It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underage refugee rape victims barred from abortions because it's 'in their best interest'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
News like this makes me feel like we're really just monkies with advanced communication skills. Millions of people all over the world dream about living in the most advanced country in the world where someone like Roy Moore almost became a U.S. senator, where rape victims can be barred from abortions by religious nuts, and where millions of religious fanatics would be delighted to turn their country into a Christian version of Saudi Arabia. This news story is a little taste of that.

It is funny how things are spun, and then people like you post such outrage...lol Underage refuge rape victim...really?
Just gets you all triggered doesn't it, but what if it read that she illegally entered the country from Mexico already pregnant and once in detention she demanded an abortion and the result is below...

Judges ruled illegal immigrant can't demand abortion services from feds
But will allow her to seek a private sponsor to help her obtain the abortion

Boy that evil Trump and team....

Court blocks illegal immigrant teen from demanding abortion services from feds while in custody after she crossed the border pregnant

Court on Friday delayed immediate abortion for girl, 17, being held in Texas
The girl entered the US alone in September and is 15 weeks pregnant

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: antiantonym

I read the title and thought "what the hell kind of third-world country is denying abortions to rape victim refugees?"

I totally wasn't expecting this to be about the US.

Are we calling those that enter our country illegally from Mexico "refugees" now? She came here 15 weeks pregnant, was she a rape victim? Are you going to pay for it? She just needs a sponsor ...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: watchitburn
Why should US taxpayers foot the bill for her abortion?

If she's in federal detention, it sounds like she's an illegal immigrant to me. Calling her a "refuge" doesn't entitle her to my tax dollars.

Over the wall!

Considering you make far more than I do, yet my taxes are a pinch and I am of the more numerous lower class...my tax dollars are paying you to bitch about your tax dollars in a disproportionate level.

So who's opinion is more valid?

I agree......after hundreds of billions of dollars of BORROWED money to give to millionaires and billionaires for cuts to their personal taxes, HEARING ANYTHING from those here bitching about "mah tax dallahs" being used to help someone else, should be met with sarcastic laughter

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Illegal immigrants should not be given abortions on tax payer dime.

So the kid is born here and becomes a us citizen. Then you have to support the whole family.

Awesome logic there, chief.

Ideally the illegal is sent back long before that.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I read the title and thought "what the hell kind of third-world country is denying abortions to rape victim refugees?"

I totally wasn't expecting this to be about the US.

Are we calling those that enter our country illegally from Mexico "refugees" now? She came here 15 weeks pregnant, was she a rape victim? Are you going to pay for it? She just needs a sponsor ...

This is a money issue for you?

If it were a money issue, why not just say "we won't pay for it" instead of effectively barring her from seeking medical care?

Besides, why aren't you complaining about the financial impact of forcing her to keep it which will cost more in delivery than abortion not to mention the cost of raising a rapist's offspring.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

I consider both Clinton and Moore to be innocent until proven guilty in court. I was referring to Moore's beliefs about slavery, the U.S. Constitution, and women.

Well Clinton admitted to it...lol

He was the first sitting president ever to testify before a grand jury investigating his conduct. That evening, President Clinton also gave a four-minute televised address to the nation in which he admitted he had engaged in an inappropriate relationship with Lewinsky.

And...

In late July, 1998, Lewinsky turned the dress over to Kenneth Starr's investigators after signing an immunity agreement. A blood sample was taken from Clinton on August 3, and on August 17, the FBI reported its conclusion that Clinton was the source of the semen on the dress.

So...old Bill is the same as Moore?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This is a money issue for you?

If it were a money issue, why not just say "we won't pay for it" instead of effectively barring her from seeking medical care?

Did you read?

Besides, why aren't you complaining about the financial impact of forcing her to keep it which will cost more in delivery than abortion not to mention the cost of raising a rapist's offspring.

How about sending her back to Mexico .... You know her home???

The money issue is, who is going to pay for it? Once again, do you want to sponsor her since you feel so charged over it.
edit on 22-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

HEARING ANYTHING from those here bitching about "mah tax dallahs" being used to help someone else, should be met with sarcastic laughter

Is helping her back to her home not good? I think the problem is that there is no funds to pay for it. Do the feds take it out of their coffee fund? Medical is only done if the person needs medical attention and she does not, so a person comes here illegally and demands an abortion saying she was raped in her home country 16 weeks before she came here...

Maybe you take your tax dallahs you save and pay for it...

I got a better idea... We can open up fed funded abortion clinics in Mexican border towns that offers free abortions to any woman that is thinking of entering the US illegally to get a free abortion... Run that by your congressperson I think we are on to something good here.

edit on 22-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Which one was that ?

The one that lobbied to be his make up artist ?

Or the others that just wanted a big fat payday?

