It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN GA resolution: the list of countries voting against us

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You assume many things.

Without concrete evidence to back it up.

edit on 22-12-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: StallionDuck

a reply to: dragonridr
Only a fool would think military trading agreements are 'aid' in the charitable sense you imply. You sell arms and agree a price with the customer. I have already used research a development costs example as Ford whining that selling it's cars is aid to customers - ridiculous.

And your airbases go ahead close them, nobody is invading the UK anytime soon, your fears are so last year and cold war paranoid.

So yeh, Britain doesn't depend on any US aid but we'll keep on buying your arms if they are any good. Close your airbases, the UK isn't begging you to keep them here.

Lmao, I just realised by your definition of aid that the UK provides billions in aid to Saudi Arabia through our arms sales. See how ridiculous that sounds lol

An unprotected "UK" is a conquered UK. I believe if you take the US presence out of Europe 100%, there would soon come war. Do you really think people/dictators have grown up and just disappeared from the earth since WWI and WW2? Since the beginning of cities and armies? History says NO and it rinses and repeats often, and much of the time, many times in the same century. What's so different now?

You may belive that but I do not.Pure speculation but cute you think the US keeps the world safe because many could well argue the opposite.
I would be happy with none of your bases in the UK because I do not share your fear.
You may believe we need your protective embrace but I do not.Neither of us can know.

Has history taught you nothing? C'mon. The UK, more than many countries, should understand history and how it works.

You're welcome to believe what you like. Your government believes otherwise and we have the weapons/defenses to prove it. We're the only country in the world that could match and far surpass Russia's arsenal. We are THE Superpower. The US is still at the top of that list. "Wont be for long". Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Militarily, we are unmatched. Trust me. The UK wants and needs us in the region.
edit on 22-12-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

You assume many things.

Without concrete evidence to back it up.

No. Just pointing out the irrelevance of suggesting business investment in the US is going to dry up because of naming a capital in Israel. It's hardly an assumption to assume that investors will invest for the greatest return.

A bunch of stuffed suits sat around a table and vented at their loss of power and influence - that's about the sum of it - followed by a bunch of emotional posters on the internet consuming 'news' and making spurious connections without having the first clue on what they are talking about.
edit on 22/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr
Only a fool would think military trading agreements are 'aid' in the charitable sense you imply. You sell arms and agree a price with the customer. I have already used research a development costs example as Ford whining that selling it's cars is aid to customers - ridiculous.

And your airbases go ahead close them, nobody is invading the UK anytime soon, your fears are so last year and cold war paranoid.

So yeh, Britain doesn't depend on any US aid but we'll keep on buying your arms if they are any good. Close your airbases, the UK isn't begging you to keep them here.

Lmao, I just realised by your definition of aid that the UK provides billions in aid to Saudi Arabia through our arms sales. See how ridiculous that sounds lol

An unprotected "UK" is a conquered UK. I believe if you take the US presence out of Europe 100%, there would soon come war. Do you really think people/dictators have grown up and just disappeared from the earth since WWI and WW2? Since the beginning of cities and armies? History says NO and it rinses and repeats often, and much of the time, many times in the same century. What's so different now?

You may belive that but I do not.Pure speculation but cute you think the US keeps the world safe because many could well argue the opposite.
I would be happy with none of your bases in the UK because I do not share your fear.
You may believe we need your protective embrace but I do not.Neither of us can know.

Has history taught you nothing? C'mon. The UK, more than many countries, should understand history and how it works.

You're welcome to believe what you like. Your government believes otherwise and we have the weapons/defenses to prove it. We're the only country in the world that could match and far surpass Russia's arsenal. We are THE Superpower. The US is still at the top of that list. "Wont be for long". Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Militarily, we are unmatched. Trust me. The UK wants and needs us in the region.

Again all your personal belief but interesting thoughts.The region in general may benefit from US presence specifically countries bordering Russia but UK not so much in my opinion.
We may as well leave it there though or we will be repeating ourselves

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's hardly an assumption to assume that investors will invest for the greatest return

They can do that NOW.

So where are they ?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's hardly an assumption to assume that investors will invest for the greatest return

They can do that NOW.

So where are they ?

You already posted a link that shows the UK as largest foreign investor in the US over the 10 or so yrs from 2004-14.
I will post your own link for you
ofii.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They can do that NOW.

So where are they ?

You already posted a link that shows the UK as largest foreign investor in the US over the 10 or so yrs from 2004-14.
ofii.org...

You implied that if The U.K. pulled investment out of The U.S. other countries would fill the void.

As i stated, countries could do that now. So i ask again, where are they ?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

They can do that NOW.

So where are they ?

ofii.org...

You implied that if The U.K. pulled investment out of The U.S. other countries would fill the void.

No, I didn't.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

They can do that NOW.

So where are they ?

ofii.org...

No, I didn't.

You appear to have short term memory loss.

I quote you.

so even if some looney board acted emotionally about Israel instead of doing thier jobs, those very few cases will be more than offset

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

They can do that NOW.

