It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bundy Standoff: Mistrial declared for Nevada rancher who led revolt over U.S. land dispute

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well I am aware the government is abusive but at the same time I do not want to support an opportunist.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Despite one dead man , a movement slandered and destroyed and the ongoing federal land grab, nothing has changed.

That's already not true. For starters, the BLM agent in charge of this -- and many other questionable BLM actions and activities -- lost his job in shame and disgrace and is no longer calling the shots at the BLM.

Further, the Bundy case is setting legal precedent... and therefore case law. This case can (and no doubt will) be used by others fighting the abuses of the BLM. So the repercussions have only just begun.

And I'm sure Mrs. Finicum's lawyers are finding very very good use for this information and these precedents...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

I watched and listened to this standoff every single day as constant as I could while it unfolded, including the car chase as reported.

These agents need to be tried for murder...

Someone sure should! But I'm blaming the FBI guys who designed and ordered that deadman's roadblock, that put every officer on scene in danger as well... and the FBI sniper that fired the first shots, hid the evidence, and then lied about it. The guys who set this up knew exactly what they were doing -- premeditated murder -- and made the officers on scene sitting ducks. Absolutely despicable.

I wish Trump would get involved with this and start punishing these 3 letter agency renegades when they come off their chains.

You and me both!

Maybe he is, and it's just taking a while to cross all the "T's" and dot all the "I's"... The announcement of a new Uranium One investigation is encouraging.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Well I am aware the government is abusive but at the same time I do not want to support an opportunist.

And you certainly don't have to. It's entirely possible, however, that you can condemn the abuse of power and authority even against someone you don't otherwise support... some would say that's when it's especially important to do so.

I would certainly also hope that you don't support government abuse of power and authority against someone just because you don't support them. And given the nature of this beast, that is, by definition, what you are saying: If you don't support Cliven Bundy fighting government abuses, then you're pretty much supporting government abuse of power and authority against all of us -- or at least anyone that you don't "support".

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well let me tell you this: there are many anti TPTB leftists who although do not support Henry Kissinger and other Globalists, do not trust men like Bundy and other militia types.

Part of the reason for this was due to Timothy McVeigh.
edit on 12/21/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

There are plenty of people not to trust... more than ever I'd say! Indeed, I would say that no one can be "trusted" all the time and every time. We're all human -- subject to human failings... misjudgments... mistakes... misunderstandings... Or just because we don't agree.

But there is never a good reason for federal agents and agencies to abuse their power. And there is never a good reason to support the abuse of power by federal agents and agencies.

And the only way to protect everyone -- including ourselves -- from those same abuses of power is to... well... protect everyone from those abuses of power!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

That's already not true. For starters, the BLM agent in charge of this -- and many other questionable BLM actions and activities -- lost his job in shame and disgrace and is no longer calling the shots at the BLM.

You already said that. A scape goat is fired, no policies of the BLM are changed though. Thats the real issue.

Further, the Bundy case is setting legal precedent... and therefore case law. This case can (and no doubt will) be used by others fighting the abuses of the BLM. So the repercussions have only just begun.

They protested to bring attention to the BLM policies, because there was no other recourse. The courts are the gubment, the same gubment the BLM is part of. No brainer, dude.

And I'm sure Mrs. Finicum's lawyers are finding very very good use for this information and these precedents...

Mmm hmm, if they can afford the legal fees to sue the gubment who will just throw it out, too. Besides we're talking about the same gubment that not only burns landowners out of their homes, crops and livestock he3re, but burns down whole nations abroad too...

I bet the next ranch that burns isn't in the news either, just the trespassers, demonstrators, terrorists and riots.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Okay. You can, of course, think what you wish. And I'll just be thankful you're not in charge of investigating and/or bringing the wrong-doers to justice.

But for those with minds open to the truth, and who would like to be informed, I will address your specific comments.

You already said that.

So you obviously do know there's more to it...

A scape goat is fired, no policies of the BLM are changed though. Thats the real issue.

Not a "scapegoat," the agent in charge. The BLM bully and abuser. The one calling the shots... for decades... who was considered untouchable because he and his bad behavior had been protected for so long. This isn't an underling who was taking orders... this was the guy giving the orders. Big difference.

Further, policies are in fact changing. In addition to the reported Uranium One investigation, Trump just recently reversed the most recent land grab in the Utah Bears Ears Monument, another area in which Dan Love had grossly abused his power and authority -- including his Kill Book citing those who had died (killed themselves) over his bullying and tormenting.

They protested to bring attention to the BLM policies, because there was no other recourse. The courts are the gubment, the same gubment the BLM is part of. No brainer, dude.

And yet, that same gubment court was forced to declare a mistrial after years of lying and other misconduct and pulling every damn dirty underhanded trick they could think of was brought to light... and very likely all charges will be dropped. They sure didn't want this. No brainer, Dude.

