" needed to push his narrative.

Ramos is highly-respected in the Hispanic communities and has given them a look in to how ignorant and hateful many people in this country can be towards people of different ethnicities.

Being openly biased as a journalist and encouraging your fellow journalists to be biased is not really that clever.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

He's highly respected by other anti-Trumpers.

Sure. But his main popularity comes from the Hispanic audiences.

There are plenty of Hispanics that don't buy into his lies like you're doing.

What lies? Can you be specific?

And thanks for the stereotype about bigots and racists, again, because it worked well for you people last year. Real well.

You're very welcome. It's about time you guys (not saying you specifically) had the balls to stand up for what you believe so that we didn't have to play these silly games.

Yes, and he's been misleading them with biased information about Trump and Trump supporters. True propaganda.

I can't remember all of the lies and don't feel like digging them up right now, but this guy was talking crap and lying about Trump ever since Trump made his comments about illegal Mexicans.

We always had the balls to stand up for what we believe in, we just don't have to worry about losing our careers for it now. This has never been a game to me and I know I speak for many others when I say that.

You don't need to list his biased news stories. He has already admitted he is no longer an impartial journalist.

“It doesn’t matter who you are — a journalist, a politician or a voter — we’ll all be judged by how we responded to Donald Trump,” Ramos writes in latest edition of Time Magazine. “Like it or not, this election is a plebiscite on the most divisive, polarizing and disrupting figure in American politics in decades. And neutrality is not an option.”

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ramos is "clever" when he draws social media hatred because you agree with him and his position? He's pushing the buttons of all the bigots and drawing their predictable response ...

Yes. He is clever for knowing how the game works.

But if someone like ... a little pizza shop in Indiana says something you don't endorse and draws the same kind of hatred and bigotry from the other side, they're just getting what they deserve because they're a bunch of hateful bigots right?

I don't know exactly what you are referring to. I'd have to have more info.

Amazing how the views on this social media mob behavior can change depending on one's personal views.

Are you trying to answer your own question before I was even able to respond?

Either you endorse bullying or you don't.

Don't confuse bullying and backlash.

No one should spout hatred at Ramos, but everyone should be able to disagree.

I agree. Ramos knew what he was doing and got the attention he wanted.

At the same time, people spit hatred at him and people similar to him.

We get to see both sides of the situation.

One person, Ramos, is openly discussing the issue while the closet bigots and racists hide behind social media avatars.
edit on 22-12-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Nobody said you needed anyone's permission.

I just pointed out that he might not actually care but that he will use it just the same to push his agenda.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Nobody said you needed anyone's permission.

I just pointed out that he might not actually care but that he will use it just the same to push his agenda.

Sure. I don't care whether he cares. He did say he was having a bad time, though - and I find that funny.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

If he doesn't actually care about the flak then you are laughing at misery that isn't there.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

I can understand why he said what he did.

Univision itself has revieved many threats and such, not to mention that anti-immigration/Hispanic/Muslim sentiment has been very vocal as of late. Especially on social media sites.

No wonder there has been talk of ATS being labeled a "hate site". We see that bigoted nonsense on this site as well.

Anti-Illegal immigration and anti-extremist immigration which is apparently the opposite of what this character is for.
Get it right...

edit on 12/22/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Everyone except the Uber religious believes in aliens..

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Who is the guy anyway. I have a life not a TV

Who cares

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Everyone except the Uber religious believes in aliens..

Really?

Perhaps you meant to say that most people believe in the possibility of aliens since no one has actually ever found any to date, and the only thing driving anyone's belief in their existence is the vastness of the universe coupled with the knowledge that organic compounds do exist coupled with complex math.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Perhaps Ramos is experiencing backlash for his views? Are you sure you aren't confusing the two?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

He's the president. When you antagonize 60 million people you don't get to complain when they let you Know they don't appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Fair enough.. but that means hypothetically he has 65 million people who support his Critisisms..

The article was still stupid ito use the vote count to make their point, when the person in question lost the vote count..

They could have replaced it with “he won 30 states” and it works..but pointing out the number of votes he got, when the majority voted against him...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone(basically everyone) believes in life on other planets.. aka aliens.

Not everyone believes they abducting red necks from trailer parks..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join