It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Of Kids Might Lose Health Care Because Congress Dropped The Ball

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
I care. I am pleased to hear your daughter got the treatment but it sounds a nightmare jumping through hoops.It sounds like many middle men and administrators or shareholders suck the money out of the system protecting average people.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: LSU0408

oh sorry, it's easy to forget about that expanded medicaid when you live in a state that refused to expand it....

It doesn't need to be expanded. Everything works fine here.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: eNumbra

I'm unsure because you seem to be screw the poor kids, personal responsibility and all, but now you say it is satire.

The use of exaggeration is extremely common in satire, I think the problem is what you’re willing to believe other people think.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

a reply to: eNumbra

I'm unsure because you seem to be screw the poor kids, personal responsibility and all, but now you say it is satire.

The use of exaggeration is extremely common in satire, I think the problem is what you’re willing to believe other people think.

So does every American child receive the same minimum basic of free at point of need healthcare from birth to age 18 like in the UK if they are born poor?
Do you support a system where no US child gets less than the standard expected for British children?
I support such a system for every child in the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Willtell

a reply to: avgguy
So is every child covered for healthcare in the US or no? Seems such a complicated system compared to the UK where from birth to 18 everything is free at point of need. Minor charges if working from 18+ but £8 for a prescription so nothing too bad.
We have private insurance and hospitals as well butI have never bothered for myself or my offspring because the NHS has always fixed me up good with no bill checking out of a hospital.

That's because your civilized you don't have republicans

LOL we have the Conservative party who would fully privatise the NHS if they could get away with it. They are doing it chip by chip and stealthily step by step.

Yeah but our vampires are more thirsty, they even want to kill children

They worship along with the rich, Moloch

Don't you support late term abortion?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry for being uninformed but can anyone please confirm that every child in the US gets a minimum standard of healthcare that a child born in the UK gets, no matter how poor they are?
Free at the point of need from health checks, prescription drugs and minor injuries or illness to major trauma and cancer etc?
I am just curious because some say yes and some say no

I already told you they do. In my state at least.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Sorry for being uninformed but can anyone please confirm that every child in the US gets a minimum standard of healthcare that a child born in the UK gets, no matter how poor they are?
Free at the point of need from health checks, prescription drugs and minor injuries or illness to major trauma and cancer etc?

Okay so only in your state? I was asking about all children of the great USA.Some do not then yes?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The House is voting right now on something.

The Senate is expected to approve !!

All the nay-saying for zero.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: MOMof3
Thank you for your answer.I can't imagine the worry say losing my job and my child became seriously ill or injured and I couldn't afford treatment. Nobody in Britain worries about that and I wish that for all children in the world.

You're turning to someone who is clueless, for your answers. This is why I said you were uninformed. Stop taking advice from the wrong people. They don't treat a child and then kick them out. They treat a child, monitor the child to make sure he or she is going to be ok, and then they release the child and you take your child home and stop by the drug store to fill the prescription the doctor writes you. When my son was 2 months old, we took him to the Quick Care ER because he threw up several times. After he was treated, he stayed until the doctor knew what was wrong and that he would be ok. We were there for almost 8 hours. They didn't bring us in, treat him, and then kick us out like you're being told. Then we filled his prescription at the Pharmacy free of charge. MOMof3 probably hasn't had to take a child to the ER in 40+ years.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. So all children in the US gets free at the point of need medical treatment like in the UK yeh? Is that the same for cancer, prosthetics etc after trauma etc, and ongoing treatment for persisting conditions, fee free drugs as well?
I'm wondering because I do hope all US kids get the basic that British kids get free at point of need, funded by taxation.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Okay so only in your state? I was asking about all children of the great USA.Some do not then yes?

It should be the same everywhere. I'm not sure if it's state governed or federally governed, but you need to stop taking in false information from these other posters.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. So all children in the US gets free at the point of need medical treatment like in the UK yeh? Is that the same for cancer, prosthetics etc after trauma etc, and ongoing treatment for persisting conditions, fee free drugs as well?
I'm wondering because I do hope all US kids get the basic that British kids get free at point of need, funded by taxation.

And I'm wondering if you're an old poster with a new account that's just here to stir turds. I don't think you care this much about kids in another country, especially one you're glad not to be a part of.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So nobody in America goes bankrupt because they can't afford say cancer treatment for their children then? And if anyone does go bankrupt their kids will get the same full ongoing treatment a British kids could expect?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And I'm wondering if you're an old poster with a new account that's just here to stir turds. I don't think you care this much about kids in another country, especially one you're glad not to be a part of.

The topic interests me because the thought of innocent children not receiving treatment because they are born poor is a thought i find abhorrent. It is possible to debate without stirring turds as you eloquently put it.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

If your sick child has cancer and no insurance coverage, then social services help to find what charity, state or feds programs will cover. But you are still responsible for bill. It is up to hospital whether to accept as long term patient.
We walked out of hospital in 2007 owing 237,000 for a major illness.
ETA Cornish guy
edit on 21-12-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

If your sick child has cancer and no insurance coverage, then social services help to find what charity, state or feds programs will cover. But you are still responsible for bill. It is up to hospital whether to accept as long term patient.
ETA Cornish guy

$237,000???!
I'm shocked!Why are so many people saying this doesn't happen? That is a huge amount of money I cannot imagine raising that too quickly, will people say you are lying now or something do you think?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

My husband was on life support in ICU for five weeks then rehab 8 weeks. That was after getting what we could qualify for in charity.

First He had kidney surgery, misssed work for 6 mos, lost our insurance , he went back to work, then back in ER two weeks later and 13 weeks in hospital. I wouldn’t wish our health system on my worst enemy.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So nobody in America goes bankrupt because they can't afford say cancer treatment for their children then? And if anyone does go bankrupt their kids will get the same full ongoing treatment a British kids could expect?

No. There is a hospital called St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and another called Shriners Hospitals for Children that Americans donate to and both places are located throughout America and are specifically for children with cancer, missing limbs, and any other deformity/disease/sickness that children are born with or contract at a young age. Every bit of it is free, and they even have rooms for the parents. Maybe you'll donate since you care so much.

www.stjude.org...

www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

ETA Cornish guy

I just listed the two major Children's Hospitals and I've yet to see them turn a child away, insurance makes no difference. Maybe you're a special case, you're the first person I've heard of that had a sick child and couldn't get the help they needed without paying an arm and a leg.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join