It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AntiGlobalists... I Seek Some Answers From You.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Firstly I must state that this is not a defence or promotion of Globalism, my personal opinion is that no matter who wins the war between national Sovereignty & Globalism, we will still all be ruled by the same people anyways.

So to my point...

How do you anti-Globalists feel about foreign companies building businesses in America and creating a large amount of jobs for Americans?
How do you feel about the Global influence America has, in regards to geopolitical affairs?

You can interchange America with whichever nation you reside in.

Are those two aspects of Globalism things you’ll accept because it benefits you, so long as it doesn’t go the other direction?
I ask to understand if you are truly against Globalism, or are more influenced by a sense of Exceptionalism.

I’ve never heard anyone describe their points on those two issues, and would be very interested in hearing some.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The Global Agenda folk want to dominate the whole world, own everything, dictate their rules.

The terms of global agenda are similar, they have to do with global warming, new world order, Democracy, and Global Banking and Industry.

Don't resist or the war machine will come calling...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I've not been able to understand anti-globalism. We are a global, interconnected, planet. So many separated nations, different laws, beliefs, cultures...they are not sustainable.

A one-world government is inevitable.

A lot of people will die first though.

I'd like to see it happen. I'm tired of the squabbling.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yea, not sure why people even try to be anti globalist. It's going to happen whether we like it or not, as soon as the internet set sail, there was no going back. All I can see from here on out is either cooperation or conflict, so far conflict seems to be not far off.
edit on 21-12-2017 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I noticed that many people define globalism a different way and it seems to hinder any conversation we have about it.

For example:

Paul James defines globalism, "at least in its more specific use, ... as the dominant ideology and subjectivity associated with different historically-dominant formations of global extension. The definition thus implies that there were pre-modern or traditional forms of globalism and globalization long before the driving force of capitalism sought to colonize every corner of the globe, for example, going back to the Roman Empire in the second century CE, and perhaps to the Greeks of the fifth-century BCE."[1]

Manfred Steger distinguishes between different globalisms such as justice globalism, jihad globalism, and market globalism.[2] Market globalism includes the ideology of neoliberalism. In some hands, the reduction of globalism to the single ideology of market globalism and neoliberalism has led to confusion. For example, in his 2005 book The Collapse of Globalism and the Reinvention of the World, Canadian philosopher John Ralston Saul treated globalism as coterminous with neoliberalism and neoliberal globalization. He argued that, far from being an inevitable force, globalization is already breaking up into contradictory pieces and that citizens are reasserting their national interests in both positive and destructive ways.

en.wikipedia.org...

When I think about it, it's more of a march towards a global centralized government, giving the UN more power. The EU, the world bank, etc. Taking away sovereign power and handing it to an international organization that I have no power to influence.
edit on Thu Dec 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote and added SOURCE IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
People don't want someone on the other side of the world that has never experienced their day to day reality dictating what is best for them, that's all.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Globalism is a great thought experiment...it is getting it to work and the details that are the problem. E.U. was the first step and we can see how all they (the unelected) did was hurt certain members by making blanket laws/rules that screwed some and made others rich. We are a long way from a Star Trek type society.

Kinda like putting Saudi Arabia's reps on a U.N. human right council..

Even something as simple as global trade is messed up with countries trying to capture a market (run competitors out of business) by dumping stuff below manufacturing cost or stuff made with slave labor.. Globalism .... make every country have the same living standards as Somalia by taking from the successful and giving it to the unsuccessful.. given time no one has the will or a reason to try and succeed.. The more laws the more corruption tends to creep in IMO.

edit on 727stk17 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm replying to you now because your questions are good ones and this thread should prove interesting. The best short answer I can give you is that we live under a monetary system and the current globalist economy is not a true capalist one.

True capitalism is resource based, under the monetary system non-existent currency is traded as a commodity and the smallest number of people see the greatest benefit from this. That is what I am against.
edit on 21-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Accepting that foreign businesses want to exist within one's borders is not akin to "globalism," in my opinion. I think that it's perfectly fine for international businesses to exist...again, that is not "globalism."

As far as America influencing the world the way that it does (generally by force or sanctions), I'm wholly against it. I would prefer that we bring back our military and use it only to be ready to defend our nation, or to fight wars quickly with the goal to "win" in mind and to get out. There is a lot of good that can come from America as far as influencing other nations, but it should be sought out by other nations, not taken to them.

I think that globalization is problematic because it appears that it will eventually lead to a loss of culture and differing ideas, opinions, outlooks, philosophies, etc., and there is really no one-size-fits-all system that is good for everyone in every place in every situation.

But international businesses, IMO, are not a step to that end game, but just a way to better produce something or get a product somewhere cheaper.

ETA: I've definitely oversimplified things, but hopefully you get my point.

edit on 21-12-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I noticed that many people define globalism a different way and it seems to hinder any conversation we have about it.

Alex Jones has an accurate description ....

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
People don't want someone on the other side of the world that has never experienced their day to day reality dictating what is best for them, that's all.

Dictating day to day?
Who ever said globalism will have a one world dictator?

You are speaking literally here, when in reality it won't look like that at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Yea, not sure why people even try to be anti globalist. It's going to happen whether we like it or not, as soon as the internet set sail, there was no going back. All I can see from here on out is either cooperation or conflict, so far conflict seems to be not far off.

There's a vast difference between the Global Village and Globalism.

a reply to: intrptr
a reply to: SlapMonkey

edit on 21-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Can't we just all get along?

-Who are you to tell me what I can or can't do

So that's a no?

-You know it

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

For a 24hr amped up coke head you'd think he wouldn't be so fat.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I’ll tell you why that is incorrect...

When an American company finds a location abroad and hires the civilians of that nation...
Anti-Globalists scream from the roof tops that Americans are losing jobs, foreigners are taking them & Globalism is the reason for it...

Now you come along and say when it happens the other way round, and a foreign company located in America takes jobs from their compatriots to give to Americans, somehow that isn’t Globalism, it’s “International business “...

Do you not see the contradiction of such an assessment?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You can keep the EU BS.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
I've not been able to understand anti-globalism. We are a global, interconnected, planet. So many separated nations, different laws, beliefs, cultures...they are not sustainable.

This post gives me whiplash.

So you'd like to see people die, because you're tired of the squabbling over separate cultures beliefs etc, but we're all interconnected so a one world government will work, because they will accept one culture under this government?

I don't even..

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Oh come on now, you don't like Peace, Love and Genocide?

Must think that you have some sort of inalienable rights....

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

A global government is economically impossible.

All current governments are debt-dependent on each other's central banking system.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

A one-world govrenment is not inevitable.There will be fighting to prevent it. If a one-world government wins the fighting, the fighting wil change to full out terrorism/rebellion against a one-world government.

Likely neither you nor I would survive it anyways.

The squabbling will outlive both of us,

edit on 21-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join