It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Jedi the racial diversity and gender political empowered movie -spoilers.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So you didn’t like the movie because there are not enough white males in it any more.

Ok.....

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I was disappointed in the last movie, with some black African guy as a Stormtrooper.

I thought in episode 3 or 7 or 25, they were all clones of a New Zealand Maori??

Haven't seen the new one...will wait for the Blueray.

So they have a Black guy, a Chinese girl, do they have a fat guy yet? or a redhead girl with freckles? Not to forget a dumb blonde girl too?

I was hoping that Rogan Josh or whoever, was going to be the Lovable, Fat, white, funny, Jew guy of Hollywood.

Sadly he lost weight, and became unlovable and obnoxious.

What happened to Chris Farley and John Candy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Imagine a world where the Fleishers had won the cartoon wars.
Imagine if you can.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So you didn’t like the movie because there are not enough white males in it any more.

Ok.....

I do not care if it was flying pigs, it's about how they destroyed Star Wars history to make way for BLM and woman rights, politics have no place in the middle of a movie trilogy'.
But knowing you on ATS, you would be the last to understand anything

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I waited in a long line to get into the theater when the original came out. Think I've seen the first three in the series. I have zero interest in any of the new movies now. The spoilers on this thread have no meaning to me and I could care less. But I knew that Disney would destroy the story. They ruin every legend, myth and fairy tale they get their hands on, why should a modern day fairy tale be any different?

Personally, to me CGI and poor writing have laid waste to the art of cinema. I can endure poorly written plots if the characters are good or I can like a movie with a good plot but poor execution due to limited financing. Cult movies, you either love them or hate them, there is no middle ground there. That probably can apply to the new Star Wars movies, but I can't be certain because I haven't watched them or even care to rent them when they come out on DVDs. I don't feel a loss but I'm sure they have killed it. Rest in Peace Sci-Fi cinema, all that is left are mindless zombies without a soul.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The empire of the original was a metaphor for racism, politics has always been part of Star Wars.

It annoys me when people try to push their own agenda into it. Who cares if the lead is a girl and they have a good guy black character.

Po Dameron is white and he is a good guy, luke is white, Leia also white, holdo, white and so the list goes on.

Look at the original only one black guy in the entire galaxy!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The empire of the original was a metaphor for racism, politics has always been part of Star Wars.

It annoys me when people try to push their own agenda into it. Who cares if the lead is a girl and they have a good guy black character.

Po Dameron is white and he is a good guy, luke is white, Leia also white, holdo, white and so the list goes on.

Look at the original only one black guy in the entire galaxy!

Its still not a good movie...

Star Wars is dead for me, i wish i could unsee it, but its to late, i allready watched that crap - but NEVER again!!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I was not pissed at the fact there was racial and gender diversity. That means nothing to me.

I was pissed due to the fact they made luke a mopping depressed hobo loser and they killed snoke without telling us anything about him.

I was pissed at lazy writing.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
I was disappointed in the last movie, with some black African guy as a Stormtrooper.

I thought in episode 3 or 7 or 25, they were all clones of a New Zealand Maori??

Haven't seen the new one...will wait for the Blueray.

Nope

After the rise of the empire, palpy banned all clonning so it could not be used against him. After that storm Troopers became recruits to replenish the clones that died or became to old to serve.

So yes, storm troopers can be black.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Maybe the movie was just what it was, with people doing space things?

Yeah # and full of plot holes.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
*No lightsaber duel.

Really? What was that scene in Snoke's throne room or at the end with Luke and Ben?

It had exactly the same number of lightsaber duels as The Empire Strike Back and I'm being generous by counting the Luke/Vader scene on Dagobah.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Agreed I also enjoy the first minutes when Poe Demeron dragged his Xwing across the Dreadnought.

Although bombing the Dreadnought could obviously be done the way they chose to do it if that ship had some kind of gravity amplifiers that exceeded the ships hull.

If there's one who could take the lead here it's him imo

And those two lovebirds kylo Ren and Ray should have maried after the fight..

And the transgendered wookie should have eaten that pokemon

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
And the transgendered wookie should have eaten that pokemon

I like it, it could have been an unsubtle metaphor for hormone therapy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah well they chose to carry that muppet across the galaxy
edit on 0b21America/ChicagoFri, 22 Dec 2017 06:44:21 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 22 Dec 2017 06:44:21 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Well, at least they had the original muppet back to school Luke again.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

If they want to change this quickly then I suggest they turn it into a next generation baby yoda kind of jedi

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

They should also make him white.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Yeah now you mentioned that did it not had the same colors as BB8 what are they up too?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Yeah now you mentioned that did it not had the same colors as BB8 what are they up too?

People are forgetting about BB-9E (BB Hate), the evil black droid of the First Order. I hear he has the death sentence in Cook County, IL.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

That's something I miss too , the diversity of droids why using a droid that almost looks the same as BB8 and leaving all the cool droids like K-2SO out of the game. He actually had some cool kind of humor

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join