So where are they ?

ofii.org...

No, I didn't.

I quote you.

so even if some looney board acted emotionally about Israel instead of doing thier jobs, those very few cases will be more than offset

And where pray tell, does that mention other countries making up for the UK pulling investment from the US (which was your initial rather silly notion)?

I am not sure memory loss is your problem, rather a lack of basic reading and comprehension skills.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

They can do that NOW.

So where are they ?

ofii.org...

No, I didn't.

I quote you.

And where pray tell, does that mention other countries making up for the UK pulling investment from the US (which was your initial rather silly notion)?

I am not sure memory loss is your problem, rather a lack of basic reading and comprehension skills.

Here. And i quote you again.

No. Just pointing out the irrelevance of suggesting business investment in the US is going to dry up because of naming a capital in Israel. It's hardly an assumption to assume that investors will invest for the greatest return.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

They can do that NOW.

So where are they ?

ofii.org...

No, I didn't.

I quote you.

Here. And i quote you again.

...and where does that say that other countries will replace UK investment in the US???
Have you been drinking? Lie down for a while or turn on Eastenders or something.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Apologies gentlemen for involving myself in your conversation but I think the misunderstanding only happened after a US member made out that UK is desperate for US "aid" to survive.
"Alldaylong" was originally pointing out that trading with the US is a two way street and they would miss massive UK investment. The real issue I see is that we rubbish the myth that we need to cling to US skirt tails like some Stockholm syndrome who love our super power protective overlords. Failure to denounce it only massages the egos of 'Murica members who are butt hurt that the UK voted against Trump lol

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Apologies gentlemen for involving myself in your conversation but I think the misunderstanding only happened after a US member made out that UK is desperate for US "aid" to survive.
"Alldaylong" was originally pointing out that trading with the US is a two way street and they would miss massive UK investment. The real issue I see is that we rubbish the myth that we need to cling to US skirt tails like some Stockholm syndrome who love our super power protective overlords. Failure to denounce it only massages the egos of 'Murica members who are butt hurt that the UK voted against Trump lol

Hey, it's a forum - you are quite welcome

There won't be some investment drain from the UK because America wants to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Businesses act on self-interest and will go where the perceived biggest return is.

As for the UK in general, after Brexit it would be a lonely little island indeed if the US was also alienated. Not a good time for the UK govt to pretend it doesn't need the US.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Excellent points made UK. I appreciate your insight.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: amazing
You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. It's one little vote. They disagree with us on something, they're not declaring war on us, and good heaven's they aren't even "unfriending" us. LOL

It's okay special snowflakes. LOL

AS you grow older, you'll learn that it's okay to have disagreements and that people that disagree with you can still be your friends. You'll also learn that you won't be right about everything. Some how in American society, we seem to think that once we reach the age of 18 we're magically right about everything. That's going to be a hard lesson for some of you to learn, you must accept that you are wrong sometimes.

Voting has consequences, does it not?

But minor in this case. minor consequences. Next year we won't even remember this happened. 2 months from now we won't even remember this happened.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. It's one little vote. They disagree with us on something, they're not declaring war on us, and good heaven's they aren't even "unfriending" us. LOL

It's okay special snowflakes. LOL

AS you grow older, you'll learn that it's okay to have disagreements and that people that disagree with you can still be your friends. You'll also learn that you won't be right about everything. Some how in American society, we seem to think that once we reach the age of 18 we're magically right about everything. That's going to be a hard lesson for some of you to learn, you must accept that you are wrong sometimes.

Apparently you didn't read some of the harsh comments from some of the countries leaders about this vote.

You're right. Those "Harsh" words will really effect us and change the lives of Israelis and Palestinians. Trump will probably resign because of this and the price of eggs and milk will skyrocket. I should probably close my business down, sell my house and build a bunker in the woods.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: StallionDuck

With no USA in Europe/UK then Russia would just take over. We can't compete against Russian military technology without USA help.

By that premise, Russia could sweep over the border into China.

They havn't though have they ?

Russia sweep into China? Number one, China has a massive military that could compete with Russia and dwarf them 10/1 in manpower, number two why on Earth would Russia want to invade China? They don't need more land do they? Russia is the biggest country on planet Earth by a mile, surely there's nothing in China to pull in the Russians.

But when it comes to Europe they are interested in getting back some of their lands lost at the end of the Cold War. Russin military dwarfs anything a European state can offer plus it is technologically far superior to any European military. Europe needs the Yanks to keep out the Russians.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It must really burn the Trump haters that the most empowered woman in the USA right now is of minority descent and in the Trump administration.
Nikki Haley - born Nimrata Randhawa to an American Sikh family.

I am sure she's just a racist though... I mean just look at that Nazi salute

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It must really burn the Trump haters that the most empowered woman in the USA right now is of minority descent and in the Trump administration.

The most empowered woman, in the US, is the same woman it has been for the last decade. Haley is not her.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join