It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN GA resolution: the list of countries voting against us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here is a list of countries who voted for the resolution, including those who abstained from the vote or were otherwise not present.

Will the US boycott these countries? Or will we cut off aid?

Who knows. But it wasn't easy finding a list of who voted for what, because the UNGA website still hasn't posted the tally. This particular image came from an image board, so I am unsure who to provide credit to.

For the purpose of source attribution, source was: www.4chan.org

PS: A special thanks is deserved by Canada and Mexico, for standing beside the United States. Although we may have our disagreements of the day, we share the same continent and I have no doubt our President and our people will not forget the fact that you stood by us.
edit on 12/21/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

LOL @ the countries on our side.

It's the coalition of the willing all over again hahaha.

So much butt hurt in one move.

Le Props

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I wish we hadn't stood beside you on this. Love: most of Canada.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Indeed, however it clearly illustrates who our friends are. I fully expect the US to stand beside these great nations as they have stood by us.

The bill was passed many years ago, and delayed by past Presidents in pursuit of peace talks that were never going to happen. At least this way, it forces the Palestinians to the table with reasonable expectations.

Lest us not forget that they've already been given a territory to control, which they've turned into Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The UN is about to go through some big changes I think.

The UN is chock-full of Swamp swimmers.

Their clocks need to be cleaned.

Maybe they should call Kofi Annon for some more "advice".

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Look at all the money we save. That's billions saved every year now that we can pump into our economy and military.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

A special thanks is deserved by Canada and Mexico, for standing beside the United States.

I'm a wee bit puzzled by this comment, seeing as both of those countries abstained from casting a vote at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Sure, because institutions such as NORAD certainly don't help Canadians out. Right? Or the US nuclear umbrella? Or the fact that any attack on Canada would be treated as an attack on the United States, and subject to the full retaliation of a super-power with global spectrum domination.

No country dares to invade Canada for this simple fact alone. Not to mention Canada's exceptional military forces, whom we appreciate dearly for standing by us in the War on Terror.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It is true that Canada's PM decided to change their vote from "No" to abstention, but IMO because the end result was the same this was more a political move than anything else.

Admittedly I would have preferred a clear "No" but we haven't exactly been acting like good neighbors to either Mexico or Canada lately. The fact they didn't join the chorus and vote "Yes" is the source of my praise. Hopefully this gives Trump the political impetus to back off our neighbors, and focus on pressing matters like ending NK's nuclear program

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The UN is about to go through some big changes I think.

The UN is chock-full of Swamp swimmers.

Their clocks need to be cleaned.

Maybe they should call Kofi Annon for some more "advice".

Or Kofi's son :O

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

PS: A special thanks is deserved by Canada and Mexico, for standing beside the United States. Although we may have our disagreements of the day, we share the same continent and I have no doubt our President and our people will not forget the fact that you stood by us.

It this is not sarcasm..

Canada and Mexico abstained from the vote.
That doesn't mean they're on the side of US.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

There is still a lot of antisemitism around the world. What you see are the countries that aren't bigoted against the Jewish people Vs. the hateful countries. It's sad that WWII didn't teach the world anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Admittedly I would have preferred a clear "No" but we haven't exactly been acting like good neighbors to either Mexico or Canada lately. The fact they didn't join the chorus and vote "Yes" is the source of my praise.

Ah. In that case, we should thank the Marshall Islands for sacking up and voting "No" rather than abstaining, even after we nuked the # out of their islands for a few years.

