It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Fudge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I put cayenne in my gingerbread cake.

I also put it in my gender neutral ginger bread anthropomorphs.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: rickymouse

While I love things like fudge and cookies, my actual bane is chilled fresh fruit!

I really like blueberry and cherry pie and berry rich deserts. They do not seem to spike my sugar and make me make too much insulin like apple deserts and cakes do. I got a chance to see someone I knew who was a nutritional expert working in dialysis, we discussed a lot of stuff while picking berries. I told her to look up some stuff about the potato having the vitamin D hormone and I learned from her that people who pee a lot often wind up on dialasis to add nutrients. One thing is that the kidney is needed in the final step to turn vitamin D into the hormone. Before that the sun is needed to convert it. Problems with kidneys disrupt the conversion. The active hormone in the potato can actually be problematic if you eat too much and that hormone does not show up on the vitamin D test results. She has probably already looked up what I told her to look up. Whether she can tell any people about that is probably not going to happen.

She told me that in berries there is a natural chemistry that moderates sugar in the body. I wish I could spend time with some experts in the fields discussing stuff like this, I have knowledge they do not know of and they have knowledge I have not yet researched.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Wow....so simple it's dangerous!!!!

I would have to make a batch with pecans, I think.

Maybe cashews and coconut.

Or slivered almonds?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

that and the amount of starches in the potato that turns into sugars when you eat it.

Potato, another of my favorite foods.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just made some, but I don't know if I can wait several hours. Fresh snow, cup of coffee, and fudge. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Sticking it in the freezer will make it set a lot faster.

Don't forget about it though, or you'll have frozen fudge, heh.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I have all those things in the cupboard right now. I'm thinking coconut in dark chocolate with almond would taste like almond joy and milk chocolate and pecans and raisins would taste like those old chunky bars. I could do a whole candy bar dupes series.
Blood sugar? What blood sugar...

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Those would be great combos!!!
I loved Chunkys....so that combo

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Okay, as strange as this sounds, here is my "recipe" I got it about 20 years ago from a coworker. The taste and texture was so good thatI didn't believe her recipe at first.

Here it is:

1 bag of chocolate chips
1 can of ready made frosting (just not the whipped kind)
walnuts (optional)

Before you begin, butter your pan. I use 8* square foil pans from the dollar tree. Once the fudge is cooled and firm, I basically peel the pan off of the fudge, cut the fudge and throw the pan away.

Melt the entire bag of chocolate chips over medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat and (quickly) mix in the entire can of frosting. Make sure it is mixed well. Now add walnuts, if desired (or other mix-ins).

Pour into pan. I usually use a silicone spatula to spread it out. If not done fast enough, it can thicken up to where I have had to briefly put it back on the stove to just slightly melt it again to make it more spreadable. It is very forgiving. Refrigerate until firm.

I have done this with different flavor chips, different flavors of frosting, and other mix-ins including chopped up mounds bars, pecans, chopped reese's peanut butter cups, m & m's.

There's a near endless combination with just 2 main ingredients.

I have had many people ask for the recipe over the years and none of them believe that these 2 ingredients make such a good fudge.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: justme2470

Cool!

I immediately thought about cheese cake frosting! Certainly the variety of frostings out there would lead to a lot more combinations of flavor out there.

I will have to try this one when I get a chance.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Me too. That first big bite...hmmmm.
Merry Christmas DTOM.
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Erik my dear you are not awful.
This recipe has been such a hit. I made chocolate with chopped pecans to bring to the post. I made some for us too. Then I made some chocolate with toasted coconut. Yummmm..
Last night I made peanut butter and sprinkled the top with coarse kosher salt. O...M...G...

You've unleashed a monster.
You also didn't say what a work out stirring that is.
The first one I was so consumed with making it perfectly smooth and stirring in the nuts that I left the vanilla out. It didn't seem to effect it too much.

Now I see blood sugar issues in my future.
You're not awful but you're a devil. Lol

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Learned to cook from my mom. I wouldn't stay out of the kitchen because I was too curious, so she put me to work.

I remember her stirring like there was no tomorrow.

Gotta put that elbow grease into she'd tell me.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yeah I remember elbow grease and I remember looking under the sink for it the first time my mother told me to use it. Swear its true.

I have three sons and they all cook and they all thank me for sparking that interest. Two work in the food industry.
edit on 142018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Good on you!

Except for my 15 year old step son, all of my kids are grown with their own families. I tried to get them interested in the kitchen, but they just weren't and so have learned on their own over the years.

They do call me up every once in a while to ask for the recipe of something I used to make them though, hehehehe.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Mine are grown too. My baby just turned 21. They all live in their own. The oldest is married.

I'm already thinking about the next fudge I'm going to make. That peanut butter is the bomb. Thanks so much for that easy recipe. I told my husband how to make it and he was like you don't have to bake it? You didn't add sugar? And like you just melt the chips in the milk. He thinks I'm a magician now.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So yeah.

I made it.

A few times.

Couple mistakes.

DONT use evaporated make sure its condensed or you get a solid brick ASAP.

Read the instructions dont look at it like its a picture.

WHY?

Because you shouldn't combine all ingredients at once.

What else?

BRING TO A BOIL STIR FOR 4-5 MIN!!!!!

THEN ADD

Have the tray ready lined w foil.

Condensed Milk = Softer More Fudge Like Fudge.

Or follow 1 recipe instead of combining two in mah head.

SO IT WAS WRITTEN.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Oh yeah Salted Caramel turned out fine, now I'm the kewl guy at work.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
OH OK

so i even made that one wrong haha

Today I shall try again and actually make it 100%

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just thought I'd bump this thread again because I'm making this today.
This gets the best results ever.
Thanks Erikthe...not awful at all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join