It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard of the Deep Space Gateway?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

Has anyone heard about the Deep Space Gateway? I did a search for it here in ATS but I don't see anything so here goes. Also, I am doing this on my cell do I'm not posting pictures. Apologies.

Anyway, the DSG is another Space station that will be built near the moon. Nasa says it will launch missions from there specifically Venus, and Mars.
This is the quick and dirty version. Anyone else heard of this. I feel as if I heard something when browsing something else but not sure. What says ATS about the Deep Space Gateway?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

If funded, the Gateway will be developed, serviced, and utilized in collaboration with commercial and international partners for use as a staging ground for robotic and crewed lunar surface missions and for travel to Mars.

Following the 'plan' to colonize-- erm Mine 'Space'. Now that we have a space station orbiting earth, putting one in Lunar orbit is the nest step.

Like they say though, Lunar surface 'Missions' (shout out to wealthy investors, back of room) will be the First-first step after a Lunar orbit Space Station.

The hell with exploration, we want all the gold.

Now all we need is some heavy lift vehicles, shuttles and a ton of funding-- (ahem) tax money.

edit on 22-12-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I think that it would be a good idea if used in conjunction with a lunar base. The moon is chock full of raw materials that could be used for fuel and construction of the vehicles used for interplanetary missions, negating the necessity of lifting those materials from the Earth's heavier gravity.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The moon is full of what minerals?
Any info about what is up there that isn't just hearsay

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It's a smart idea if you plan on having spacecraft going to other worlds that are large in size.

Launching anything from lunar orbit requires a LOT LESS fuel that from the surface of the Earth, or even in Earth orbit.

Another thing that helps is using resources from the Moon to build your craft. The Moon's much weaker gravity enables you to put those materials in orbit around the Moon at a fraction of the cost it would be to do the same from Earth

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

It's a smart idea if you plan on having spacecraft going to other worlds that are large in size.

Launching anything from lunar orbit requires a LOT LESS fuel that from the surface of the Earth, or even in Earth orbit.

Another thing that helps is using resources from the Moon to build your craft. The Moon's much weaker gravity enables you to put those materials in orbit around the Moon at a fraction of the cost it would be to do the same from Earth

I read just yesterday that there are plans to build much larger spacecraft for space transport. I think it's called the Deep Space Transport or DST. I'll check and get back to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Helium 3 which makes for excellent rocket fuel.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Makes sense to build future space stations at the Lagrange points in our system.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Geology of the Moon
Oxygen and hydrogen useful for rocket fuels.
Titanium, magnesium, iron and aluminum all useful for building spacecraft.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

“Yes, we know there are local concentrations of REE on the moon,” Pieters said, referring to rare earth elements by their acronym REE. “We also know from the returned samples that we have not sampled these REE concentrations directly, but can readily detect them along a mixing line with many of the samples we do have.”

“Yes, we know there are local concentrations of REE on the moon,” Pieters said, referring to rare earth elements by their acronym REE. “We also know from the returned samples that we have not sampled these REE concentrations directly, but can readily detect them along a mixing line with many of the samples we do have.”

sservi.nasa.gov...

Mining the Moon and Ocean: Top 5 Rare Earth Minerals for Future Tech

edgylabs.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Apparently, Helium 3 is also rather abundant which is rather a good source of energy if we even manage to burn the stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Helium 3 which makes for excellent rocket fuel.

If I'm not mistaken, Helium, being a "noble gas", doesn't burn.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

It's a fusion fuel, with no nasty radioactive by-products.

What will be really "noble" is when we get it working, fusion that is.

Said substance could, however, be used as fuel to power a fusion rocket.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with inter-dimensional portal. Grant Cameron recently reported that according to his CIA sources there is some kind of portal in our close neighborhood and it's likely responsible for millennia of interactions with UFOs

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Oxygen is the most abundant mineral on the moon. Contained in mineral oxides.
Lunar geology
Hearsay from me. But you can look it up.

edit on 22-12-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oxygen is an element, not a mineral.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oxygen is an element, not a mineral.

If you actually knew more about science, and read exactly what I typed, you would know that Oxygen when contained in minerals as an oxide is then considered the mineral oxygen. It's what scientists refer to it as.
You're always correcting people for ridiculous trivialities.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
think this thread is about it, search didnt take long www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
If you actually knew more about science, and read exactly what I typed, you would know that Oxygen when contained in minerals as an oxide is then considered the mineral oxygen.

I didn't know that, could you point to a scientific reference?
Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

OBJECTIVES: Learning that minerals are made of elements and compounds. Discussing the key characteristics of minerals. VOCABULARY:

referrence

On the moon, oxygen is the most abundant thing there, but it's contained in minerals, hence the use of the term.

I could have originally just called it the element Oxygen and saved all the trouble, but talking of the moon and it's minerals is commonly referred to for everything on the moon. It's a big ball of minerals

PS: Iron and Calcium are also very abundant on the moon and are referred to as some of minerals of the moon even though they are also elements, but are contained in minerals..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join