It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN GA resolution: the list of countries voting against us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

That is under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic and Consular Relations of 1963, which the United States has violated routinely, most recently when it seized Russian Federation diplomatic and consular properties in San Fransisco in September. The "treaty" doesn't really matter. The UN could be ordered to pack up shop in Manhattan tomorrow and they would be forced to leave, after which time the US could and would reclaim the properties.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

By cutting off foreign "aid" (otherwise known as kickbacks for favours), the US will lose any leverage you've had in the Middle East and elsewhere.

And it's not just proxy wars we're talking about here.

You pay to play... it's what continues to gives you guys 'pole position' on the world stage.

It's an economic strategy, a resource management strategy, and a military strategy.... all rolled up into one.

Pretty damn smart strategy, if you ask me.

And your president may have just blown that ship right out of the water, decades and decades of hard-earned strategic leverage... right out of the fricken water.

This knee-jerk reaction of his could end up to be his dumbest move to date.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Well, it was actually the resolution that has no legal bindings. The security council resolution (the one that actually matters) failed, due to our veto power......

The American people (through our elected officials) passed a bill decades ago calling for this action. Every President since then has deferred our will by claiming some murky "diplomatic" exemption. Ask yourself this: what good has it done? Palestine still continues to carry out daily attacks on Israel, along with Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran.

Hence my post! this was a GA motion! so why yam about it, stuff like this goes on all the time, Israel has been motioned against as a rogue state for years, and those motions got nowhere..yet in my mind, it is a rogue state.
Even after the 'dancing Israelis episode', and a massive Israeli spying system in the US exposed..there was nothing..Nada from the US..don't you just wonder why? well, not you obviously...you are somewhere in Narnia.

Of course, this 'recognition' by Trump has nothing to do with vested interests...has it?
you're funny, about as funny as Goebbels propaganda in his day against ordinary Jewish people who did suffer greatly.
Maybe you should read something about the history of today's Israel, how it came about, how the Zionists dressed themselves as Arabs and blew up people in hotels etc...just to give the British and Americans a 'wee poke' towards their way of thinking...the masters of false flags...except when they were catched of course, and they are still at it, and rearly caught these days....all these things in my timeline BTW, you don't forget easily.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The coalition of the willing:
Trump-"U"SA(a bit less than 50% of the northamerican people), Israel for sure, the Marshall Islands, Palau, Micronesia, Guatemala and Honduras...

Not that much and qualitative friends and partners anymore, that are willing to stand by the side of the Trump-"U"SA and Israel. But for sure, that´s a problem of the whole world, and not a problem for the "U"SA and Israel... The whole world is wrong and just doesn´t get that the "U"SA and Israel are ever right.
The whole world is isolated and only the "U"SA and Israel are not.

And please, stop to pay money to the UN, will make your problems just bigger, your downfall come even faster.
Example Egypt.
Egypt get´s 1.3 billions per year from washington, but what for? Not because the "U"SA is so good to people and countries! It´s to buy influence in the region, and pay blackmail money to egypt, just for the reason that egypt fullfills the, by the egyptian people hated, peace treaty with israel. You pay the second highest recipient of "grants" just to save the a$$ of the highest recipient of your tax dollars, your best friend and last real partner israel. And the "U"SA would even hit it´s own (armaments) economy, because the dollars egypt gets to be blackmailed, goes back to the "U"SA, to Lockheed Martin, to Boeing, which provide the egypt military with fighter jets and weapons(funny, that you, strictly speaking, are buying your own weapons with your own money!).

And that threat should be taken serious by the rest of the world? You would just shoot yourself in your foot.

It comes together which together belonged - two of the most rogue states are the last friends and partners of each other. It seems that the world population is fed to the backteeth from the worldwide greatest creators of injustice, exploitation, lies, oppression, warmongering etc, etc.

Why don´t you invite the hardcore rightwinger israelis to the "USA, space enough would be there. Then you wall fetishists could wall in yourself. The rest of the world would spend the roof and we would have the worlds greatest asylum! We would keep that asylum strictly under lock for 5 years, if we would open the door after these 5 years again, the problem would be solved, everybody inside that asylum would have killed each other. Bceause, if you put two killers in a cage, but nobody else, who should they kill if not each other? Nobody? Natural born killers don´t stop killing!

It´s so funny that most of the Trump-north americans don´t get how stupid the actions of that "Trump government" are. How self-destructive, how dangerous for the "U"SA all that is. If this wouldn´t be reality but a movie, i would have stopped to watch that movie after 20 minutes, because the movie would be too cheap, too ridiculous, too much mental slapstick, nobody would take that movie serious, it would even be too dumb to be a comedy movie.

Where are the real northamerican patriots, those that love their country and don´t celebrate the puppet government that destroys it? Those that don´t like to become the laughingstock of the whole world? The Trumpeteers remind me to the germans in the third reich, party hard till downfall. But i have to blame the germans from that time harder than the Trumpeteers of today, because the germans were educated and most of them understood what was going on but didn´t stop that madness.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Will the US boycott these countries? Or will we cut off aid?

I just crunched the numbers from 2016 (yah, I have no life) if we cut off all aid we stand to save $21,508,752,498, which seems kind of low maybe my calculator broke...
Of all the nations that voted against us only Iceland, Ireland and Norway receive no aid, but we will likely lose $863,206 from the Netherlands

explorer.usaid.gov...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The President has this one Right . Don't Play Ball with the New Sheriff in Town and his America First Policies , then be Prepared to Suffer the Military and Economic Consequences . The Ghost of Teddy Roosevelt is Smiling Right Now Somewhere in the Afterlife.....

