It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tax bill, the initial response and now HOPE.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wonder how successful that platform will be for the 2018 elections.

This won't. It's not going to start to lose all benefit to the public until 2021. Convenient huh?

Actually, I'd call it 'slick'. The Republicans will renew it....if elected...
So that gives a powerful tool in that re-election campaign.

Why would they renew it? That's when it's time to start paying back the cash. It's the next president and Congress that will have to deal with it. When it hurts they will say, "Well that's what Trump and the Reps put into play." And you guys will be like, "Yeah, yeah. Blame Trump for it." Well in this case it happens to be true.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

Those that oppose the tax plan are pathetic hypocrites, because they will keep the money that isn't taken from government.

It is interesting to see the people clamor for higher taxes and bigger government.

We bang up against those that suckle on the current freebies and fear the reduction or outright loss of them to those that profit from the system, business-wise.

Those that actually believe it are too indoctrinated to reason with.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

This won't. It's not going to start to lose all benefit to the public until 2021. Convenient huh?

Actually, I'd call it 'slick'. The Republicans will renew it....if elected...
So that gives a powerful tool in that re-election campaign.

Why would they renew it? That's when it's time to start paying back the cash. It's the next president and Congress that will have to deal with it. When it hurts they will say, "Well that's what Trump and the Reps put into play." And you guys will be like, "Yeah, yeah. Blame Trump for it." Well in this case it happens to be true.

If they don't make renewal a part of that platform, they'd lose millions of voters. That's why.

What's missed in this equation of 'deficit', is the returning funds from overseas. Trump's estimate is 4 trillion dollars. That one time tax reduction will produce, at that figure of 4 trillion, 100's of billions in tax revenues for the Feds.

That's a first in this the third major tax cut in U.S. history.

If one is honest, no one really knows how this cut will end up. It very well may work.

<< 1   >>

join