Beaches > polar bears.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

zile, I also would have preferred a "No" vote, but in these cases I suppose the ends justify the means. The net result was one less vote against us, despite the fact that UNGA resolutions are about as useful as Presidential proclamations. Not very useful at all

Canada especially, seeing that Trudeau likely had to maintain his left-wing credibility without sacrificing military assets like NORAD. I'm not a J.T. fan at all, but it was at least nice to see not every country had surrendered issues of sovereignty to populist democracy and pop-culture opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What a spectacular waste of time.
Completely detached from reality politicians playing with their voting machines to effectively cry out loud.
Perhaps they should actually do something useful.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. It's one little vote. They disagree with us on something, they're not declaring war on us, and good heaven's they aren't even "unfriending" us. LOL

It's okay special snowflakes. LOL

AS you grow older, you'll learn that it's okay to have disagreements and that people that disagree with you can still be your friends. You'll also learn that you won't be right about everything. Some how in American society, we seem to think that once we reach the age of 18 we're magically right about everything. That's going to be a hard lesson for some of you to learn, you must accept that you are wrong sometimes.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

In other news, random poster interjects derogatory and ambigious comments to relatiate against conservatives because of Tomi Lahren's astute "Special Snowflakes" video from earlier today.

Amazing how people who dislike Sean Hannity and Tomi Lahren consistently utilize terminology appropriated by those two. Who knows? Can I offer you a coloring book, crying corner/box of tissues or a special safe space? While I'm at it, I'll make sure everything in my posts are perfectly "PC" to avoid triggering any SJWNJs.

Don't you have some chanting and marching to do in preparation for Mueller's holiday firing (which won't happen)? The best part is, when Mueller doesn't get canned, you won't know what to do. He isn't firing him because he has absolutely nothing to worry about. Knowing full well he could can him at any moment, as the chief law enforcement officer (there is no federal law enforcement without the President - all agencies are under the executive).

As a sign of your youth, you've betrayed your anti-reality positions and joined the chrous of hypocrites by defending those who attack Trump/Israel. Congratulations, you've joined and even larger and less-exclusive group of of "like minded" individuals.

EDIT: Did I mention that Hillary Clinton was quoted by CNN as supporting Israel's capitol: Jerusalem?

edit on 12/21/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I really find it surprising that the UK would vote against us, given the fact that their boomers are outfitted with US Trident SLBMs in the Atlantic port.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: amazing

In other news, random poster interjects derogatory and ambigious comments to relatiate against conservatives because of Tomi Lahren's astute "Special Snowflakes" video from earlier today.

Amazing how people who dislike Sean Hannity and Tomi Lahren consistently utilize terminology appropriated by those two.

Don't you have some chanting and marching to do in preparation for Mueller's holiday firing (which won't happen)? The best part is, when Mueller doesn't get canned, you won't know what to do. He isn't firing him because he has absolutely nothing to worry about. Knowing full well he could can him at any moment, as the chief law enforcement officer (there is no federal law enforcement without the President - all agencies are under the executive).

As a sign of your youth, you've betrayed your anti-reality positions and joined the chrous of hypocrites by defending those who attack Trump/Israel. Congratulations, you've joined and even larger and less-exclusive group of of "like minded" individuals.

Crazy post. Not sure what you mean. LOL I'm probably older than you. I never mentioned Mueller. In any post in any thread? Don't think so. Never chanted and havent' marched since high school marching band. That was fun times.

Back on point. A special snowflake is someone that get's really offended or afraid when some make believe threat or fear is becoming real to them. Like this UN vote. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean anything and no one will stop being our ally or anything like that. We/you have nothing to be afraid of. I don't dislike Tomi Lahren (spelling) but she's an alarmist and sensationalist. She tends to over exagerate things. Sean Hannity on the other hand is basically a national traiter. Ever single thing he says is intended to divide us as a nation. You should be more worried about him driving the wedge between liberals and conservatives than this insignificant little UN vote.

Cheers!
edit on 21-12-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

Oh and what makes me more of a random poster than you? I mean we could both be random posters or neither of us. Just curious.
edit on 21-12-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sadly this is very true. Iran, Palestine and several other Arab nations have bluntly stated they do not believe Israel has a right to exist.

As an aside, at least North and South Korea was finally unified on something. Hopefully that will be the start of something bigger and better between those two, if we happened to pull out of the 38th. Let them see how their liberal democracy fares under NK's totalitarian rule.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join