It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I was Illegally Searched by Cops on my Way Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Daniel Shavers....

You know the kid pleading for his life when gunned down by a cop who was later aquitted???

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Throw a few used condoms and tampon in your bag next time. Simulated of course. Maybe even a medicine bottle with a little bit of dried poo in it.

The one thing I took from your OP was that they were grossed out as hell as they were going through your backpack. Make it even more amusing for you to witness. That should take some of the sting out of this annoyance.

-dex

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

We got some hash boys...oh wait it's poop...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Tekaran

Daniel Shavers....

You know the kid pleading for his life when gunned down by a cop who was later aquitted???

You mean Daniel Shaver? If you're gonna try and use somebody as an example, at least have the decency to get their name correct.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
wow he added an S ... big #ing crime there
I guess this is where you arrest him now and figure out what for later?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
This is the 6th time this year I've been stopped this year by them for no reason ... and the 6th time this year I've gotten to tell them to go # themselves.

so this has happened six times to you and you still didnt figure out you ought to be filming it? jeeeeze some people really are slow...
you think this is the 60's? when no one carried a camera to catch this kind of crap? its just about 2018 get with the times use your damn camera bring some accountability to these #s with the good old court if public scrutiny.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
wow he added an S ... big #ing crime there
I guess this is where you arrest him now and figure out what for later?

You sound so upset. Poor thing.

I generally think when one is trying to hold up a dead person as some sort of example, one should at least have the decency to get their name correct. If you find that triggering, I dunno what to tell ya.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

As you describe it, this doesn't seem to be an illegal search, unless you explicitly told them that you did not consent to a search and they did it anyway without a warrant. Of course, the moment that you pulled out the rolling papers, regardless of the rolling tobacco, that probably gave them cause to search the vehicle bag. There are many places that have specific lists of what is considered paraphernalia that allows a search based on probably cause, which negates the need for consent or warrant.

I agree that they may have just been harassing you, but maybe someone saw your papers and bag of tobacco and didn't know what to make of it...I have no idea.

ETA: I see that you're in Canada...I'm unfamiliar with your laws pertaining to what I said above. And I see that you say that this happened six times? Sounds like the "convenience" of public transportation is a farce, at least for you.
edit on 21-12-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2017 by SlapMonkey because: fixed the "vehicle" issue

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You can do better then this.

Next time this occurs, try this instead (no f word name calling).

After they are through with the unjustified search, address them just like this:

" Don't you know that your behavior today dishonors your father, and reflects directly on your mother"?
No smile. Just turn and walk away.
You will feel superior, your revenge will be sweet ,and they will know who sits on the throne between you. You!

Cheers!

edit on 21-12-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Only one way to be sure...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
One of the cops must have thought you were his wive with the grey toque and beard. They were just a couple of confused lads.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

It's not illegal to smell like grass. If you are sure you have nothing on you you could have #ed with them. I got pulled over with my wife when we were dating. I was driving her Lincoln. Cop asked me if I had anything in the car and I said no. Asked me if I ever smoked pot in the car and I said all the time. I never had btw. They called the dog to sniff around. Nothing found of course.
# them
I shouldn't have done that but I was in a mood and had nowhere to be though.

You're lucky they didn't plant some evidence in your car to, you know, fuq with you.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

whatever Richard.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
And honestly I was rude as # to the cops I swore at them told them to go # themselves repeatedly.

In all truth being polite is a better tactic. In that way things usually end quicker, and on good terms. If you antagonise another person (the police in this case) then they are less likely to give you leeway.

Back to the OP. Don't you have the means to complain - a compliant's authority. I am sure Canadian police have such a body. Why not complain. Also, what are the rules in Canada? You say that you were "illegally searched", but is that actually a true statement? They may have had just cause and your belligerent behaviour just entrenched their view that you had something to hide, so they pressed the issue.

Live and learn. Be nice(r).

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So I married an axe murderer.

FTP.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

im lucky a lot of things didnt happen
thats why i said i shouldnt have done it
it was stupid

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I just love the advice people give just keep bending over and take it .
OOO be nice never ever stand for your rights If you live you get your day in a court that totally ignores you and protects cops and is there to keep jails full so no worries .

You realize cops being human not one is non corrupted . O sure being polite can work .
and knowing what to say works even better .
When I was 19 I was hiching around the country and in teh state of Georgia on rout 1 i was stopped by a big red neck sheriff So I am in the car and he says You knowww I could arrest you in his thick southern accent .
I turn to him and say you know I can give you a dam good reason why you wont .

Well he gets this look on his face like Ill show this punk and says ( yea whats that / )
I say well as it is even if i had to walk through your county I would be going and in 3 hours tops .On the other hand if you arrest me I am stuck in your jail stuck in your town for months and you will have to fill out all that paper work .
Any cop the nicest you will ever meet has seen his buddy's doing drugs .Has seen his buddys harassing people just because they can .
So save your there are good cops for the stupid and save your Oo but I have never had a problem for the stupid .
because teh next cop you see may be the problem you never had .

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88 it may have been pasta at one point or possibly chicken fried rice, it was impossible to tell by that point

This at least counts for something. Always carry something weird and gross just in case
I was proper laughing at this point. F### 'em!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It's just like in the states. Police would rather harass someone for potential simple possession than to do actual police work. They want easy arrests.

But at this point in my life, I've learned not to talk back to the cops. I REMAIN SILENT and ask for a lawyer. 90% of people say something incriminating while trying to explain themselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Your humour about the situation made me laugh, the transit police when they were here in Australia were the same. Harassed everyone only for tickets though and would even offer the kids out to fight them. It was like a mini war between the teens and transit cops most weekends.

<< 1   >>

join