As I said, for the Bundys, this is the end of their nightmare. The nightmare for the feds agents and agencies is just beginning.

Mmm hmm, if they can afford the legal fees to sue the gubment who will just throw it out, too.

The lawsuit has already been filed. It is a civil trial, not a criminal trial, and if they could have had it thrown out they would have already.

Besides we're talking about the same gubment that not only burns landowners out of their homes, crops and livestock he3re, but burns down whole nations abroad too...

Of course they do... all the more reason to fight their abuses! And of course it doesn't help that too many people just turn a blind eye or throw up their hands and say "nothing we can do about it."

Fortunately, not everyone gives in or gives up. Many continue to fight the good fight.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

And yet, that same gubment court was forced to declare a mistrial after years of lying and other misconduct and pulling every damn dirty underhanded trick they could think of was brought to light... and very likely all charges will be dropped. They sure didn't want this. No brainer, Dude.

Charges haven't been dropped. The judge had to declare a mistrial, up to that point it was presented to the public as serious crimes worthy of a trial to justify Federal action and dissuade anyone from joining any movement. Now that Social Media could care less, they suddenly declare a mistrial.

Even if they drop 'non charges' this still is focusing on the Bundy's instead of the BLM policy. Nice job by the way, are you sitting at a news desk or Cointelpro cubicle?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The government is corrupt. They lost any credibility they had by withholding evidence. Proving that this was a setup from the start. I hope charges are dropped against all the defendants.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Nice job by the way, are you sitting at a news desk or Cointelpro cubicle?

Really? Okay.

We've both had our say. Our words will stand on their on merit... and I'm good with that.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Most corrupt admin in history.

Obama weaponized the govt agencies against his own citizens.

People are still kissing his ass.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Most corrupt admin in history.

Obama weaponized the govt agencies against his own citizens.

Yup, that's exactly what he did. And I don't think we know the half of it yet. I'm a little more optimistic these days though that Trump and his team know far more than we do, and that they are actually doing something real about it.

People are still kissing his ass.

Yup -- again! And they're doing everything they can to keep the focus on Hillary and NOT on Obama... including too many "conservatives" keeping the base all worked up over Hillary and ignoring Obama et al. Hillary has plenty to answer for. But I know she's not the only one, and I doubt she's the worst one!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You chameleon you. You just scapegoated the politicians for what is behind the BLM land grabs? The couporations that want to privatize huge tracks of Federal Land for gas, oil and mineral resources.

Particularly right now (mostly) is the desire to frack every square mile of wilderness thats left, and for that the Big Oil corporations need all the water available.

Guess what the Bundy thing was really all about, water rights.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You chameleon you.

Chameleon, huh? Hmmm... I've been called worse before and probably will be again!

You just scapegoated the politicians for what is behind the BLM land grabs? The couporations that want to privatize huge tracks of Federal Land for gas, oil and mineral resources.

What are you even saying? Corporations can do nothing without the aiding and abetting of government. Hell -- they only exist because the government says they can and gave them all kinds of pretty perks and privileges and entitlements!!! You can't go out and grow a corporation in your garden... or find one on the beach... or create it in a laboratory. Corporations are a creation of government. It is absolutely impossible to scapegoat the ones who created the beast.

Do you even know what scapegoat means? Because that's the second time you've used it incorrectly. Here:

A scapegoat is an animal who takes on the sins of others, or is unfairly blamed for problems

The only ones close to being "scapegoats" are the Bundys and the other defendants, who are being blamed and persecuted and tormented for the sins of others. The BLM is part of the federal government.... which is run by who? You know... come on... let's say it together: POLITICIANS!!!

Particularly right now (mostly) is the desire to frack every square mile of wilderness thats left, and for that the Big Oil corporations need all the water available.

Guess what the Bundy thing was really all about, water rights.

Um... yeah... I got that a long time ago.

But let's get a little more specific and address your nonsensical ramblings: The Bunkerville standoff was all about the abuse of powers and authority against the Bundys and the longstanding contractual water rights of the Bundys.... by the hired guns in the BLM... according to the politicians giving them their marching orders... to benefit corporations!!!

The Oregon standoff, on the other hand, was about the abuse of powers and authority against the Hammonds and their land and longstanding contractual rights of the Hammonds... by the hired guns in the BLM and the FWS... according to the politicians giving them their marching orders... to benefit a Russian corporation!!!

There's no either/or here. It's all "and and and." More than one person can be guilty. Indeed... that's called a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What are you even saying? Corporations can do nothing without the aiding and abetting of government.

Where you been?

The Corporations are the gubment!

Now I know you are playing.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The Corporations are the gubment!

Now I know you are playing.

Oh dear... now I'm just cringing for you. I can't do this. I can't save you from yourself... but neither can I help you further dig that hole... so I'm done with you. Say what you will, but I won't be part of it. You're on your own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join