More like FAKE OUTRAGE.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: intrptr

I don't know much about it but also just now thinking about it, there's a baby being born in the united states... born in poverty, another mouth to feed, another body to take care of. IDK much but that sounds pretty costly to me. Who gonna feed and clothe the children being born? But, since it's born in the united states... it's a citizen?

Yes. That used to mean entitlement to a lot of free health care, education and Human Rights. Due to rising iInsurance and treatment costs, however...

Hi louise, so glad to hear from you, thought you disappeared for good.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Really one doesn’t need anyone else , people can take his own words for it..

Maybe he was lying and just trying to talk big, maybe not..

I personally don’t buy plane chics story, and slot of the other accusations aren’t even remotely assault.

However, the Clinton accusations are just as ridiculous.. which is why no one, not the cops, fbi nor the GOP led commission bought it..

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thank you for acknowledging my existence and your kindness.

I just keep coming back. I think I'm addicted to ATS.
edit on 22-12-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I don’t see any difference between a rapist and anti abortionist. Both think they have ownership Of another’s body part.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

again, she wasn't asking for taxpayer funds to pay for the abortion...
that money was provided through private funds..
and, she didn't need a sponsor for transportation, her legal representative was willing to transport her to the medical facility.. and a judge had approved of that arrangement, so the gov't appealed ...
that's when the idea that she would be allowed to have one if she could find a sponsor.
if she could find a qualified sponsor, she wouldn't be detained any longer but as long as she was in their detention center, there would be no abortion is pretty much what they were saying, money had nothing to do with it!

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
if she could find a qualified sponsor, she wouldn't be detained any longer but as long as she was in their detention center, there would be no abortion is pretty much what they were saying, money had nothing to do with it!

Well then lets get her home then, in her home country...deal? She came here pregnant and basically got arrested for an illegal active, as to her detention...

Then while in detention she demands to get an abortion due to personal reasons with no medical condition a part of those reasons... I don't see where we need to jump to her wants...

Personally if it was up to me I would let her then kick her back home, but then I do not know all the legal ramifications of what detention means to the rights and privileges you lose while there.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

she's a illegal unaccompanied minor... that is why she is being detained. if she had family here (a sponsor) they would release her to their care, but it sounds like they haven't found anyone. so, she sits in a detention center till immigration gets off their arse and arranges for her to go back to her home country, which the fact that it take so long for them to do that is much of the reason why we have sanctuary cities. why go out of your way to find the illegal immigrants when after you do, you end up with the costs of confining them till immigration decides to take them off your hands.

heck she probably would have had an anchor baby long before she would have been heading back home!
but my point was, that it didn't cost the taxpayers any money for her to get the abortion, it was all supplied by other means... outside of the costs of all the court costs the gov't incurred trying to prevent her from having it...

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

heck she probably would have had an anchor baby long before she would have been heading back home!
but my point was, that it didn't cost the taxpayers any money for her to get the abortion, it was all supplied by other means... outside of the costs of all the court costs the gov't incurred trying to prevent her from having it...

And my point is the title... "Underage refugee rape victim" really???

As I said I do not know the regulations for what a person in detention can and can not do. Do you?

Also

where rape victims can be barred from abortions by religious nuts, and where millions of religious fanatics would be delighted to turn their country into a Christian version of Saudi Arabia.

Once again what is allowed or not allowed? Got to attack the Christians and Trump...lol If I was in detention could I demand any number of elective surgeries too?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
she wasn`t even raped in America she was raped in another country, why should americans be stuck footing the bill for every rape victim in the world?
why set a precedence for every rape victim in the world to come to America to get their free tax payer funded abortion and then go home?
she should go back to the country she got raped in and get an abortion there and then illegally re-enter the U.S. or maybe liberals could start a go fund me page and pay for her abortion out of their own pockets?
edit on 23-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Moore is right about the 17th Amendment, Senators were chosen to represent the State, not the people since we already have the House of Representatives.

I believe his gripes about the 14th Amendment are related to anchor babies since it has been construed to giving the children of aliens citizenship simply for dropping a baby on our soil.

He's right about not having the kind of government our forefathers set out to create. We have deviated far and wide from that goal.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

where rape victims can be barred from abortions by religious nuts, and where millions of religious fanatics would be delighted to turn their country into a Christian version of Saudi Arabia.

this didn't come from any of my posts....
but, now that you mention it....
there's been an ongoing fight over the rights of minor immigrants and abortion, even during the obama administration. mainly because there was quite a few religious organizations latching onto those faith based dollars to start centers to "help" the poor immigrants... it seems that the trump administration have just adopted the same policies that these groups have been practicing.
I'll just repeat the main point that I made in my original post you responded to....

it didn't cost the taxpayers any money for her to get the abortion, it was all supplied by other means... outside of the costs of all the court costs the gov't incurred trying to prevent her from having it...

since it seems like you and a few others are so concerned about your precious taxes being wasted in this manner. I feel the need to assure you that your concern is unwarrented!!!

<< 1    3 >>

join