It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN GA resolution: the list of countries voting against us

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Oh goodness.

It just occurred to me. France voted against the US!

Does that mean we have to change all the fast food menus from "French Fries" to "Freedom Fries" again?

-dex

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Wreckclues
a reply to: JBurns

Will the US boycott these countries? Or will we cut off aid?

I just crunched the numbers from 2016 (yah, I have no life) if we cut off all aid we stand to save $21,508,752,498, which seems kind of low maybe my calculator broke...
Of all the nations that voted against us only Iceland, Ireland and Norway receive no aid, but we will likely lose $863,206 from the Netherlands

explorer.usaid.gov...

UK voted against US.
UK receives no charity from US.
UK buys your military hardware and US gets Airstrip One.
It ain't charity or aid as most people regard aid and charity.

Your wrong the UK couldn't afford advanced weapons budgets but get full access to us military technology. Also get to cut back military expenses knowing US military helps defend the UK. Then the US also supplies the nuclear subs with strident something at the moment the UK is incapable of doing. The UK also receives benefits from US citizens visiting and spending huge amounts on tourism because many Americans assumed them to be a friend. 22.5 billion £ in 2016 is a huge boost to an economy. Losing the ally status for the UK would deeply effect their economy.

It is not aid in the sense of charity for goodness sake.The UK purchases US military hardware, it is not a gift. And if you accounting for research and development costs then that is as silly as Ford claiming anyone who buys their cars is receiving aid from them lol
Tourism isn't "aid" either lmao.
Nope the UK receives no cash aid from the US no matter how hard you try to spin it so any comments that UK should be grateful and vote for America in the UN is well, ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Lysergic

Indeed, however it clearly illustrates who our friends are. I fully expect the US to stand beside these great nations as they have stood by us.

Maybe it's just me but i thought proper friends aren't afraid to tell you when you're wrong or just being an idiot?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

And that's the way Togo!

Les giggles.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
You missed the key word in your own post - rent via contract
Break your lease agreement and see what happens...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I hope USA will declare war on all those countries who are so bad to have other opinion.

And your argument about Afghanistan ... it is pure jewel. USA are doing Afghanistan in Afghanistan for last 15 years.

USA are pathetic just now. Every body hates USA. Do you expect real loyalty to bully especially on this subject?

BTW to whom we should be loyal? Your president is changing opinions like trousers and other - probably more important institutions - are apparently in some kind of civil war.

We, humble foreign vassals, are unsure who is our truly Lord at this difficult times.
edit on 22-12-2017 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Look at all the money we save. That's billions saved every year now that we can pump into our economy and military.

Derp derp derp.
I bet you give Israel annually more money than to those countries that voted against combined. But muh jews muh Bible muh holy land.
Between, do you think USA hands out money for nothing? Go ahead, cut your fundings, withdraw your troops. China is ready to take over.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Can't you see what a joke of a president Trump is? He says that those who vote against will be sanctioned economically yet they still give him a big fat middle finger

Trumps presidency has suffered huge blows so far this year but this one is the biggest one. Rofl
edit on 22-12-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Wreckclues

Will the US boycott these countries? Or will we cut off aid?

I just crunched the numbers from 2016 (yah, I have no life) if we cut off all aid we stand to save $21,508,752,498, which seems kind of low maybe my calculator broke...
Of all the nations that voted against us only Iceland, Ireland and Norway receive no aid, but we will likely lose $863,206 from the Netherlands

explorer.usaid.gov...

UK voted against US.
UK receives no charity from US.
UK buys your military hardware and US gets Airstrip One.
It ain't charity or aid as most people regard aid and charity.

Your wrong the UK couldn't afford advanced weapons budgets but get full access to us military technology. Also get to cut back military expenses knowing US military helps defend the UK. Then the US also supplies the nuclear subs with strident something at the moment the UK is incapable of doing. The UK also receives benefits from US citizens visiting and spending huge amounts on tourism because many Americans assumed them to be a friend. 22.5 billion £ in 2016 is a huge boost to an economy. Losing the ally status for the UK would deeply effect their economy.

It is not aid in the sense of charity for goodness sake.The UK purchases US military hardware, it is not a gift. And if you accounting for research and development costs then that is as silly as Ford claiming anyone who buys their cars is receiving aid from them lol
Tourism isn't "aid" either lmao.
Nope the UK receives no cash aid from the US no matter how hard you try to spin it so any comments that UK should be grateful and vote for America in the UN is well, ridiculous.

