It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Fudge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No more complex fudge recipes for me! Done I am with trying to make from scratch with granulated sugars, marshmellow creams, and ending up with goopy messes!

Simply using 3 ingredients and I end up with store bought fudge that all the family and friends love.

All you need is:

1 can of Condensed Sweetened Milk
3 cups of chips
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

That's it.

Here's how to do it.

Get yer one 14 ounce can of Condensed Sweetened Milk (NOT EVAPORATED MILK!):

Pour it into a sauce pan on medium heat.

Add 3 cups of your chips you want to use. A 11.5 ounce bag of chocolate chips is 2 cups, so you'll be using 1 1/2 bags:

What type you use is up to you. I've done this with Milk Chocolate, Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Special Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter / Chocolate mix.

Constantly stir the milk and chips in the pan until it has completely melted the chips, then removed from heat.

Add 1 teaspoon of your vanilla extract:

Stir it in really good. Then pour your mixture into a pan, like a 8 inch cake pan with either wax paper or parchment paper in it:

Let set for several hours until firm. I normally will let it set for about an hour, then toss it in the fridge for a couple of hours so it will really set firmly.

Then pull out of the pan, peel away the wax paper, and cut up into bite sized chunks:

This is my favorite way of making fudge now. Easy and quite fast too.

Anyone have some of their favorite ways of making fudge?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Make me some dark chocolate with a sprinkle of cayenne and I'm in.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Spicy Dark, eh??

I keep meaning to get the caramel chips and see how they come out.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Yes sir. Big fan of Mexican style chocolate, I like how a hint of pepper enhances the flavor.

Goes well with a glass of port too.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Just wanted to say yes! yes! yes!

This is the best fudge recipe I've ever found -- both easy and delicious -- and it's become a holiday favorite. I even make it as gifts for neighbors and they love it.

The one problem I've found is that it's just too easy to eat way too much

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mmmm! I can't wait to try this. But I don't have sweetened condensed milk, can I substitute pineapple juice? And I don't have chips, can I substitute vodka?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I use a can of condensed milk,5 slabs of white choc,and just let the choc get melted into the condensed milk,it hardly needs cooking.Add a tsp of vanilla essence as i take the pot off the plate.I pour it on a base of crushed Oreos i have waiting in a square tray that i sprayed with that non stick stuff,you know,you get various types.I made a thread in the food section about it some time ago.Super easy and very delish.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Mmmm! I can't wait to try this. But I don't have sweetened condensed milk, can I substitute pineapple juice? And I don't have chips, can I substitute vodka?

Uhm.......

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Damn you...now I want fudge at 10am!

Thanks for the recipe...even with my extremely limited cooking skills I can handle this one.
I'll try to make a few batches for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

Damn you...now I want fudge at 10am!

Thanks for the recipe...even with my extremely limited cooking skills I can handle this one.
I'll try to make a few batches for Christmas.

Hey, I'm a Type 2 diabetic, so how do you think I feel?

Still, I make goodies like this for friends and family.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is good stuff

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Here's a true confession from me... I eat that stuff right out of the can.
I know I know... only a teaspoon....or two...
I'm going to try your recipe today.
I'm making a tray of treats for the veterans at the VFW tonight.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I put cayenne in my gingerbread cake. I top it with a lemon juice and confectioners sugar glaze.

PS but the secret secret ingredient is Chinese five spice I get at the Asian market.
edit on 12222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Here's a true confession from me... I eat that stuff right out of the can.
I know I know... only a teaspoon....or two...
I'm going to try your recipe today.
I'm making a tray of treats for the veterans at the VFW tonight.

As a lifetime member of the VFW: Thank you. Nice to see and hear about.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Thanks for your service. My daddy and brother served.

The Navy presented us a flag for my father last year. He served at Pearl Harbor when he was seventeen years old.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Nice, thanks for the thread!
I made some dulce de leche using sweetened condensed coconut milk yesterday and some fudge would compliment those gifts really well.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I've made dulce de leche too using a crock pot and a can of condensed milk. Turned out great!

You place the can on it's side in the crock pot and put hot water in it to where the water is about 2 inches above the can. Cover and turn it on Low and let it cook for about 6 to 8 hours.

Pull it out and run cold water over it before opening it up.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Ha ha, yes I used the crockpot for my recipe! Good idea though on turning it on its side- I used 2 cans and the water was quite high.

Very easy but, even more importantly, very delicious. I plan on making a regular milk dulce de leche and giving out both (dairy free coconut and regular).

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is an evil thread. I am allergic to the protein in milk and high sugar foods trigger my reactive hypoglycemia. The fudge is not a problem if I keep eating a piece every hour, but when my crash comes at night, the next morning I have brain fog and a headache.

Totally worth it if the sweets are really good though. My wife loves those kind of things, I think she is trying to kill me. I have had hypoglycemia all my life and was informed many years ago not to overindulge by doctors and more doctors, and I have had problems all my life....I guess I am just not that smart.
But it seems that it is always so much fun breaking the rules that the doctors tell you you should follow. Being naughty is fun. Do I get a buzz from sweets.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

While I love things like fudge and cookies, my actual bane is chilled fresh fruit!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join