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

There is still a lot of antisemitism around the world. What you see are the countries that aren't bigoted against the Jewish people Vs. the hateful countries. It's sad that WWII didn't teach the world anything.

You know what's ironic about that statement?

Aside from Anti-Semitism being incorrectly applied as usual, around 80% of Palestinians have Semitic blood.

Less than 10% of Israeli Jews do.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues

I just crunched the numbers from 2016 (yah, I have no life) if we cut off all aid we stand to save $21,508,752,498, which seems kind of low maybe my calculator broke...
Of all the nations that voted against us only Iceland, Ireland and Norway receive no aid, but we will likely lose $863,206 from the Netherlands

explorer.usaid.gov...

I'd bet that China wouldn't have any problem picking up a little 22 billion dollar tab if the US bails. They're looking to expand their global influence.

-dex

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

explorer.usaid.gov...

UK voted against US.
UK receives no charity from US.
UK buys your military hardware and US gets Airstrip One.
It ain't charity or aid as most people regard aid and charity.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

" UK receives no charity from US. "

That is an Erroneous Statement . The United States accounts for the United Kingdom's largest single export market, buying $57 billion worth of British goods in 2007. Total trade of imports and exports between the United Kingdom and the United States amounted to the sum of $107.2 billion in 2007

That Trade Deal Sure Sounds Like U.S. Charity to me.........

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Speaking of North Korea, I think this recent event will cause more countries to ignore North Korea sanctions.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

" UK receives no charity from US. "

That is an Erroneous Statement . The United States accounts for the United Kingdom's largest single export market, buying $57 billion worth of British goods in 2007. Total trade of imports and exports between the United Kingdom and the United States amounted to the sum of $107.2 billion in 2007

That Trade Deal Sure Sounds Like U.S. Charity to me.........

Sounds like simple trading to me.
The UK receives no charity from the US. But if you call selling UK arms aid then your definition of aid seems silly.

And maybe in our multi national trading world you should ask yourself why brits don't buy as much of your stuff, food especially, most of yours is banned for sale and human consumption here
edit on 21-12-2017 by CornishCeltGuy because: added final paragraph

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wonder what happens to the dollar, if everybody stops trading with it. Specially oil producing countries. No reserve currency status....no superpower status.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

explorer.usaid.gov...

UK voted against US.

Your wrong the UK couldn't afford advanced weapons budgets but get full access to us military technology. Also get to cut back military expenses knowing US military helps defend the UK. Then the US also supplies the nuclear subs with strident something at the moment the UK is incapable of doing. The UK also receives benefits from US citizens visiting and spending huge amounts on tourism because many Americans assumed them to be a friend. 22.5 billion £ in 2016 is a huge boost to an economy. Losing the ally status for the UK would deeply effect their economy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dembow
Wonder what happens to the dollar, if everybody stops trading with it. Specially oil producing countries. No reserve currency status....no superpower status.

World economy crashes and millions die.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

explorer.usaid.gov...

UK voted against US.

Your wrong the UK couldn't afford advanced weapons budgets but get full access to us military technology. Also get to cut back military expenses knowing US military helps defend the UK. Then the US also supplies the nuclear subs with strident something at the moment the UK is incapable of doing. The UK also receives benefits from US citizens visiting and spending huge amounts on tourism because many Americans assumed them to be a friend. 22.5 billion £ in 2016 is a huge boost to an economy. Losing the ally status for the UK would deeply effect their economy.

Theresa May is so weak. She should be buildig the strongest relationship with the US she possibly can, because the EU is going to screw over the UK at EVERY opportunity - up to and including the possibility of a full military invasion in years to come.
The UK - more than ever - is totally f***** without the US as a strong ally.

edit on 22/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. It's one little vote. They disagree with us on something, they're not declaring war on us, and good heaven's they aren't even "unfriending" us. LOL

It's okay special snowflakes. LOL

AS you grow older, you'll learn that it's okay to have disagreements and that people that disagree with you can still be your friends. You'll also learn that you won't be right about everything. Some how in American society, we seem to think that once we reach the age of 18 we're magically right about everything. That's going to be a hard lesson for some of you to learn, you must accept that you are wrong sometimes.

Voting has consequences, does it not?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The USA gives 22 percent of the U.N.’s budget, and provides 28 percent of its peacekeeping effort...... you can not buy friends..... Look at the money we give to those who voted for the condemnation .. I would cut much of the foreign aide we have been giving for years to the many and certainly the ungrateful.. cut them off period..

Guatemala, Honduras, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau and Togo joined the U.S. voting against the resolution of condemnation.

Another 35 countries, including our closest neighbors, Mexico and Canada, as well as Argentina, Australia, the Czech Republic, Poland, and Romania, abstained.

Probably trying to keep their heads down so not to draw attention from the radicals
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

explorer.usaid.gov...

UK voted against US.

Theresa May is so weak. She should be buildig the strongest relationship with the US she possibly can, because the EU is going to screw over the UK at EVERY opportunity - up to and including the possibility of a full military invasion in years to come.

You think EU would invade this country who has the best trained armed forces on air, land and sea?

We trade with America and we share many ideals and a language, we don’t have to agree with them on every issue

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: UKTruth

explorer.usaid.gov...

UK voted against US.

You think EU would invade this country who has the best trained armed forces on air, land and sea?

We trade with America and we share many ideals and a language, we don’t have to agree with them on every issue

Yes, I think they would with the way the EU is headed... it's a dictatorship already willing to use military force to gets it's way.

edit on 22/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join