It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN GA resolution: the list of countries voting against us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

We are both random posters. Better that way, eh?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

We are both random posters. Better that way, eh?

Perhaps! LOL

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It's just a very conclusive vote making clear that Trump's unilateral proclamation on Jerusalem has no legal bearing on the UN. aka, they don't agree with him..why should anyone of you be personally offended?
If you want to argue, is there a better idea at this time?

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-12-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I suppose that is part of the beauty of ATS, that and the UFO/alien topics

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Well, it was actually the resolution that has no legal bindings. The security council resolution (the one that actually matters) failed, due to our veto power

I'm offended because my money has been directly going to these countries. I have no problem with their vote, but I hope like hell we cut them off entirely. From the UK onward, any country that voted against us does not deserve our friendship.

The American people (through our elected officials) passed a bill decades ago calling for this action. Every President since then has deferred our will by claiming some murky "diplomatic" exemption. Ask yourself this: what good has it done? Palestine still continues to carry out daily attacks on Israel, along with Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran.

Time to stop negotiating with those whose stated intention is to wipe Israel off the map. The policy of the US has always been to not negotiate with terrorists, under any circumstance. Why would we want to start that now?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
An aside: It is hilarious watching nations like Syria and Venezuela lecture the US on human rights, especially when both are currently starving their own citizens to death.

When more than 80% of UN resolutions condemning a single country are against the nation of Israel, you know the fix is in.

Myanmar and North Korea blasting the US and Israel for human rights abuses. What a joke.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Isn't Jerusalem where the anti-Christ sets up shop to rule the world ? yea lets get the show on the road peoples

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

PS: A special thanks is deserved by Canada and Mexico, for standing beside the United States.

Those yellow "x" on the board means they abstained from voting.

The countries listed below stood with us.
Guatemala
Honduras
Israel "of course"
Mashall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo

Everyone else either voted against or abstained.

edit on 21-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I would expect the United Nations will soon learn that symbolic condemnations of their wealthiest, most powerful, first to respond to calls for assistance member had real world impacts which they will likely feel some itching and burning over down the road.

This vote does absolutely jack all nothing to the United States or to Israel and their capital city of Jerusalem, nothing will change this administration from acknowledging what is right and accurate... All it does is paint a giant "ingrates" stamp across the foreheads of 130-some UN member states and makes it obvious and clear that the US has a wonderful opportunity right now to not only save our country a great deal of money and unappreciated support efforts around the globe, but also free up some prime real estate along the East River in Manhattan.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am going to give you something to think about.

Who is the rightful king of Israel, the King on the throne of David whose kingdom has no end.

Is that person currently accepted by the state of Israel as it's rightful king - No he is not.

It is HIS city to give and take, His Throne, His Temple to build or destroy and His blood that make's even those not born of the line of Jacob into members of the house of Israel - not the nation state but the Nation in the eye's of God his father.
edit on 21-12-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This vote does absolutely jack all nothing to the United States or to Israel.

Then why did the US & Israel even bother voting?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
I really find it surprising that the UK would vote against us, given the fact that their boomers are outfitted with US Trident SLBMs in the Atlantic port.

Why are you surprised?

The US's two largest exports are weapons and trash. Making the world a better place.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Guatemala
Honduras
Israel "of course"
Mashall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo

AKA the World’s powerhouses!

Hahaha.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

All it does is paint a giant "ingrates" stamp across the foreheads of 130-some UN member states and makes it obvious and clear that the US has a wonderful opportunity right now to not only save our country a great deal of money and unappreciated support efforts around the globe, but also free up some prime real estate along the East River in Manhattan.

I think it's cute how so many of you (including your own president) think this "foreign aid" stuff is some kind of charitable donation thing.

It's not.

It's a quid pro quo thing.

Or do you actually believe that countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Yemen, Egypt, etc etc will continue to fight your proxy wars on your behalf without the US continuing to pad them with a constant flow of military equipment and other various forms of monetary funding ?

Seriously ?!

Your president quite literally just threatened to cut off his own country's nose to spite its face because of either cluelessness or ego ? Or maybe both ?

Hoo boy.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

This vote does absolutely jack all nothing to the United States or to Israel.

Then why did the US & Israel even bother voting?

To show unity between close allies? To be able to say they allowed this to play out in front of the organization they're about to isolate and before they took that drastic step? To log disapproval in that organization? To ensure they had a chance to look every country that opposes this choice square in the eye and say "You'll regret this pointless attempt at chiding American policy away from doing the right thing?" I dunno why both countries participated in this vote, and honestly I don't expect the US will entirely extract itself from the UN, at least not until we have a functional plan B by which to keep our global interests locked down. I would not be at all surprised if the UN headquarters moves real soon... hmmm, there will be some open real estate in Tel Aviv soon, maybe the UN can look there?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Hmmm, you might not like the future in comparison with your ideal of removing the UN...

Although it is situated in New York City, the land occupied by the United Nations Headquarters and the spaces of buildings that it rents are under the sole administration of the United Nations and not the U.S. government. They are technically extraterritorial through a treaty agreement with the U.S. government.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I suppose you could tear up the treaty...
I wonder how likely that is.

I bet only a tiny percentage of Americans who oppose the UN even know this.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

This president hasn't shown much interest in fighting proxy wars, so I don't believe he cares. As far as it being quid pro quo, I disagree. The US doesn't get their money's worth out of these deals in any way once you remove the globalist nonsense from the equation. As a normal US citizen, I look forward to these types of conflicts because they lead to decisions on import tariffs, immigration, foreign spending, and trade agreements that isolate the US and end up with us increasing domestic production, rerouting more spending to the domestic side or to tax cuts, and putting America first. I'm not worried about wars and actual retaliation because the US still owns the same pair of boots that once sat on the world's throat and yes, they still fit very nicely.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The UN and the anti-American, anti-semetic countries can go forth and enjoy sexual congress with itself.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Canada has been neutral on the issue since Trumps announcement. Mexico and Canada held out because of NAFTA re-negotiations.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The cbc twist was that canada abstained from voting do to wanting a seat with the big boys, but who knows really, we elected the justin bieber of politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join