It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the British NHS breaking EU LAW (Article 35)relating to the rights of citizens to health care?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Then why complain?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Then why complain?

The complaint is its underfunded.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Let me just start by saying that if the Nurse really did tell you that your asthma was "life threatening" then her or she should have just called you ambulance right away. If h/she told you to go get a appointment with your GP then it wasn't life threatening.

that however is really my only criticism of your OP.

The Truth is that the NHS is screwed, the public and the politicians I honesty don't think fully understand just how bad it is and just how close to the end the NHS actually is. Those of us who work in the NHS have been screaming for years about just how bad things have gotten but nobody is actually doing anything about it. The Nursing profession has been destroyed a 14% real time cut over the last 10 years or so in pay, yet the government can give 1.4Bn to the DUP so they can keep their power, the backbone off the NHS is nursing staff, most of us are about the retire. Its not just nursing either but medicine is the same, why would anyone want to be a doctor these days!!!!

Now you OP are the unfortunate patient at the end of all of the politics around this who gets screwed over, I think living with bipolar bust be awful. The NHS should be their for you, free, at point of use, universally when you need it, you needed it and were let down by the system because the system can no longer provide the mental health infrastructure required to help out folk like you when you need it.

The system then, is broken.

Its so broken that I don't think it can be fixed at this point, I honestly do not believe that by the end of the next decade we will still have a NHS. The task of fixing things is just too big, the cost would be immense, they would have to rewrite a whole range of policies, the culture with in the professions that make up the NHS needs to change and patient expectations also need to change.

It sucks but thats how it is.

We broke our NHS.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Ah yes, then you must over fund it. That will make it work.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Ah yes, then you must over fund it. That will make it work.

UK spends about half what the US does as % of GDP. I think we have a bit of room to increase funding before we hit over funding...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I like to think the NHS can still be saved and even become the service it should be.

It was would however require some honesty about how far behind we are on other countries on spending on healthcare.

We need a significant (double figures) real term increase on spending on the NHS over the next ten years.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
Maybe if we didn't have so many EU Nationals clogging up our system you would get an appointment. Better off out.

Those damn foreigners that go to your country, pay their taxes and are treated like #. Poor British.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join