It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Chemtrails last Tuesday and it was really hot in New Jersey

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Aluminium makes up about 8% of the Earth's crust by mass. So is it really surprising that it is found in soil and the water supply?

Only if you believe chemtrails exist...other than that not at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The general rule of thumb is that it drops about 5.5 degrees per 1000 feet.

I have a noob-like question. Hopefully you can answer it. It is said that when sun falls on the moon, the temperature rises rapidly to 150 degrees or thereabouts. This in an environment with little to no atmosphere. When night falls the temperature plummets. Why does it get colder the higher a plane goes and the thinner the atmosphere, even when flying in direct sunlight? If you can answer, please put it in layman's terms.

Also what does the "fsme" in your avatar stand for? I've seen a few members with it and thought it was a mod thing but I've seen members who aren't mods who also sport the letters in their avatars. TIA

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The general rule of thumb is that it drops about 5.5 degrees per 1000 feet.

I have a noob-like question. Hopefully you can answer it. It is said that when sun falls on the moon, the temperature rises rapidly to 150 degrees or thereabouts. This in an environment with little to no atmosphere. When night falls the temperature plummets. Why does it get colder the higher a plane goes and the thinner the atmosphere, even when flying in direct sunlight? If you can answer, please put it in layman's terms.

TIA

It's because the pressure is lower and the air is thinner so there's fewer air molecules per unit volume to hold the heat

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

FSME is Forum Subject Matter Expert. It's not really used anymore but at one point the FSMEs had limited mod powers in the forum they were considered an expert in.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join