Your a fool if you think the UK military doesnt benefit from US military. Buying it means nothing look at stealth fighters Russia has countries buy in to their development program just to be able to purchase. The UK is never charged development costs and buys it at same cost as US orders. Meaning they get weapons capabilities well beyond what they can afford. As I mentioned they built new subs but had nothing to arm them with so they get supplied trident.

If the UK had to develop their own tech there wouldn't be money left to buy lunch. They also know if they need assistance in battlefield awareness they rely on US satellites and recon. They also rely on US troops to protect the UK don't kid yourself US basses in the UK are far less important then Germany or even Turkey. They are there solely to prevent an attack on the UK from a strategic point of view should have been closed.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You do realise that UK scientists are heavily involved in US military r and d?

If not then i suggest reading up on it.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Question is, where are those weapons used. Ugly things starts to appear.

BTW are not US special forces stationed in Niger tasked to streamline "refugee" wave to Europe?

PS: USA are reason why are people fleeing from predominantly Muslim countries. Why are not USA primary destination?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Only a fool would think military trading agreements are 'aid' in the charitable sense you imply. You sell arms and agree a price with the customer. I have already used research a development costs example as Ford whining that selling it's cars is aid to customers - ridiculous.

And your airbases go ahead close them, nobody is invading the UK anytime soon, your fears are so last year and cold war paranoid.

So yeh, Britain doesn't depend on any US aid but we'll keep on buying your arms if they are any good. Close your airbases, the UK isn't begging you to keep them here.

Lmao, I just realised by your definition of aid that the UK provides billions in aid to Saudi Arabia through our arms sales. See how ridiculous that sounds lol
edit on 22-12-2017 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Hazardous1408

That is under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic and Consular Relations of 1963, which the United States has violated routinely, most recently when it seized Russian Federation diplomatic and consular properties in San Fransisco in September. The "treaty" doesn't really matter. The UN could be ordered to pack up shop in Manhattan tomorrow and they would be forced to leave, after which time the US could and would reclaim the properties.

Unless some fed judge holdout from hawaii puts a block on it.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

BTW others have nice toys. Namely Russians. Cheaper and reliable ... as AK47 still is.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

" UK receives no charity from US. "

That is an Erroneous Statement . The United States accounts for the United Kingdom's largest single export market, buying $57 billion worth of British goods in 2007. Total trade of imports and exports between the United Kingdom and the United States amounted to the sum of $107.2 billion in 2007

That Trade Deal Sure Sounds Like U.S. Charity to me.........

Waitrose brand products suck.

Stupid name too.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dembow
Wonder what happens to the dollar, if everybody stops trading with it. Specially oil producing countries. No reserve currency status....no superpower status.

Drill baby, drill!

Energy independence soon. F'em.

Try to buy something from the US with rupies or drachmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm not military geek but what I see is demise of USA as dominant military power. Its strategy seems to be based on WWII naval battle groups spiked up by cruise missiles.

Russia is developing complex and modular really defense systems much faster than corrupted "defense" industry in USA is able to develop F35. Window of opportunity have closed and USA have no longer power to occupy or military defeat Russia. Just stay out of its borders.

BTW ... I was genuine russionphobe until I understood those guys forming US "foreign" policy. Bitching about human rights while preparing another war. What "we" (as western countries) have done in Libya? Common folk had much better living there then in Egypt before and now they have civil war.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

" UK receives no charity from US. "

That is an Erroneous Statement . The United States accounts for the United Kingdom's largest single export market, buying $57 billion worth of British goods in 2007. Total trade of imports and exports between the United Kingdom and the United States amounted to the sum of $107.2 billion in 2007

That Trade Deal Sure Sounds Like U.S. Charity to me.........

Waitrose brand products suck.

Stupid name too.

Just sayin'

You won't find any GM food in UK stores, or chlorine washed chickens, or beef pumped full of hormones.
Say what you like about UK products but there is a reason most of your crap food is banned for sale as human consumption in the UK and Europe.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

I am sure this move raised many eyebrows

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Here is a list of countries who voted for the resolution, including those who abstained from the vote or were otherwise not present.

PS: A special thanks is deserved by Canada and Mexico, for standing beside the United States. Although we may have our disagreements of the day, we share the same continent and I have no doubt our President and our people will not forget the fact that you stood by us.

I also feel the same. It saddens me to see so many people/countries that are against the people of Israel.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join